NHL Winter Classic update

Top Shelf

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would the Sabres wear white? Confusing. Also, I really don't see the Pens wearing the baby blues. I'd expect Lemieux-era black and gold... you know, from the championship years.

Why would the Sabres wear white?

Because when they wore those it was still white at home?

This makes me alittle more pissed about how pens season ticket holders were screwed by ticketmaster. Weve yet to see the "about one thousand remaining tickets". Next time they should sell teh tickets for season ticket holders to...i dont know...season ticket holders!?

oBIgzrL.png

Why would the Sabres wear white? Confusing. Also, I really don't see the Pens wearing the baby blues. I'd expect Lemieux-era black and gold... you know, from the championship years.

According to the link, the Penguins will be wearing these. Now, it's just a message board, so it may or may not be true. It would be great if they wore the baby blues, those are among my all-time favorites.

Penguins2.gif

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

According to the link, the Penguins will be wearing these. Now, it's just a message board, so it may or may not be true. It would be great if they wore the baby blues, those are among my all-time favorites.

Penguins2.gif

Try this...a store is promoting the Sabres jersey for the winter classic

http://greatskate.com/webmodules/catCatalo...9&ManuID=73

http://sabresnotslugs.blogspot.com/2007/10...to-be-worn.html

Throwbacks? That would be an awesome! Part of me has always liked the Sabres white vintage jerseys a tad more than the blue vintage jersey.

GreatSkate's customer service told me when I asked about the uniform for the game "Absolutely yes...white vintage."

And he replied when I asked about an official announcement from any organization and he replied "They haven't announced it yet but we definitely know about it...wanna get in your pre-order today?"

He also said that the jersey is made by RBK but is NOT in an RBK Edge cut uniform. It will simply be the same style cut as our alternate thirds from last year. According to them, there will be no NHL emblem on the neck. It is a replica jersey that they are selling as well, NOT the authentic.

Slightly off-topic, but does this mean they've officially dropped the name "Ice Bowl" from consideration?

Yeah. As far as I know it is officially always being referred to as the Amp Winter Classic, and "Ice Bowl" is still being used, but just informally and not by the league/teams/etc.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I guess we've been told (in Buffalo) ever since the "rumors" started during the summer about the Winter Classic that it would be throwbacks... so I think it's kind of a non-announcement for a lot of us.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived