Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts as a Lions fan:

Throwbacks: Awesome. I wish they were our main unis.

Home and away: I like it, except for the sleeves. Wish the facemask were blue, but it's no big deal. Glad the black is gone. Love the blue pants for their road set. Overall, it's an improvement over their previous set.

Color rush: Complete and utter trash. I hope they only wear these once a season. It's the only uniform in this set that I don't like.

The uniforms are quite beautiful, except for that unnecessary LIONS script inside of the arm stripes. Remove the wordmark and they'd be even better. The complete removal of black was the right move. The grey facemask & the duotone striping were very good choices.

At least they learned from the Browns what not to do, when putting together the pieces of a new uniform design.

52 minutes ago, Sleeper66 said:

Aside from the sleeve "flair," my only gripe is that they kept white in the helmet logo and home numbers and dropped it everywhere else.

The home numbers are silver, trimmed in anthracite (dark steel grey).

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/article-1/Lions-unveil-new-uniforms/3fbedb1c-7b8a-4506-b0b4-dcf7d27cb883

I thought they were white as well.

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

They have gray striped pants, gray plain pants and then darker gray plain pants. Seems a bit much. 

Better than adding white pants IMO, but I agree it does seem a bit much. They should've just made the Color Rush jersey the lighter gray color so they could be used with the regular gray pants with the blue stripes. But again I'd much rather them have the three sets of gray pants than introducing white pants, so I'm fine with it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I love these uniforms. Although I could've done without the initials on the sleeve and I'm not a fan of the number font. But I will be getting a color rush when they come out.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

The home numbers are silver trimmed in anthracite (dark steel grey).

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/article-1/Lions-unveil-new-uniforms/3fbedb1c-7b8a-4506-b0b4-dcf7d27cb883

I looked through the gallery on their site and to my eyes the numbers looked much lighter than the sleeve stripes, so I assumed white. Good catch.

http://news.nike.com/news/detroit-lions-new-uniform

This page gives a good recap. I like these more than the last set but they're not as good as they could have been. The removal of black is great and I think they nailed the colors.

Number font is fine but also not great. Call it meh.

If you have to have a gray Color Rush, blue numbers would make a world of difference. Right now, that entirely gray uniform is bland because it's all gray and white with tiny doses of blue. Liven it up a bit.

White trim would be appreciated, possibly between the blue and silver stripes.

I could live with the Lions wordmark, but the way the WCF is treated differently really bugs me. The fact it overlaps the stripes looks cheap and almost like a one year tribute thing, rather than a perma-memorial.

Solid blue socks will be cool, but they need to avoid the blue/blue look for pants and socks together.

I grade it out as B-. Decent, but could have been much better. Still nicer to look at than the black.

2 minutes ago, insert name said:

IMG_9737.JPG

Welp, "untouchable" sure is the right name for this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, Sleeper66 said:

According to one of the Lions' beat writers, the blue pants are a road option, not part of the default road set.

What I suspected, but still good to know that won't be an 8-times-a-year look for them.

Not so fast.... According to the article on their site, blue pants are part of the default road set.

&%*$%.

Archived