2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Seeing the de-evolution of the Roman look over 20 years

You mean evolution, given that the current 3-D is better than any of the others they've had.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

304596_10.jpg.opt404x594o0,0s404x594.jpg

1194994263582955302add.svg.med.png

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.gif

EDIT: Can one of our AMAZING jersey change artists actually mock this up? With the current shoulder patches.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

ooo i like these

Those are nice, but the white jersey is essentially Edmonton's uniform. If we are going to complain about some teams looking too similar to other teams, this can't be an exception.

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.gif

EDIT: Can one of our AMAZING jersey change artists actually mock this up? With the current shoulder patches.

This should have happened 7 years ago.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

ooo i like these

Those are nice, but the white jersey is essentially Edmonton's uniform. If we are going to complain about some teams looking too similar to other teams, this can't be an exception.

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.gif

if you think that looks like edmonton you are blind

ooo i like these

if you think that looks like edmonton you are blind

Really? The sleeve and hem stripes, the circular logo, and the blue yoke look nothing like Edmonton?

Do you know what Edmonton's white uniform looks like?

EDMAWAYF.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ottawa_senators_alternate_logo_2007-pres

I did something like this over a year ago and had it on the boards. I replaced the white with gold though because I wanted to have an actual presence of gold in a Senators sweater for the first time ever, besides that one alternate in 2000.

Ottawa+Senators.png

/shamelessplug

I think you quoted the wrong pic orgo :upside:

But in response to WSU, the jets wore that very same white sweater in their WHA days, before the original version of the Oilers away sweater came along. Also, the colours along with the grey make it different enough that my mind doesn't go right to the Oilers sweater.

the jets wore that very same white sweater in their WHA days.

I don't recall the Thrashers ever being part of the WHA.

It's late okay :P, but rights to it or not, the new Jets share a sort of bond with the original Jets, so using the old jets template would make sense to me, even if it now looks like other teams sweaters.

Ottawa_senators_alternate_logo_2007-pres

I did something like this over a year ago and had it on the boards. I replaced the white with gold though because I wanted to have an actual presence of gold in a Senators sweater for the first time ever, besides that one alternate in 2000.

Ottawa+Senators.png

/shamelessplug

That design was actually on my shortlist for "Best Hockey Concept" for the 2014 Creamer Awards until the formatting of the awards was changed to simply "individual" concept. /justfyi

I was going to ask this in the Stadium Series thread but I believe that thread hasn't been used in a very long time and I would assume it is probably deleted now so I'll ask here instead. Anyway, out of all the teams that played outdoors this season, are any of those teams going to wear their outdoor jerseys again this season?

Ducks: Probably not.

Blackhawks: Definitely not.

Red Wings: Definitely not.

Kings: Probably not.

Devils: Definitely not.

Islanders: Already did.

Rangers: Already did.

Senators: Already did.

Penguins: Probably not.

Maple Leafs: Already did.

Canucks: Probably not.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So I wasn't completely wrong! :D

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived