NHL 2017-18

Bmac

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Coyotes are burgundy.

Coyotes are actually maroon (a brownish red), while the Avs are burgundy (purplish red).

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

I for one can't wait for the Ducks to finally leave behind their generic teenage emo phase.

I won't get my hopes up for the third to return as the new primary, but at the very least I'm hoping for something that looks good.

I will say, if the Team Store is anything to go by, there is still a looootttttttttttttttt of Mighty merch. And not just a sprinkle of eggplant and jade throwback, a lotttttttttttt of orange Mighty merch. Also not left over stuff, like new designs.

I'd almost say there's more Mighty merch than D merch in the store currently, and if not, it's at least 50-50. Including a good chunk of last year's 3rd jerseys for sale (Reebok replica and authentic! but still full price. Bastards.)

Whether that means anything, hard to say. Could just be because people latched onto that third jersey and the logo is still part of the shoulder patch and they like making money. But this Mighty merch has the logo outside of the oval. So, I have a sneaking suspicion, and I'd love it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

33 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I will say, if the Team Store is anything to go by, there is still a looootttttttttttttttt of Mighty merch. And not just a sprinkle of eggplant and jade throwback, a lotttttttttttt of orange Mighty merch. Also not left over stuff, like new designs.

I'd almost say there's more Mighty merch than D merch in the store currently, and if not, it's at least 50-50. Including a good chunk of last year's 3rd jerseys for sale (Reebok replica and authentic! but still full price. Bastards.)

Whether that means anything, hard to say. Could just be because people latched onto that third jersey and the logo is still part of the shoulder patch and they like making money. But this Mighty merch has the logo outside of the oval. So, I have a sneaking suspicion, and I'd love it.

So you could say that they're... still mighty? B)

20 hours ago, monkeypower said:

862562626_slide.jpg

(Who also should add an outline to the numbers)

Can't believe I forgot about Dallas.

Although much like the Canucks, I really like that they always have green and black separated by white. When alternates are inevitably brought back, I think the Stars would look great in a black jersey with green numbers outlined in white. Maybe the Texas state outline logo on the front. 

23 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I feel like your last suggestion contradicts your previous points. One thing Vancouver has gotten right with their most recent branding is the consistency of the colour scheme. Aside from their last poor attempt at a third jersey, green and blue are always separated by white, which prevents the bleeding issue you brought up.

I think the only way a green outline on the numbers would work would be if they did a double outline in the vein of the Lightning. With that being said, I actually prefer the single-layer numbers. They're unique in the fact that they are the only multi-colour team with single colour numbers. They just need to find a way to add some green to the collars.

Perhaps, if the green were lightened a shade or two or if the Canucks went with the same navy the Whalers used have. Number bordering is the one exception in which two dark colours can touch. A double outline would look nicer than single coloured numbers(excluding Detroit and Toronto).

Yes. I feel it was just to balance out the red. The sleeves have red in the stripes so the numbers wouldn't need it. The back has no red at all unless it's from the numbers so... there you go. 

That photoshop job with the numbers is pretty bad though.  They couldn't even match the wheat colors right?

We're not doing an AHL thread but this appears to be a new secondary and shadow primary (it's the social media logo and at center ice) for the Chilly Oinkers:

20841044_10154819594872423_1717508741301

A letter R with the Indian Head feathers is certainly moving in the right direction, but holy crap, bad fonts ahoy: you have Rockwell Black which just screams "we couldn't find the Blackhawks font on this computer but this is a slab-serif, close enough" -- 1) the Blackhawks font is Berthold City, and 2) it's not close. Then in the middle, you have...LUCIDA HANDWRITING?!? What is this, a PowerPoint? I wouldn't even approve of a high school using this. (If you want to argue that the establishment date is wrong because the dormant Cincinnati Mighty Ducks were reactivated in 2007 and this team has no claim to the 1999-2007 UHL IceHogs lineage, well, that's your hill to die on.) Then you have "IceHogs" rotated 90 degrees instead of spelled out vertically, which is what I think you usually do on the varsity letters this is trying to evoke. And finally, that bottom corner of the R looks awfully funky, with the corner of that bottom serif clipped as one would clip the corner of a remaindered book. Oh, and "Our Town, Our Team" and its mirror image "Our Team, Our Town" are straight off the Sports Team Slogan List right there with "We Are All _____," "This Is _____ Country," "One Team, One Town," and "Blue-Collar [sport]." The Blackhawks' marketing department is composed of promotional geniuses -- just ask them, they'll tell you -- but some slapdick couldn't have turned out a list of taglines and emailed them to Rockford?

Oh well, maybe it'll get some fine-tuning and replace that stupid pig with the childish lettering.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Point1 said:

Unpopular opinion: single colour numbers look better and way more teams should have them.

78c08812df33fe205ba1adc89c47550d

Henrik+Sedin+Ryan+Kesler+Montreal+Canadi

I think they work great on the Canucks. Feels perfectly cold and crisp. They have to be paired with other crisp design elements, though. The green trim muddies up that pant stripe in comparison to the rest of that uniform.

My (unpopular) opinion is that it also looks great on the Blackhawks. It coordinates better with the the striping on both jerseys. Reminds me of the Stan Mikita days.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

We're not doing an AHL thread but this appears to be a new secondary and shadow primary (it's the social media logo and at center ice) for the Chilly Oinkers:

20841044_10154819594872423_1717508741301

The feathered "R" is something they've been putting on merch for a couple of seasons, and the varsity letter treatment looks good on a sweatshirt or a quarter-zip pullover, and that's about it. Everything placed around it, as you've pointed out, is MS Word-quality. Hopefully the Bruins-knockoff crest from their new third (which they've also been putting on some merch for a few years) really starts gaining prominence.

RockfordThird2017_1024x1024.jpg

When I went to a game last season, this was also being sold on some merchandise, and any hard drive containing the original vector art for it should be incinerated.

hawkhog.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Bruins knockoff is okay, but aren't the P-Broons already using their own version of the Bruins' seashell secondary? What business does Chicago's affiliate have co-opting Boston's logos, anyway? 

Indian Pig Head really shouldn't have made it out of brainstorming, wow. The continued use of the Indian Head is basically predicated on everyone being on their best behavior with it and "the Indian is a pig now" isn't that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, B-mer said:

Yes. I feel it was just to balance out the red. The sleeves have red in the stripes so the numbers wouldn't need it. The back has no red at all unless it's from the numbers so... there you go. 

That photoshop job with the numbers is pretty bad though.  They couldn't even match the wheat colors right?

The NHL shop accidentally used red numbers for the back of the Wild jersey instead of wheat... That might be why.

IMG_1269.thumb.JPG.529c4997273025217ea018b653c7c554.JPG

I almost think it's better than the current version

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived