2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

They should start with that flag when finally replacing their terrible 90s logo, though.

While the Revolution's current logo definitely needs to be replaced, here's hoping that the flag of New England is forever limited to a secondary or tertiary role in the team's branding package. Anything more than said flag's current size and placement above the player name on the back of the jersey - or, perhaps, as a "jock tag" feature similar to the maple leaf on the recently-leaked Toronto FC 2015 jerseys - would strike me as overkill.

For what it's worth, I've loved this design for a New England Revolution badge update since the first time I saw it.

new-england-revolution.gif

Clean. Traditional with a modern flair. I like the way that the six star-shaped panels on the ball pay homage to the six New England states. The wordmark font speaks to the Revolutionary War era without being as cloying as the Revolution's current wordmark. Maybe - maybe - you could have the banner/ribbon element on which "New England Revolution" is written wrap back around from left to right over the bottom of the shield (though, thinner) and contain "est. 1996". Still, that could be overkill. The badge is damned beautiful as is.

That's all that the New England Revolution identity needs in my estimation. Nothing more. No dropping of the New England place-name. No swapping-out New England for Boston, even if the franchise someday relocates to a soccer-specific stadium closer to the city. No poseur's solution such as switching to Revolution 1776 or Revolution FC. No wholesale changing of the team's identity. Simply wed the New England Revolution name and the current color scheme to a well-designed badge and be done with it.

In the concepts forum about a year ago, Berlin Wall did a great MLS redesign and incorporated green into the Revs look. It's a lot of colours, but when done tastefully, it actually looks great.

25i6wk8.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly there was an actual leak and the Twitter account tweeted that photo out because the guy has a sense of humor? Idk, it's a bit of a mess, and I doubt we'll know for sure until sometime tomorrow.

I'm sure most have seen it already, but Orange County Blues FC updated their crest for 2015 after last year's was universally panned:

8693_orange_county__blues_fc-primary-201

For reference, here's the old one:

2554_orange_county__blues_fc-primary-201

Granted it's an upgrade, but most things would be an upgrade to that horrendous thing. It still has the gradients and the palm trees are still too detailed. I will give it this: the font is miles better, and the greater inclusion of orange is welcome as well (if you're going to have two colors in your name you might as well have both of them in your logo). It's a step in the right direction for sure, but it's still a good ways away.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

That Lyon home kit is essentially a color swap of the red away they had last season. Huh.

Wow, that's right, I haven't notice this.They should go back to this anyway:

Lyon_Karim_Benzema_826913.jpg

Servette Genève got some nice anniversary kits:

servette-fc-2015-kit-3.jpg?02382d

servette-fc-2015-kit-1.jpg?02382d

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived