- the color brown is not outlawed in the NFL

====

Ok - so how to "fix" them (just an opinion):

1. 100% Burnt Orange helmet, including facemask, no stripes

2. Uni #1 - White top, brown numbers, burnt orange pants

3. Uni #2 - Burnt orange top, white numbers, brown pants

4. Uni #3 (alt) - Brown top, white numbers, white pants trimmed in burnt orange

5. Star Trek-style font, just for the modern touch

6. No logo on helmet, but come up with a new primary logo, like a futuristic "B" or something

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love those brown pants. And as much as they have been used the last 2 seasons, I think you better get use to them!!!

Oh, I sincerly doubt it. What ever they end up getting next year, Nike won't let plain brown pants slide by. I'm sure they'll have a brown pants option, but they will have a logo on the hip, partial stripes... something. And it'll be just as ugly, but in a totally different way.

Love those brown pants. And as much as they have been used the last 2 seasons, I think you better get use to them!!!

Oh, I sincerly doubt it. What ever they end up getting next year, Nike won't let plain brown pants slide by. I'm sure they'll have a brown pants option, but they will have a logo on the hip, partial stripes... something. And it'll be just as ugly, but in a totally different way.

Two words: "Butt words"

I really, really hope the Browns stop wearing those crappy brown pants this year. It's the last season for the foreseeable future that they're going to look good. Next year, they'll either be wearing ultra modern Nike FootballTM disasters or stripped down, Nike Gridiron LegacyTM messes which pay tribute to their past by changing the shades of colors they use and wearing elements the team has never worn. Either way they'll have a terrible custom font with random awkward serifs that is meant to represent the hard-nosed, blue collar history of solid defense and a bruising rushing attack.

I wish we could just get see Browns dressing like the Browns for the rest of the season. Yes, they need an actual primary logo, but the only change they need to make to the uniforms is bringing back the brown striped socks and permanently eliminating brown pants. Going back to white facemasks or bringing back the '80s-'90s brown stripes would be gravy, but not necessary. I could take or leave the orange pants. There's not a damn thing wrong with their uniforms now. Any cries for them to change come from either: 1) "haha, poop color!!"; 2) people who think changing uniforms will help them win, because changing to Nueveau-Nike will make their players more talented and make Josh Gordon stop getting high; and 3) modern fanboys who fap to the Nike product catalogue, who think all things should be modern just because, and have such short attention spans that they get tired of seeing the same look ten times a season.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I wish we could just get see Browns dressing like the Browns for the rest of the season

Yes, they've looked like crap for 60 years. Might as well add one more year to the tally!

My guess is the Browns are going to look an awful lot like OK State in 2015. Likely Brown, White and Orange jersey options. With Orange, white and GREY pant options. Flat Orange helmet with grey facemask. Modern (finally) for a franchise who has been sitting in idle for decades.

My guess is the Browns are going to look an awful lot like OK State in 2015. Likely Brown, White and Orange jersey options. With Orange, white and GREY pant options. Flat Orange helmet with grey facemask. Modern (finally) for a franchise who has been sitting in idle for decades.

Right. Like I said, they'll look terrible.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Brian_Sipe_best(1).JPGbernie_kosar_1990_09_01.jpg

Perfect football uniforms right here. If the Browns are gonna be bad (and they will), at least look classic while being bad. It's what inspires a sliver of hope in the Raiders: they're dressing as if they plan to be good. The Jaguars, a team like that won't be any good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I really like the browns uniforms. Stripeleas brown pants and all. I love the all white as well. Grey facemask too. I think a slight okst type upgrade could work and maybe a nice custom number font (not like the bucs). Don't wanna see this set go away.

That's a pretty lousy wordmark for an endzone. I think it'd look better just being natural with colored letters. I don't think either color looks good as an end zone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived