2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

My issue with the Avs logo is that it doesn't look like a mountain to me. All I've seen with this logo ever is an A with snow coming from no-where along with a puck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW21lp833Vo&feature=youtu.be&t=256

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My issue with the Avs logo is that it doesn't look like a mountain to me. All I've seen with this logo ever is an A with snow coming from no-where along with a puck.

It's a logo, not an anatomical illustration.

It's a logo, not an anatomical illustration.

:blink:

I don't even wanna know what you think it's supposed to represent. :P

(The following is posted as personal opinion and not as a moderator statement.)

Yeah, so have we beaten that into the ground yet? Goth and Ice hate all modern things, and Morgo hates everyone. Can we talk about something else now?

:P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, so have we beaten that into the ground yet? Goth and Ice hate all modern things, and Morgo hates everyone. Can we talk about something else now?

It's good to see mods not letting disagreements "get personal..." Now I really want to know what 'oddball' said.

The Av's logo isn't terrible, but I don't think it would hurt to give it an update.

The problem is, I have yet to see an update or re-hash that looks better. Including my own attempts.

All of the prototype logos back in 1995 all look worse too. They picked the best logo.

Kind of off topic but seeing CCM make Arizona State's hockey jerseys gives me hope for the NHL in a few years.

That would be cool to see CCM making the jerseys instead of Adidas. Or at least putting the CCM templates into place instead of creating new Adidas ones.

Kind of off topic but seeing CCM make Arizona State's hockey jerseys gives me hope for the NHL in a few years.

That would be cool to see CCM making the jerseys instead of Adidas. Or at least putting the CCM templates into place instead of creating new Adidas ones.

CCM, Adidas, and Reebok all exist under the same corporate umbrella.

I don't expect much to change because of that. We may get one or two teams using the changeover in branding as an opportunity for redesigns. All in all though? I think the most notable change will be the triple stripes on practice jerseys. Templates, materials, and cuts? They'll probably remain unchanged.

It's just a recolored Blackhawks template, and adidas/Reebok has used CCM branding in every North American league except the NHL for a couple seasons now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

ASU's jerseys are Reebok Edge jerseys with CCM branding. I'm pretty sure that all CCM jerseys nowadays are Reebok Edge jerseys with CCM branding.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived