2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not talking about 2 minutes of lovemaking and you roll over and fall asleep. No. I'm talking about hours of non-stop love making that transcends the human body into a spiritual world that only exists on a higher plane..

Sorry, not familiar.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Every logo is a product of its time, without exception. Every logo carries some sort of trend and has elements unique to the time in which it was introduced.

The only debate is how much do we mind those elements? Apparently we didn't mind the 90s elements of the Avs logos until a couple weeks ago, and all of a sudden people can't stand them.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm not talking about 2 minutes of lovemaking and you roll over and fall asleep. No. I'm talking about hours of non-stop love making that transcends the human body into a spiritual world that only exists on a higher plane..

Sorry, not familiar.

I was not going to be the first one to speak up.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

For anyone to say this is a whitewash attempt is going a bit too far. With this argument, should the Penguins keep their current Reebok crap because they won a Cup in it?

Hardly a title you could apply to the Avalanche' mountain range jerseys.

I am one of those people, probably a minority that hate the mountain range jerseys. I find them really ugly and clunky. Never liked them personally.

what's with the hate for the avs logo, it looks great, always has. who in their right mind would prefer this generic piece of crap C they just ripped off a flag over their classic logo?

I don't think it is as generic as you say it is. The logo has historic ties and it merges the Rockies, the Avalanche, and the state flag together. I don't think their current logo is bad. I just happen to like the new one better. I like the look of it. It's simple and I like how it pays tribute to multiple things.

Is the Avalanche logo really that unpopular??

I think it's fantastic and I thought that was the general opinion of it...

I think it is a little too busy like the average mid-90's logo but it isn't terrible. I have never been a huge fan of any Avalanche jersey, and I have never been a huge fan of the Avs' logo either. I think I could have a change of heart if their logo was on the right jersey but so far, I have yet to see a jersey where I've seen their logo and thought wow, this looks great.

It's very generic, take the C logo and show it someone and most won't know what it is, it's just a a C with a circle in it, no character or anything to it, just a plain boring C. Their current logo is fine, an A representing a mountain with an avalanche coming down and a hockey puck, must be a hockey team called the avalanche. And there is no point in merging the avs with the rockies, two different teams that have no historical connection with each other outside of where they played. Heck at this point why don't we all just take the state/city flags for every team and make it their new logo, since it has "historical ties". They're the colorado avalanche, not the colorado colorado.

Every logo is a product of its time, without exception. Every logo carries some sort of trend and has elements unique to the time in which it was introduced.

The only debate is how much do we mind those elements? Apparently we didn't mind the 90s elements of the Avs logos until a couple weeks ago, and all of a sudden people can't stand them.

It was something I began to notice a few years back. It really stood out to me once the team introduced viable alternatives.

Apparently we didn't mind the 90s elements of the Avs logos until a couple weeks ago, and all of a sudden people can't stand them.

All three of you :rolleyes:.

Cream Soda, your simplified logo is a nice effort but unfortunately, a downgrade from the original. It's not an overly complex logo to begin with, certainly no more complicated than the Red Wings or Blackhawks.

I don't get the hate for the Avs primary logo. I think it perfectly visualizes the team name without being super retro or super modern or cartoony.

Yes, but unfortunately the franchise it represents today, the crappy team and poor design choices, have made it easy to pick on.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Has nothing to do with the franchise, their lack of success, and their choices.

When they were first hoisting the Cup, I was watching the game in a bar in the West Village. My initial reaction was "Good for Denver." My second reaction was "Man, that really is a :censored: ty logo." Of course, my companion barely noticed the logo, but I'm sure we're all used to that by now. :P

The Avalanche identity likely kickstarted my obsession with hockey uniforms. I was in grade 5 at the time, and one of my friends showed up to school in a white CMM replica, brand new. At the time, I thought it was the best looking uniform I'd ever seen. The tricoloured collars, the creative 'mountain range' striping, the fresh colours, the shimmering silver 'Yeti Feet' that jumped out you... And yes, the primary logo that represented the namesake perfectly. As soon as I saw my friend with that jersey, I had to have it.

Tried my hand at a quick version of a "simplified" Avs logo.

nDUYCEj.png

You're onto something here.

But it needs the circle back or something else to put behind it. It looks incomplete without the circle. But the increased simplicity and the reformed curves are a very nice upgrade.

AHL note: The Manitoba Moose brought their antler font back, but since the numbers on the white jersey are in the same colorway as the Jets (2-layer, navy on royal), the end result is a mess. If they just made the numbers 3-layer with white in the middle, they'd look fine.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived