New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People bashed the Broncos when they switched uniforms in the 90's and now people love them.

Who, exactly?

Most hated the Hawks new uniforms (some still hate them to this day on here) but they have started to grow on people because they look better on the field on Sundays versus photoshoots.

Who, exactly?

Original.jpg

I held off clicking on this thread as I knew the average poster on here would bash these uniforms just like they bashed my Seahawks uniforms last year. People bashed the Broncos when they switched uniforms in the 90's and now people love them. Most hated the Hawks new uniforms (some still hate them to this day on here) but they have started to grow on people because they look better on the field on Sundays versus photoshoots.

I applaud the innovation that Nike and Jaguars took with these uniforms. I do disagree with Nike's idea of having all 3 (Jags, Phins, Vikes) uniforms displayed together as all three are completely different styles (Vikings = traditional, Dolphins = simple, Jaguars = cutting edge). This makes the Jaguars uniforms look somewhat ackward. I'm not saying the new Jaguars uniforms are great by any means, but I think the MOD EDIT should withhold judgement until we see these uniforms as a whole on the field on Sundays. I think these cutting edge uniforms for the Seahawks and Jaguars are still light years better than what we've seen with the Falcons, Cardinals, and previous Vikings.

Stockholm Syndrome is not a sign of quality, but rather that of acceptance and resignation.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Jaguars uniform looks like a case of the designer being unable to tell the client "NO". One look at his ridiculous mustache, and you can tell that Khan is a man with incredibly tacky tastes. Those sensibilities have seeped into every aspect of this design.

All the elements of this uniform seem random. They do not seem like a part of a cohesive unit. I honestly think a random design generator in Madden could come up with something that looked nicer than this.

As for the disgusting helmet... It looks someone was in the process of tricking out an old caddy with gold spray paint when the police showed up and ruined their day...

I find it hard to believe that this design was approved by the NFL. Just across-the-board AWFUL.

Original.jpg

I held off clicking on this thread as I knew the average poster on here would bash these uniforms just like they bashed my Seahawks uniforms last year. People bashed the Broncos when they switched uniforms in the 90's and now people love them. Most hated the Hawks new uniforms (some still hate them to this day on here) but they have started to grow on people because they look better on the field on Sundays versus photoshoots.

I applaud the innovation that Nike and Jaguars took with these uniforms. I do disagree with Nike's idea of having all 3 (Jags, Phins, Vikes) uniforms displayed together as all three are completely different styles (Vikings = traditional, Dolphins = simple, Jaguars = cutting edge). This makes the Jaguars uniforms look somewhat ackward. I'm not saying the new Jaguars uniforms are great by any means, but I think the MOD EDIT should withhold judgement until we see these uniforms as a whole on the field on Sundays. I think these cutting edge uniforms for the Seahawks and Jaguars are still light years better than what we've seen with the Falcons, Cardinals, and previous Vikings.

The bolded is a big part of why the design (IMO) sucks - and this holds true for Seattle's most recent set. While each uniform is representative of the team's brand, it also fits under a larger brand that is the NFL.

When there are designs which grossly change the look of the NFL, there are going to be matchups that just don't look very good. That's part of why people say Bears v. Packers/Cowboys v. Redskins/Steelers v. Ravens are (generally) visually appealing - they represent the individual brands and the NFL.

I'm sorry, what exactly is innovative about this uniform? People keep saying that, yet I still haven't figured it out.

Gradient helmet? San Diego State and Arkansas did it, and they did it MUCH better

"Chrome" shoulders? Oregon and Cal

Opposing shoulder colors? Don't get me started

Custom Number font? Everyone

Tapered and Cut off pant stripes? Everybody

What this is is a run of the mill Nike uniform that took possibly the single worst design element ever and screwed it up big time. So, supporters of the uniform, can you pleeeeeeeeease stop using "innovative" to describe why we are all idiots for not liking the uniform?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I would give these a solid B with black pants and a B+ with white pants.

Jerseys: A

They aren't perfect, but they are very good. I really like the numbers and shoulders, but the shiny finish isn't doing it for me. It just looks like plastic wrap on the jersey. They aren't quite good enough for an A+, but I do really like them.

Pants: B+,A

I like the pants design but black socks with black pants brings it down a bit. The white pants are very good.

Helmet: D

I usually like color shifting/ gradient helmets, but I just can't get behind this. There is potential, and it might look better on the field, but this needs to go back to the drawing board.

Hey! I can conceive ideas just as bad as Nike's! Or vice-versa I guess. From my 2009 Radical Saints Helmet Concepts thread.

saints-concept.jpg

Now just come up with a ridiculous excuse like 'saints bring people out of darkness into light' and you've got it. Pay us $100k.

Well at least the gold and black are in the right order on this helmet.

There are some elements that I like (the numerical font, for instance), but overall it does look too disjointed and busy. I'll wait to see the helmet on the field before I decide whether it's as bad as I think it is.

Adding to that, this is a view we're going to see a lot of this season:

vxgto7.jpg

It's just so disjointed, and the more I see the standard home jersey, the more I hate this set.

Its awful... Looks like that 90s fad where people had shirts with different color patches allover.

MOD EDIT

The helmet will look better on the field, that I can say with some certainty. The fade will be more natural, and that is a good thing. A black helmet would have been infinitely better though. I do like the uniforms however, not fantastic, but good.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The helmet will look better on the field, that I can say with some certainty. The fade will be more natural, and that is a good thing. A black helmet would have been infinitely better though. I do like the uniforms however, not fantastic, but good.

Agreed. 11 players on the field wearing this new design will determine the overall success of these uniforms and helmet design. I also think this will look better on Sundays.

From the NFL uniforms thread.

Someone in the Jags message boards (posted on 4/9) is claiming the following regarding the Jags helmet "1 other thing I will tell you that you will find out in due time is the new helmet the Jags have is 2/3 high gloss gold and 1/3 flat black." Poster says he heard it from someone inside the organization.

Just something I read and figured I would pass it along.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I noticed that in the darker lighting, the teal looks much more bluish than in other pics and the gold more yellowish. I much prefer the pics where the teal is greener and the gold darker so that it looks less like a couple of primary colors slapped onto a black set.

Original.jpg

The bolded is a big part of why the design (IMO) sucks - and this holds true for Seattle's most recent set. While each uniform is representative of the team's brand, it also fits under a larger brand that is the NFL.

When there are designs which grossly change the look of the NFL, there are going to be matchups that just don't look very good. That's part of why people say Bears v. Packers/Cowboys v. Redskins/Steelers v. Ravens are (generally) visually appealing - they represent the individual brands and the NFL.

Or it's just because they are rivals and tend to have great match ups year in and year out.

atlanta_braves_sig2.png

sport-scarf_cuse_zpsabc0a909.png

People bashed the Broncos when they switched uniforms in the 90's and now people love them.

Who, exactly?

Most hated the Hawks new uniforms (some still hate them to this day on here) but they have started to grow on people because they look better on the field on Sundays versus photoshoots.

Who, exactly?

Actually that sounds a lot like me

spacer.png

spacer.png

Original.jpg

Or it's just because they are rivals and tend to have great match ups year in and year out.

True, but part of that is the visual tradition of the teams.

Bears/Packers is rarely a rivalry between good teams - remember, they've only had one playoff matchup in the last sixty years - but there's a great legacy there. And part of that legacy is a visual one.

Uniform changes sever a measure of connection to the team's past. It's even worse when those teams make a series of changes as soon as the rules let them. Once teams stop building that visual legacy, something gets lost. I don't think Redskins/Cowboys would have been nearly as interesting to the vast majority of the country if those two teams didn't have such solid identities.

Archived