2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just amazed it even had to come to this! People in the giant corporation that owns the Atlanta Braves thought this was a good idea and weren't stopped by other people in the giant corporation. It's stunning.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I tried posting a reply earlier, but it didn't go through, so I'm sorry if I unintentionally double post this comment. Among the new mlb bp caps for the 2013, the Houston Astros and Angels look the best IMO. Can't wait til they are available. Anyways, anyone have an update on the Chicago Cubs? I read an earlier thread that the Cubbies are tweaking their uniforms for the 2013 season, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. I wouldn't doubt the rumor is true though.

Slightly related to the Cubs (alt sleeve patch), but are the AL or NL changing the amount of stars in their logos due to Houston?

EDIT: 6T3Db.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

ESPN.com published an interview with New Era president Pete Augustine. When asked about the idea behind the new BP caps, Augustine responded as follows:

"Well, we’ve always had good stories behind our product, but it is very important to keep it fresh. We also think it’s important to continue innovating with performance product. This is a lighter-weight product with a new fabric and we’re calling it Diamond Era. It looks like it has more of a performance weave to it. It will soft launch on Opening Day and it won’t just be used for batting practice. We’re really getting away from the BP model because we don’t want to pigeonhole in just that. Some teams might want to wear it more frequently than others."

I personally think it would be interesting and refreshing to see some teams experiment with wearing the BP caps for some games. The new 59Fifty construction allows them to make their BP caps sort of another alternate.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

ESPN.com published an interview with New Era president Pete Augustine. When asked about the idea behind the new BP caps, Augustine responded as follows:

"Well, we’ve always had good stories behind our product, but it is very important to keep it fresh. We also think it’s important to continue innovating with performance product. This is a lighter-weight product with a new fabric and we’re calling it Diamond Era. It looks like it has more of a performance weave to it. It will soft launch on Opening Day and it won’t just be used for batting practice. We’re really getting away from the BP model because we don’t want to pigeonhole in just that. Some teams might want to wear it more frequently than others."

I personally think it would be interesting and refreshing to see some teams experiment with wearing the BP caps for some games. The new 59Fifty construction allows them to make their BP caps sort of another alternate.

Additional alternates means additional revenue from merch. If this is the case, I would like to see some of the teams use it as an opportunity to introduce a new logo. The BP hat would be perfect for the Indians to do something like the Feathered C concept that was posted on here awhile back. Instead of rehashing old logos, some of the teams should try to do something new.

70389454.png

The Braves might reconsider their BP hat unfortunately. :(http://sports.yahoo....04693--mlb.html

Good. Racist complaints notwithstanding, it's a terrible logo to begin with, and it would look even worse on a cap. It looks like a 5-year-old's connect the dots drawing. Maybe, just maybe, it would look better if it was filled with some color as it was on the old Braves' sleeve patch. But even that's a stretch.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I hope that the Braves will instead go with the tri-color "A" on a hat with a navy crown and scarlet bill and button (basically have the BP logo on the home hat).

I'm personally a fan of the Tomahawk A, and think its a great BP cap logo.

Astros new look overall is a huge downgrade for me.

The Rays hat is laughable, that's just hilarious. Burst of sunshine coming for ya!

Not usually a fan of different color brim hats, so not sure how I feel about the Yankees and many others doing that.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived