New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

The fact that Reebok and Nike redesigns look rather different illustrates though that these companies do have a sizeable impact on the changes.

The obvious issue here is the fact that a considerable amount of time has passed since Reebok got the contract and Nike got the contract. The uniform trends in sports have changed and it doesn't really have that much to do with Nike or Reebok. Under Armour is doing it, Adidas is doing it, etc. It's not all one company, the designers in general have influenced the world.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was said in the article, I believe, that there will be 3 jerseys... I'm assuming they will be brown, white, and the return of orange, but who knows... We could see gray...

I am hoping the 2 different pants are white and orange....if they bring back the brown pants I hope they have stripes.

spacer.png

The fact that Reebok and Nike redesigns look rather different illustrates though that these companies do have a sizeable impact on the changes.

I think design trends of the time have a major influence as well. During Reebok's time, piping and panels were in. If Nike had the rights back then, we probably would have seen NFL teams adopt uniforms similar to mid-2000's Virginia Tech, Miami, Mizzou, etc. By the time Nike took over, sublimation, neon colors, custom number fonts and unique striping patterns had become trendy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I hate when teams modernize for the sake of doing so. It's like they're pressured to change for no reason. It shouldn't be that way.

Because no one wants to play for a team with older traditional uniforms!

I would definitely rethink that comment.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I hate when teams modernize for the sake of doing so. It's like they're pressured to change for no reason. It shouldn't be that way.

Because no one wants to play for a team with older traditional uniforms!

I would definitely rethink that comment.

It's sarcasm.

How this could go wrong:

• Horrifying numerals that have some sort of futuristic nonsense
  • A desaturated shade of orange
  • Leviathan-like suit-coat collar
  • Design elements for the sake of design elements (argyle patterned numerals, or half-matte helmet, random gunmetal grey piping, etc.)

If Cleveland wants to win, I think they use Texas A&M as a template. There's a lot of modern features that, in my opinion, came together as well as it could've (in the context of Nike's typical goofiness).

edit: Not including this particular uniform, mind you.

If you really think about it, you know it's going to go wrong no matter what. How could it go wrong? If you have a :censored:ty owner who wants to "shake things up" unnecessarily to distract the fans from the constant organizational failure, looking to make a big splash, who gives the keys to Nike for them to show him what kids these days like.

You know we're getting some crappy contrived font, likely with some sort of silly pattern. You know they're going to mess with the shades of orange on the helmet, and it will match nothing else under any lighting condition, just like with Illinois' new orange helmets. You know we're getting a crappy mix of chrome elements and matte elements. You know they're likely going to go with the clown stripes like OSU's alt helmet. And you know they're probably going to throw gray into the scheme just because. They're going to mess it up because nothing substantial needs to be fixed. Come up with an actual logo, but don't put it on the uniforms anywhere. Bring back the brown striped socks. Maybe bring back the orange pants. That's it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Its looking like they are probably going to have orange and white pants. I find that a little disappointing. I think the browns pants had a lot of potential... especially with the right jersey match up. I have hope that they are going to do white and brown pants to make the uniforms symmetrical, but the column from Grossi said that they went with light, dark, and alternate... which makes me think its not an orange jersey, but a gray/copper jersey. I highly doubt that Nike is going to let the Browns go without having some sort of major addition of orange in the kit.

I would agree, we are going to get some sort of custom font with a BS explanation for its inspiration. I'm OK with addition of gray/copper... but I honestly don't think its going to be over the top modernization. The only reason I say that is because GM Ray Farmer and HC Mike Pettine were in the consultation meetings. I feel like those guys have a grasp on the fan base.

The fact that Reebok and Nike redesigns look rather different illustrates though that these companies do have a sizeable impact on the changes. Of course they can't force them onto a team but they will ultimately come up with proposals based on their own distinctive design language.

Actually 99% of the time the TEAM gives the apparel provider the proposal. The apparel company will use their own "distinctive design language" to adhere to the provided brief.

Its looking like they are probably going to have orange and white pants. I find that a little disappointing. I think the browns pants had a lot of potential... especially with the right jersey match up. I have hope that they are going to do white and brown pants to make the uniforms symmetrical, but the column from Grossi said that they went with light, dark, and alternate... which makes me think its not an orange jersey, but a gray/copper jersey.

I would love to see 3x3 9 combinations of white/orange/brown jerseys and pants. Let the mix and match be the innovation instead of Tampa Bay gimmicks. Adding gray will be a disaster like Buffalo's nickel. I'm not optimistic

Its looking like they are probably going to have orange and white pants. I find that a little disappointing. I think the browns pants had a lot of potential... especially with the right jersey match up. I have hope that they are going to do white and brown pants to make the uniforms symmetrical, but the column from Grossi said that they went with light, dark, and alternate... which makes me think its not an orange jersey, but a gray/copper jersey.

I would love to see 3x3 9 combinations of white/orange/brown jerseys and pants. Let the mix and match be the innovation instead of Tampa Bay gimmicks. Adding gray will be a disaster like Buffalo's nickel. I'm not optimistic

Yeah. I wouldnt mind seeing Orange/Brown/White as the standard at home and Orange/White/Brown as the standard on the road. I would like to see the orange pants worn against divisional opponents, only... both on the road and at home. The 3rd jersey would strictly be worn on a limited basis, maybe once or twice a year or on like a "Fan Appreciation Day" where they then give away the jerseys.

I disagree with the additional of gray/nickle/copper. I only say that because Oregon State and Oklahoma State both have similar color pallets to the Browns and both of those uniforms really benefited from the addition of the alternate color.

I don't think adding the nickel was the problem for the Bills... it was just the way they added it. If they dropped royal or kept it logo-only at least, their color scheme would have been basically the same as the Patriots. That helmet stripe was such a mess.

BuffaloBills_FRC_2010_SCC_SRGB.png

NewEnglandPatriots_FRC_2009_SCC_SRGB.png

No chrome please.

I hear ya. But the Browns have worn gray facemasks for a while now. If they (helmet company) could tone it down a bit, it would look like a pretty fresh modern take on their iconic lids.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

For as much as Nike hacked up the Yucks and Jaguars, they really hit it out of the park with the Vikings.

What I wouldn't do for a Vikings-type do-over for the Bucs.

Tampa-Jacked!

Tampa-jacked in a thread about a Cleveland team…Usually it's the other way around.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I bet you could measure a significant decrease in Cleve-jacking following LeBron's return. Although I think plenty of Browns/Indians fans who don't follow the NBA (or in my case are bigger fans of another NBA team) will continue to Clevejack and complain!

Archived