Lions New Logo and Uniforms 2017

gek_6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My overall verdict: This is on par with Nike's Vikings set. It has its flaws (sleeve wordmarks, number font isn't quite there, matching pants and socks), but it improves upon the previous set while at least trying to reach back into the Lions' history and bring it into the future.

Obviously the Color Rush™ alternate is the weakest uniform of the set because monochrome, but the tops themselves aren't too bad (this can be said of a lot of Color Rush™ tops). If the day ever comes where teams could pair Color Rush™ uniforms with different-colored pants, they might not look so bad with the blue pants. Also, using gray/silver socks with blue pants and blue socks with the Color Rush™ set might not be too bad.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I really like them.  Look great without the black.  Kind of surprised they didn't go with the metallic chrome decals on the helmet (not shiny chrome, but metallic chrome like Auburn or Texas).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think it's a good look overall.....especially after seeing what Nike has done with other clubs. I'm not a fan of the mismatched sleeves and I would prefer a wider font for the numerals. Other than that. I think it's fine.

gYH2mW9.png

Overall i rank it as a lateral move. Jerseys are fine but like most here I agree the word mark and WCF on the sleeves should go. Grey uniforms for your COLOR Rush uniform is an odd choice. Where the really messed up is on the helmet. They went from having helmet strips that were too thin to stripes that are too wide. Plus they should have some white on the stripping. They also should have had the blue outline around their logo be their new dark grey or just had the logo outlined in white. Also, Is it just me or is the facemask actually silver? It looks to shiny for grey and it certainly doesn't look chrome. If it is silver that would be a first. I give the a B-. not bad considering.

3 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Also, I gotta address a pet peeve of mine.

This is a chrome facemask:

IMG_8263.JPG

This is not a chrome facemask (same as the Bucs):

IMG_8250.JPG

That's a pet peeve of mine too. People mistakenly treat those as the same all the time, when they really aren't all that close. People make the same mistake with decals too.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That's a pet peeve of mine too. People mistakenly treat those as the same all the time, when they really aren't all that close. People make the same mistake with decals too.

The lions' website calls it silver.. They don't refer to it as chrome

And the decal issue is typically caused by the fact that the decal companies refer to them as chrome decals (their metallic decals have glitter/flake)

- The helmet logo being blue white blue along with a blue silver blue stripe doesn't look right at all.

- The facemask should be blue.

- The number font is terrible.

- Sleeve wordmarks are stupids but mismatched sleeves styles are even worse.

- The blue pants need white striped socks or at the very least silver ones.

- Mono-blue will be absolutely terrible. (It will surely happens...)

- The color rush set is a :censored:ing pain.

- Thank God for the throwbacks, I'll at least be able to get some new Lions jerseys...

2 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

The lions' website calls it silver.. They don't refer to it as chrome

And the decal issue is typically caused by the fact that the decal companies refer to them as chrome decals (their metallic decals have glitter/flake)

I brought it up because I've seen people confuse it countless times and it bugs me.

8 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Also, I gotta address a pet peeve of mine.

This is a chrome facemask:

IMG_8263.JPG

This is not a chrome facemask (same as the Bucs):

IMG_8250.JPG

I don't think anyone has called them chrome since the reveal. Prior it was thought that it was anpossibility because they looked shinier than normal in that one picture that had to be really enhanced to see. Everyone knows it's silver and they even say it on the website.

I like these a lot. Can do without the mismatched sleeves, but these are really nice. Big fan of the Mustang style stripes, and is kinda why I don't mind the word mark on the sleeve. If that was on both sides these would be instant classics. As they stand they are modern uniforms done well. Almost forgot about the color rush. For one game I can live with it, but those better not be worn any other time.

Really wish the Bucs would've done something like this. Has enough modern trends without going crazy. Browns were really close, but had to put their name on their pants. Sad.

13 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

IMG_8258.JPG

IMG_8257.JPG

Now that I see the full view, I'm digging these a bit more than I was initially. I'd still prefer a complete throwback to the Barry Sanders look, but these look solid as a whole.

Changes I'd make:

- Actual silver, rather than gray, pants. Also, silver pants on the road (I don't mind the blue, but as an alternate)

- Add white in between the blue stripes on the jersey, helmet and pants. It'd match the logo and numbers better

- Lose the wordmarks on the sleeve stripes...this is the only thing I actually strongly dislike about the set

- Blue facemask

Other than that, I'm not a huge fan of the color rush, but I can live with it for a game or two.

Archived