2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

How are adidas allowed to sell those jerseys? With many of those countries being under Nike now.

Is it because they were sponsored by Adidas before? So they still hold the rights? Just wondering.

Loving that French Saint crest, beauty.

Well, just look at the crests. The ones, that are under Adidas-Sponsorships (Germany, Spain, Argentina, Mexico) have their original retro logos. The other ones just have some fake concept logos on the chest.

The other thing is that not every licensing agreement is exclusive. Just because an on-field deal is with Company A doesn't always mean that Company B can't produce merchandise for that team, for example. There may also only be certain assets that are exclusive to Company A, such as a specific logomark.

Well I'm 99% positive that nation states cannot be trademarked (public domain) so effectively any company can make faux national team merchandise as long as they are not infringing on official football federation logos. This is also the case with city names where you see the fake/generic sports merch that is frequently sold at US swap meets. A good example would be a faux lakers jersey: yellow tank with purple lettering numbers with an italicized Los Angeles wordmark.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That France "Throwback" would be absolutely beautiful if it weren't for those damn three stripes on the shoulders.

Which is the general reaction to most of Adidas' products.

I liked it when the French flag was worked into the adidas stripes

IMG_3134.jpg

This was done on several occasions.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

At some point Adidas is going to have to stop slapping their three stripes on team colored jerseys and calling it a day. Every one of those originals without them look vastly sharper than their counterparts.

I don't own a soccer jersey yet but I may finally be snagging that Mexico one for that reason alone.

Midway.png

Why? Those three stripes are an ingenious feature that causes instant brand recognition. They'd be stupid to drop it because most people don't really care (unless it's overdone). I don't think I've ever met a European soccer fan who has complained about it.

It is overdone though, i dont mind if its on training gear and stuff like that like it is in the nba, but to be on the actual jerseys and drastically alter every one of their teams looks with it is too much.

Why? Those three stripes are an ingenious feature that causes instant brand recognition. They'd be stupid to drop it because most people don't really care (unless it's overdone). I don't think I've ever met a European soccer fan who has complained about it.

If they found different ways to put it on uniforms it'd be ingenious. Since every single team they supply has it on their sleeves it seems overbearing. And I'd prefer they use designs like they do in NCAA soccer because the same template looks much better without those stripes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And the wait continues....

post-19890-Cartman-pacing-come-on-come-o

I actually LOL'D!

New Greece Shirt?

grease-costume-t-birds-child-t-shirt-80.

That is just silly and not funny in the slightest.

That's odd. I actually LOL'd.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

:censored: 's going to go down if Teal doesn't like Greece's uniform when they reveal it.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived