NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was looking up sky blue Chicago Bulls hats to buy when I stumbled on this hat. It says its for the Oklahoma City Redhawks(Minor League Baseball team and i believe they are the Dodgers now) but when I saw it I immediately said to myself this would be 100% better than OKC Thunder's logo. Has anyone else seen this? Sorry if late

img_2981.jpg

Edit: Found a 2nd version.

Oklahoma%20City%20RedHawks%20New%20Era%2

It looks like it says COK

Which is not a word.

It does however makeouf OKC...because you know that exactly what it is.

OKC isn't a word either, what's your point?

My point is you know exactly what it stands for. You didn't sit there and stare at your computer thinking "hmm, what does COK stand for?!"

Nor did I say I did. I said it looks like COK. And I stand by that. Just like I can't see the Sonics 90s logo and not think "that looks like it says SON CS (pronounced 'son-sees' or possibly 'sonks'). I know very well that it's intended to read 'SONICS,' just as I know full well that this meant to read 'OKC.'

Why are you so touchy?

Was looking up sky blue Chicago Bulls hats to buy when I stumbled on this hat. It says its for the Oklahoma City Redhawks(Minor League Baseball team and i believe they are the Dodgers now) but when I saw it I immediately said to myself this would be 100% better than OKC Thunder's logo. Has anyone else seen this? Sorry if late

img_2981.jpg

Edit: Found a 2nd version.

Oklahoma%20City%20RedHawks%20New%20Era%2

It looks like it says COK

Which is not a word.

It does however makeouf OKC...because you know that exactly what it is.

OKC isn't a word either, what's your point?

My point is you know exactly what it stands for. You didn't sit there and stare at your computer thinking "hmm, what does COK stand for?!"

Nor did I say I did. I said it looks like COK. And I stand by that. Just like I can't see the Sonics 90s logo and not think "that looks like it says SON CS (pronounced 'son-sees' or possibly 'sonks'). I know very well that it's intended to read 'SONICS,' just as I know full well that this meant to read 'OKC.'

Why are you so touchy?

I didn't realize responding to your post, and then responding again, to a question you asked me, makes me touchy. I'll keep that in mind anytime anyone differs in opinion and asks questions. If I defend my point I'm being a little bitch, obviously.

S-A-R-C-A-S-M

The Cavs been giving away one navy alternate jersey a week all season on social media. When this week's giveaway was announced today, I asked when they plan to start wearing them again (the players haven't worn them since opening night). I was told that the navy alts will return to the court when the jerseys hit retail in February.

So, if you're wondering where they've been, there you go.

Lol Rolltribe..

Latter note looking at the page from Adidas catalog(will try to upload). We still have yet to see or hear anything about the Warriors, Suns and Heat's Pride Jersey. (Hawks was the other but canceled theirs this year)

Bsmq_wBIgAAhs6K.jpg

To your point, the only info on the Heat Pride uni is this leak of the shorts:

Bz7UWktCMAAzNaV.png

Absolutely nothing on the Suns and Warriors Pride unis though. Makes me think maybe they were cancelled too?

The Bulls haven't worn the pinstripes yet, either, as far as I know.

It looks nice in a vacuum, but why is the C bigger if it represents OKC?

Think of the OK as one letter representing the "Oklahoma" in "Oklahoma City" and then it kind of takes the form of a traditional two-letter baseball monogram (duogram?). Kind of like how IJ is one letter in Dutch. I'm reaching here, I know.
Not familiar with the IJ or Dutch conventions, but for whatever reason that made sense to me and the logo looks more balanced to me now... height equaling width and vice versa. The classic USC baseball logo came to mind... even though it's two letters.

Or maybe now the C looks right and the OK looks squeezed. :)

Lol Rolltribe..

Latter note looking at the page from Adidas catalog(will try to upload). We still have yet to see or hear anything about the Warriors, Suns and Heat's Pride Jersey. (Hawks was the other but canceled theirs this year)

Bsmq_wBIgAAhs6K.jpg

To your point, the only info on the Heat Pride uni is this leak of the shorts:

Bz7UWktCMAAzNaV.png

Absolutely nothing on the Suns and Warriors Pride unis though. Makes me think maybe they were cancelled too?

Thanks Conrad..as always. Couldn't upload the pic for the life of me.

Still nothing on those Bulls pinstripes either. Guess they still have post-All star break to debut them.

shado_logo.gif

Lol Rolltribe..

The Warriors pride is rumored to be a Chinese new year jersey. If so it won't be needed for another month.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

These feel very 2005 Adidas for some reason, especially the shorts. Regardless, they are pretty awful. The NBA has had a super awesome time taking the Heat, a 4 color team, and turning them into 2 color team, usually black and white. Less is more apparently.

Archived