Bucfan56

2018 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

Horrible weather, horrible team, Tuesday afternoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it certainly didn’t take long (or much) to revive that Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Stanley Cup playoff games - 0 fights

A baseball Wednesday in April - 2 brawls

 

We truly live in bizarro world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Angels are 10-3 and are atop the AL West standings. Normally the Astros would already have a five-game lead by this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Normally the Astros would already have a five-game lead by this point.

 

Man baseball sure has changed in the past 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 All-Star Game will be hosted by the Dodgers.

https://www.mlb.com/news/dodger-stadium-to-host-2020-all-star-game/c-271774496

 

It's nice we're back on the track of alternating between NL and AL parks, but... the NL will be the visiting team this year in DC, the AL should be the visiting team next year in Cleveland, and then the NL would be the visiting team in LA... someone really didn't think this out when they awarded all the NL stadiums in a row the game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

2020 All-Star Game will be hosted by the Dodgers.

https://www.mlb.com/news/dodger-stadium-to-host-2020-all-star-game/c-271774496

 

It's nice we're back on the track of alternating between NL and AL parks, but... the NL will be the visiting team this year in DC, the AL should be the visiting team next year in Cleveland, and then the NL would be the visiting team in LA... someone really didn't think this out when they awarded all the NL stadiums in a row the game...

Now that it's just an exhibition, just make host team's league the home team.  Let NL be host this year.  I don't want to see "home team / road park" go on, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Now that it's just an exhibition, just make host team's league the home team.  Let NL be host this year.  I don't want to see "home team / road park" go on, that's for sure.

 

I always thought that it was cool that it is the one time that the host city gets to see the Home whites of the teams that are always in their greys at that park. I remember the first 2 MiLB All-Star games that I went to specifically because it was the first time seeing most of those team's home uniforms for the first time in person.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stratton and Law combine for a one hitter tonight. The only hit by the Padres was by pitcher Clayton Richard, who was a pinch hitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 7:53 AM, shstpt1 said:

 

I always thought that it was cool that it is the one time that the host city gets to see the Home whites of the teams that are always in their greys at that park. I remember the first 2 MiLB All-Star games that I went to specifically because it was the first time seeing most of those team's home uniforms for the first time in person.

 

But that still goes for 14 uniforms even if the host team's league is designated home team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 9:53 AM, shstpt1 said:

 

I always thought that it was cool that it is the one time that the host city gets to see the Home whites of the teams that are always in their greys at that park. I remember the first 2 MiLB All-Star games that I went to specifically because it was the first time seeing most of those team's home uniforms for the first time in person.

 

The AAA All Star teams have one set of uniforms now. Only the hats and helmets are team issued. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Meanwhile in Cincinnati:

 

giphy.gif

 

They're the A's of the NL. At best, they'll have about maybe 3-4 good seasons in every 15-20, but they'll likely never be dominant again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daniel Vogelbach reminds me a lot of Kyle Schwarber. Dude’s got some power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Angels are now 13-3, best start through 16 games in franchise history.

Red Sox also off to their best start in 117 years at 12-2. 

 

Going to be a good series when they meet up on Tuesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 9:27 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

 

They're the A's of the NL. At best, they'll have about maybe 3-4 good seasons in every 15-20, but they'll likely never be dominant again.

 

Unless the economics of baseball change (and Im not advocating that they do) their best hope is the Royals of the NL where they plan six years in advance in hopes of timing a window of opportunity that doesn't end in getting swept in the divisional round with a no-hitter, or blowing a 2-0 series lead at home, or melting down in a wildcard game when their chances do come. Those are just random occurrences that could happen in the postseason that I mention for no specific reason. 

 

20 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Reds off to their worst start (2-12) since 1931

 

Sigh. They're obviously not good, but also everything has gone wrong and yesterday Bryan Price managed the 9th like an idiot. I haven't even been to a game yet this season and my enthusiasm is wiped.
 

 Only silver lining is I look forward to scoring some diamond seats in August or September for next to nothing. I'll have the run of the place and there will be no concessions or bathroom lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now