2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

The one thing the Avs have never gotten right is outlines.

242_special_feature_flash.jpg

That just looks bad. I love the font, but having two outlines (especially a silver one paired with white numbers) is damn near illegible.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that Preds jersey has so much potential, just really need to jettison all the stupid apron strings and whatever the hell you want to call the unnecessary color swaths on the shoulders

I like the jersey, i hate the pants with that stupid yellow stripe and mismatched socks on the white uni.

Well, this is UNinspiring:

https://www.vegaswantshockey.com/news-detail?recordNum=30

• Foley no longer views his long-stated goal of the team beginning play in the 2016-2017 season as feasible. He said, “It’s got to be ’17-18 right now. We can’t get ready for ’16 in time.”

• Foley expanded on plans to hold a fan vote to name the team. Everyone who purchases season tickets will be extended the opportunity to submit a name of their choice. “And we’re going to take the top 10 or so to the league and say, ‘Can we use these teams?’” Foley explained. He said the league would whittle down the choices before a final decision was made. Foley is set on the team colors — black, gold and gray — as well as using Las Vegas instead of Nevada in the name.

Pssst... it's yellow.

DO NOT DENOUNCE PREDATOR GOLD0713-nsh-newhome.jpg

However in this case it seems the Preds struck yellow, not gold.

You can't argue with a sign that big.

Yeah, I prefer the darker, purpler burgundy. It's a good color scheme. I wouldn't mind the Nuggets adopting it, maybe instead with slate blue as the base for continuity with always being a blue team.

Eh. I think the Nuggets are approaching Padres/White Sox territory in terms of changing looks. I think they'd be best served to just roll with what they have and scale back the navy, but we know that won't happen. As for the Avs' scheme on them, I'm not a fan. It's too close to their horrible, painfully dreary '90s look. The lighter blue does make a big difference, though.

One thing I loved about the Avalanche's jerseys back in the day was that they were on a slightly shiny mesh material. I don't think any other teams used the same material as they did, but it really set them apart and seemed to make the colors more vibrant. I know the New York Knicks did the same thing in the '90s, using a shinier mesh with smaller holes while the rest of the league used the same materials. The Knicks jersey material actually looked similar to the Champion replica jerseys of the day.

Yes indeed - that was a Starter thing. I think the shiny mesh went away when the Avs went to ProPlayer in 1999-00.

The 1999-2000 ProPlayers were also mesh. The Avs didn't move to AirKnit until the next season when the entire league was supplied by CCM / KOHO.

I swear if another team uses yellow, black and white as their only colours besides the Bruins and Pens I am going to flip out. Thanks Las Vegas for using one of the least creative colour combos in the NHL.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

If the Dolts win the Cup in their current trash, they'll never change.

Well, not for the next four years at least.

As for Vegas, I still see the whole project falling flat on it's face in the final stretch. Seattle and Quebec have also showed different levels of commitment to getting an NHL team, and probably one's the second expansion team and the other's the fallback plan for Vegas.

Well at least one good thing came out of the Flames loss in 2004... Those uniforms are so superior to what they wear now its laughable. Any team that changes their look 4 years after a championship clearly doesn't get it.

Seattle and Quebec have also showed different levels of commitment to getting an NHL team

That's diplomatic. In a related story, Kate Upton and Susan Boyle have different levels of hotness.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

well as using Las Vegas instead of Nevada in the name.

Thank Christ. Las Vegas Black Knights does sound kinda cool. But lets hope the NHL relocates a team there instead of expansion.

The league won't get the insane expansion fee if it's a relocation. That is, despite what so many people want, why it won't happen. Atlanta was an exception, but I don't think it will happen again.

Archived