2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love the Sens' heritage fauxbacks alternates, but they'd look better with regular white in place of vintage white.

1297545545069_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Was a beautiful match up. I'd love to see the Sens use that as a full time set and finally ditch the cookie cutter garbage. If they must keep it, I'd even be OK keeping the cookie cutter an as alternate.

This would be a big improvement from their current look. I know there are people that despise the cream color but I think it would be really cool to see one team in the NHL wear a non-white road jersey for a change. If they made the cream white instead, that would probably be more popular and it would be just as good. Don't get me wrong, =O= this as a logo is extremely boring compared to the Roman theme and logos but as the main look for a few years, it isn't that bad. As much as I really like the Heritage jerseys, the Senators' original uniforms in my opinion are the best jerseys they have worn.

Sharks twitter confirms they will be wearing the black jerseys for the playoffs again. I thought the whole point of the redesign was to make their teal jerseys the same lightweight that the black jersey was...

Joe+Thornton+Vancouver+Canucks+v+San+Jos

The combination of blue and green dye makes the teal fabric weigh 0.012836% more than the black jersey. #competitiveadvantage #StanleyCupHereWeCome

Ahahahaaha, that comment about the weight made my day! Here's my thought about the Sharks going with black in the playoffs. The Sharks since day one have been known for being that one team that wears teal. They wanted their main jerseys to be "more lightweight" and that's what they just did. I'm really scratching my head because they should be in teal and if I remember correctly, they made their new jerseys lighter so that they would actually wear teal in the playoffs again. I also still don't get why they continue to have those awful front numbers. Anyway, if the Sharks really love their black jersey that much, I don't get why they didn't just make a white version of it. I know I will probably get flack for this but I think that they should have just made a white version of the black jersey. That way, they wouldn't look like a bunch of identities put together to cater to everyone and I honestly think that would look a lot better than their new road jersey. The full-shark is a lot better in my mind that the 'Sharkachu' logo on their main jerseys.

But then, since it is the Sharks, they would make the Teal a third jersey and elect to wear that in the playoffs instead of the black home jersey.

Just remember the two hard-and-fast rules about the San Jose Sharks:

1. Black jerseys are for Thursday home games and playoff home games

2. Stanley Cup Final appearances are for any of the other 15 teams in the postseason.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just remember the two hard-and-fast rules about the San Jose Sharks:

1. Black jerseys are for Thursday home games and playoff home games

2. Stanley Cup Final appearances are for any of the other 15 teams in the postseason.

Sharks for the Stanley Cup... Let's play the 'Where the heck will they place the patch?' game!

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Taint.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They call themselves Teal Town and this is like the fourth year in a row they've chose not to wear teal in the playoffs.

It's like that time when the Raptors asked their fans to wear red in the playoffs and the New Jerseys responded by wearing their red alternate uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Apparently the Sharks have been wearing their Black thirds for home playoff games the last few seasons because it was made of a newer, lighter material than the old teal sweaters. With the update to their home and road sweaters to the same material as the black thirds, the Sharks will hopefully (dare I say likely) wear their home teal sweaters for this season's home playoff games.

Just tweeted the Sharks twitter to ask this. So I'll let you know, if and what I hear back.

We've already heard from the Sharks that they'll be wearing the black jerseys at home.

Really? I've been searching and searching and haven't found anything that states that. It's not unusually though that I'm the last to know things... :)

How are you handling the news that you're among the NHL's Best Fans? (It's official.) IDid you celebrate at all? I would.

Sharks fans are? If so, I think my internet is broken.

Edit: Just found the mercury news article about Sharks wearing black for playoff home games. Oops read that as the Sharks are the best fans in the NHL.

Archived