Teams Due for a Rebrand

FALCON6

Morgo hit the team I thought of first, the Lightning. Their plain and wannabe 1920's original 6 team look is tired and uninspired for a team with a unique nickname. The logo lacks depth and the uniforms look like practice unis.

Rays, Marlins, and Browns come to mind as well.

Florida as a whole has to be bottom of the barrel with pro sports teams unis/logos.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/28/2018 at 7:53 AM, AstroBull21 said:

The Rays are fine, but they should flip the shades of blue to make light blue primary and navy blue secondary. Become the UNC of MLB....

afa061ede6905e721bfea68d7009cb7e.jpg

ozzevfrvgjkddbx-20150214023147-1.jpg

UNC-at-UCLA-18-1.jpg

51a27a0f273a8.image.jpg

Beautiful!

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

19 hours ago, PhysicalGraffiti said:

Florida as a whole has to be bottom of the barrel with pro sports teams unis/logos.

Agreed.  You can add the Panthers to that list with their MLS shield, derivative striping, poor colour balance and wacky military patches that looked dated as soon as they were unveiled.

Alright here we go, this is more of a how do i fix everyone's looks but keeping it basic-

NFL. I want a unique super bowl logo every year.

Browns. Ugh they missed on the rebrand, while I think theyre close to a cool modern look, there are some parts that really do suck.

Rams. Go back to the Greatest Show on turf look, but match the helmet color to the jersey color. I think its the greatest look in pro football.

Patriots. Go to the color rush jerseys for a blue home white away and red alt but keep the logo and do white helmet. But do this after Brady leaves. Let that "thing" keep its terrible uniforms to itself.

Chargers. Switch the primary blue to the light blue. Winning set right there. And have everyone use yellow gear like keenan allen does

Raiders. New Logo, not even going to speak of the heaven that is the uniforms

Jets. Since the Eagles history is now forever stuck to midnight green, you have the clear to go ahead and take the kelly green. Dont change anything else, the look is actually great. Maybe a jet logo though would help.

Cowboys. Match the pants and helmet. Please.

Cardinals. could use a refresh on the uniforms, the logos are great though

MLB

Brewers. While I dont think they need a complete overhaul, Pick a logo, pick your colors, and stick with it. I love the emphasis on the wheat gold, I think it makes "Brewers" work. And keep the Times New Roman numbers, theyre cool and unique, but only would work on a baseball or soccer uni.

Padres. Go back to brown and gold we have enough blue and white teams in the league. And the Brewers might be the blue and gold before you establish yourself. Get a good brand for some media attention while youre still bad. The SD logo is pretty cool, i think its great bit you need to change to brown and gold.

Indians. Everything uniform wise is good, but you need a new primary logo. That C is boring and unidentifiable. Look at Pittsburgh or Philadelphia's P for a reference of an recognizable one letter cap logo. But i guess a whole rebrand comes with a new primary logo.

Mariners. Stick with the teal, since the marlins blew it. You can go back to old logos if you REALLY want, but dont do the blue and yellow, thats already done a la Brewers and Padres.

Marlins. You blew it, use the current set but switch the orange for teal and there you go. And drop the 3 other colors used in the logos but not the uniforms

Rays. Embrace the light blue a bit more. You have a cool wordmark and being in Tampa recently it really works down there. the look here is close.

Rockies. Keep using the purple it looks FANTASTIC. especially the "new" brightened purple. I love it.

NHL

Sabres. Close but needs some touches on the uniforms. Logo is nice minus those two weird lines in the middle for no reason, i think it throws off the balance. Maybe success would help out the looks though.

Stars. Just make the logo bigger on the jerseys it feels too small. I guess thats what happens when the edges of your logo are just some points of a star and you have to fit them inside the merch machines

Senators. I actually like the logo. Its representative of what its supposed to be. Would anyone rather a raiders logo 2.0? I think not. Go back to the pre-adidas font, it worked for you, and get new uniforms plz.

Lightning. Try volt in small doses. And throw some black OR gray (not both) in the mix as well. I have seen some concepts on here that do this perfectly. You are not an Original 6 team so stop dressing like one.

Canucks. Throw some green into the logo even if its just an outline. Jerseys are fantastic.

Coyotes. A miss on the recent rebrand, I think the previous jerseys were perfect if you replace the white with the tan in your logo.

Kings. Add some purple but not with the yellow too. Not sure how to do this without overhauling the look but the purple was working for you.

NBA. Un-standardize your logos.

Thunder. Everything needs to go. You have a cool name, a logo that has no relation to this cool name, and the inconsistent alternate uniforms this team wears are unbearable. Nothing is good here. You have a cool blue color to work off of but you picked 6 (at least it feels like 6) other colors in your designs. Thunder is obviously ot the easiest logo to come up with but come on, there are plenty of places to draw inspiration from, aka THESE BOARDS MAYBE?

Hawks. Volt doesn't work well, and the main issue is looking at the court. Its an eyesore. And why can't your jerseys be one solid color? sublimated all over is not a good look and they SHOULD NOT ever mismatch uniforms again. Terrible.

Nets, Once you figure out when you want to be not last, get a better uniform to do that in. Black and white can be donr, you just missed your first shot. Try again!

Cavaliers. The wine and navy and black do not look good together. Embrace yellow as the secondary. and honestly i think they should drop the black entirely and demote the navy to a tertiary.

Mavericks. Something new after Dirk leaves. Its gotten stale

Clippers. Need I say more?

Lakers. New logo (i know its classic but come on it doesn't fit in with the league, just look at the NBA logos page it sticks out like a sore thumb.)

Knicks. See Lakers above.

Just my thoughts, and if you're still reading this, wow, i'm impressed, thank you for your time.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

19 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Does anyone else think that there are a ton of NFL teams that would look infinitely better if they used their color rush jerseys full time? (Patriots, Jets, Browns, Colts, Broncos, Cowboys, Giants, Vikings, Falcons, Rams)

Assuming you don’t mean that mono trash and are just talking about the tops:

yes, yes, both suck, this is just the regular jersey, yes, no just use the navy jersey’s pants!, yes, no, both are meh, yes.

Rams(royal and yellow), Eagles(kelly green), Falcons(red helmet), Bucs, Broncos, Patriots(updated patriot pat helmet, no gray anywhere), Jets(kelly green helmet like the 80s w/ a Jet logo), Bengals(just the jersey),  Browns(time for a logo something needs to shake you out of futility). 

Flames(80's uni), Kings(new logo, Purple and yellow or black), Canucks(Johnny Canuck on the uni), Oilers(Royal or Orange w/ Royal), Avs(maroon pants/helmets), Jets(light blue uni), Lightning(add silver as 2nd color), Caps(W eagle on the uni), Sabres(royal), Senators(use the concept logo w/ the centurion in the O shape), Rangers(ugly logo get something new to go w/ the good color scheme). Ducks(Duck mask w/ stick, or all new Duck, go back to eggplant/teal or maroon/teal). Golden Knights(be Gold)

NFL: Bengals, Cardinals, Patriots, Cowboys, Rams, Jets

MLB: Rays, Padres, Indians, Twins, Rockies

NBA: Thunder, Clippers, Mavericks, Nets, Pistons, Rockets, Jazz, Nuggets, Raptors... and the Timberwolves need to go back to the drawing board on their uniforms.

NHL: Kings, Ducks, Lightning, Hurricanes, Canucks, Senators, Capitals, Penguins

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Penguins

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

MLB:

Arizona - Go back to the original, 1998 color scheme.  Brick just doesn't work for you.

Atlanta - Time to go with something completely new.  New "A," new color scheme.

Cleveland - Needs a full-blown rebrand.  Rechristen them the "Cleveland Spiders" and go with a Colorado Rockies-like black, purple and white scheme.

Colorado - Go back to your old shade of purple.  Otherwise?  Don't change a thing.

Florida - Bring back the Florida friggin' Marlins, period.  Break out the MIB "flashy thingy" and make the entire "Miami Marlins" history disappear.

Milwaukee - Commit to the ball-in-glove full time.

Philadelphia - Bring back the 70's/80's "P."  Keep the colors as-is if you want, but bring that "P" back.

San Diego - Bring back the brown and gold.  And never, ever change from it again.

Texas - Ditch the color scheme that you brought there from D.C. back in 1972 and go with something more Texan... brown, tan, the gold of a badge.

NBA:

Everyone - Go back to a 'home' and 'road' jersey, and stop with the four-jersey per team, "who the hell is playing who?" look

NFL:

Arizona - The helmet could use another tweaking.  The bird looks fine, but the plain, white shell is dated.

Baltimore - No monochrome.  Ever.  Otherwise?  I've seen worse.

Chicago - I'll be blasphemous... the Bears need an overhaul.  Ditch the wishbone "C."  Ditch the thin numerals. Modernize a bit.

Cincinnati - Go back 35 years and look like the Bengals the last time they were truly relevant.  It might help.

Cleveland - Either go back to the 70's/80's look of the team, or just give up and move it to Baltimore, too.

Dallas - Yes, Dallas.  Keep the star.  Keep the helmet color.  Revamp everything else.  Make your colors consistent across the board.

Jacksonville - Oh Jesus where to even begin with this train wreck... start with a single helmet color, then we'll go from there.

Los Angeles Rams - Say it with me:  blue and gold.  Blue and gold.  BLUE AND GOLD.

New England - Flying Elvis has had a good run, but it's time for him to leave the building.

New Orleans - Will get a tweak whenever the new owner winds up buying the team from Benson's widow, or Benson's estate, or Benson DuBois... whoever owns the team now.

New York Jets - It's time to retire the Namath-era look once and for all.  And perhaps the color scheme of green and white, for that matter.

Pittsburgh - Two words:  Varsity numbers.

Tampa - You've ****ed up the second generation pewter look.  Might as well go back to an updated Bucco Bruce at this point.

Tennessee - Ditch the flames from the helmet and just go with the "T" and three stars in a shield.  Embrace the past by keeping the Oilers color scheme alive.

Washington - Needs a full-blown rebrand.  Rechristen them anything that doesn't provoke controversy.  Keep the color scheme, though.

NHL:

Arizona - Needs a full-blown rebrand as the Seattle Metropolitans.

Carolina - Needs a partial rebrand to "Raleigh Hurricanes," because an astonishing number of people think the team plays in Charlotte.  As a nod to Whalers fans, go back to the green, blue, silver and white while you're at it because, hey, why not?

Dallas - Should be rebranded to free up "North Stars" for Minnesota.  It'd give them a chance to take things in an entirely new direction if desired.

Ottawa - Needs an update.  Not wholesale change, but a modernization.

Philadelphia - Tradition is great, but the orange and black need a tweak of some kind.

MLS:

Eh... it's soccer... as long as the jersey's got a number on the back and someone's whored out the front to a sponsor?  Not much else matters, no?

nav-logo.png

1 hour ago, CRichardson said:

I think their uniforms are okay, but still nowhere near as good as their final CCM-era set. I've also never liked the skating penguin logo. It's always felt like a minor league logo to me.

IMO, this concept by Quentin Brehler is pretty close to what an ideal Penguins logo would be:

YPXrcVt.jpg

https://dribbble.com/shots/1227197-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Concept-Evolution

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

MLB: Orioles (go all in on cartoon bird), Indians (something with a little life to it, love the oft-done feather-C concept), Twins, Rays

NBA: Nets, Cavs (choose navy or black), Mavs (at least new unis), Rockets (5 years ago), Clippers, Grizzlies, Thunder, Jazz

NFL: Cardinals, Bengals, Rams, Dolphins, Patriots (new unis), Bucs (new unis)

2 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

MLB:

Texas - Ditch the color scheme that you brought there from D.C. back in 1972 and go with something more Texan... brown, tan, the gold of a badge.

Should the Houston Texans go with something more Texan?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/29/2018 at 2:39 PM, PhysicalGraffiti said:

Rays, Marlins, and Browns come to mind as well.

Agree with the Devil Rays. I think their eventual move to the Ybor City district will result in a complete rebrand.

You just made the Iron List!!

Iron List.png

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2018 at 2:41 PM, C-Squared said:

Atlanta used to be at the top of my list until I read this article by @BrandMooreArt. Now I'm questioning everything I thought I knew about myself.

Since Nike is butchering their current set, I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets step into the 21st century with something modern & fresh.

No, l have lived in the Atlanta area for seven years now, and l have definitely adopted the Falcons as a secondary team (Steelers are my favorite team.) There is "something off" with the sleeve cap. It's too busy, and l don't think it flows with the rest of the uniform. I would, (and a lot of Atlanta natives,) would love to see a return to the "Glanville" era uniform. 

Aside from the sleeve caps, the modern Falcon uniform is serviceable. But l, and many locals, miss that full-on-black uniform with the more simple Falcon. And, BTW, l like the modern Falcon, too!!

12 minutes ago, verno said:

No, l have lived in the Atlanta area for seven years now, and l have definitely adopted the Falcons as a secondary team (Steelers are my favorite team.) There is "something off" with the sleeve cap. It's too busy, and l don't think it flows with the rest of the uniform. I would, (and a lot of Atlanta natives,) would love to see a return to the "Glanville" era uniform. 

Aside from the sleeve caps, the modern Falcon uniform is serviceable. But l, and many locals, miss that full-on-black uniform with the more simple Falcon. And, BTW, l like the modern Falcon, too!!

Indoor teams should be banned from wearing black.  I haven't seen any games from the new stadium, but I can't imagine the lighting would be good enough to make black unis look anything but drab.  

Pre-Glanville red (or Glanville-era but in red instead of black) could be nice.  I don't hate their current set nearly as much as most people here do, but a more traditional look - even if based on the current logo - might do some good.  I would not go back to the silver pants though.  Black/Red/White (primary home), black/white/red (primary road), black/red/black (secondary home), black/white/white (secondary road), black/black/white (alt), black/black/black (color rush).

On 3/31/2018 at 3:41 PM, WSU151 said:

Should the Houston Texans go with something more Texan?

Here's the mascot:

rich_texan_the_simpsons.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/28/2018 at 3:10 PM, coco1997 said:

The Rockies are long overdue for a refresh of some kind. 

Rockies need to fix the wordmark on the jersey, its too this and difficult to read. Color scheme is perfect. 

Archived