2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

For anyone to say this is a whitewash attempt is going a bit too far. With this argument, should the Penguins keep their current Reebok crap because they won a Cup in it?

No, the Penguins should switch back to the uniforms they won two cups in. In their case it's not even the two cups outnumbering one, it's the fact that their current jersey is among the worst in league. Hardly a title you could apply to the Avalanche' mountain range jerseys.

What about the Kings? Their jerseys are nothing special either. Nowhere near as bad as Pittsburgh but they have won two Cups with it so far. Should the Kings keep their current look forever too?

They're not special but they're not awful either. But yeah, two cups in the last 4 years... Kind of hard to justify changing that look now, outside small tweaks.

I would never want to see the Canucks switch to that jersey cause the Millionaires won a Stanley Cup. What I'm saying is that just because a team wins the Stanley Cup with a certain uniform, doesn't mean it should be kept, at least in my personal opinion.

Me neither but the Millionaires were a completely different team.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nashville announced earlier this summer that they'd be wearing yellow helmets for select games and here's a good pic of what that would look like.

CQLQNsBWcAALvqB.png

Ugliest thing I've seen in awhile. Yellow should never be a helmet color in hockey.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

it throws the color balance completely off, and they need to drop that dumb yellow stripe on the pants too.

They both completely ruin the look. The pants stripe should be the continuation of the double white stripe on the jersey.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

While I still think Navy helmets are superior all around, the big problem with the yellow helmets is that they don't match the jersey colour. The preds wear a darker "gold" and the bright yellow helmets just clash. It would be like if the Coyotes wore bright red helmets with their brick coloured unis.

It's not at all unreasonable to think making a switch to this look, full time, would be an encroachment on their identity and history.

You claimed such a switch would whitewash two previous Cup victories from history. Next time start with the reasonable argument instead of working your way down to it from the crazy one.

Also really struggling to find the current logo's resemblance to an objectionable body part.

I was referring to the Yeti foot alternate mark.

Or the two soft drink products you mentioned...

UcO0YdF.jpgqwzc60E.jpg

Try these ones ;)

380px-Mountain_Dew_logo_90s_svg_zpswatsd

Untitled_5_zpskwhy58i3.png

Exact matches? Nah. They do remind me of the Avs primary, though.

I still think your opinion about the Avs' logo is the most wrong you've ever been, Cap. ;)

Well I've got a track record to think of! :D

It could be the logo for "Avalanche Tasty Freeze", but I don't think that automatically means it's a bad thing.

The Capitals logo could be for a regional insurance provider. The Bruins logo could be for a trucking company. The Lightning logo could be for a brand of ski goggles. The Panthers logo could be on Thundercats.

Things look like other things. The Avalanche logo depicts an avalanche and the letters of the team, though I've always thought the C could be a tad more defined, and the sport they play. It's pretty good if you ask me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Has anyone on these boards made or seen a mock up of the Av's logo without the oval?

Untitled.png

That logo is rendered awfully.

And it looks much worse without the oval.

And the original looks NOTHING like a mtn dew logo or a polar freeze logo.... That is ridiculous.

You're right that it's worse without the oval. But it's not much good with it, either.

Meh, I really don't see any issues with the oval or the logo in general.

Are they my favorite team? Yes. Since 1995.

Is it my favorite logo? No. Not in the top 10 of the NHL.

Does it need to be changed? No, absolutely not.

Archived