2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I think the Dallas set is similar enough to avoid being called a mismatch. On another note, Atlanta's edge set was an absolute eyesore.

I loved that first powder blue jersey. Ridiculous, but awesome.

+1

The 97-99 Stars (second photo) had absolutely different home and roads, with the introduction of the star sweater.

And I agree fully about Atlanta. They were one of my favourite looks in the league before the edge takeover, but they really didn't translate well.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible that the Caps just ditch their standard away white uniform and use the throwback whites, full time? And yet still keep the usual home reds. Me and a buddy were discussing this a few months ago before the playoffs. And now, after they wore the throwback whites for the entire playoffs, it does seem at least plausible. Fingers crossed, because the standard away white uni's stink.

Has any team ever had blatantly different designs on a home and away uniform?

The Caps have done that before, I mean just off the top of my head.

hentv0sfffa10hv6oyhg63dvn.gif4mhwalzg6chhl945x8xd5d8eb.gif

lb10yb4oszqigldhsihenoaug.gifzbo3t804zqs7oduyl7w9ghifo.gif

cuaelavegs90ovgym2he.gift48p8pdnlg74ah7pixte.gif

aboecvsx8pishsh3d1o1zisfg.gifrpb7pohmzsizochhl9viaiyxu.gif

The Blackhawks really don't have different stripeing on each uniform.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Is it possible that the Caps just ditch their standard away white uniform and use the throwback whites, full time? And yet still keep the usual home reds. Me and a buddy were discussing this a few months ago before the playoffs. And now, after they wore the throwback whites for the entire playoffs, it does seem at least plausible. Fingers crossed, because the standard away white uni's stink.

Has any team ever had blatantly different designs on a home and away uniform?

The Caps have done that before, I mean just off the top of my head.

hentv0sfffa10hv6oyhg63dvn.gif4mhwalzg6chhl945x8xd5d8eb.gif

lb10yb4oszqigldhsihenoaug.gifzbo3t804zqs7oduyl7w9ghifo.gif

cuaelavegs90ovgym2he.gift48p8pdnlg74ah7pixte.gif

aboecvsx8pishsh3d1o1zisfg.gifrpb7pohmzsizochhl9viaiyxu.gif

The Blackhawks really don't have different stripeing on each uniform.

I'd say it's different enough, especially in regards to hemstriping. It's not a drastic change, but its not a simple colour inversion of the jersey like most teams do either.

I've long thought the Blackhawks should switch to something like this...

AQHTG9s.png

...and wear the black sweater primarily at home, making the red one a sparingly-used alternate.

What? No. Gross. Stop it.

The Blackhawks have one of the best sets, if not the best, in all of sports.

ALL. of. Sports.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

AQHTG9s.png

...and wear the black sweater primarily at home, making the red one a sparingly-used alternate.

The concept is actually kinda good. I like it personally. That said, I would never get behind black primarily at home, especially if the red were to be used only sparingly. Red's been the home for decades, it doesn't need to change now.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

AQHTG9s.png

ALL. of. Sports.

They need to stop copying the Stars. I say this concept is a good start.

AQHTG9s.png

ALL. of. Sports.

They need to stop copying the Stars. I say this concept is a good start.

Not sure if serious or sarcastic

AmPJ0Ty.png 

AQHTG9s.png

No, those are awful. The red jersey is bad because it's taking stripe consistency too far, like Florida football. A red stripe on a red jersey looks like crap. Also, in trying to create consistent striping, this actually ends up creating three different patterns. Three separated stripes on the white jersey, a jersey-color center stripe on the red jersey, and three touching stripes on the black jersey. The only good thing about these is the outlined Indian logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

What's the fascination with all jerseys of a team being exactly the same, with just colours switched around? It seems to be the dominant opinion round here, but strikes me as incredibly boring. The Blackhawks have one of the best looks in the NHL because of the fact that their home and roads are slightly different, not despite it.

If the Coyotes relocate, they may have to be called the ______ Coyotes, like how Dallas was initially stuck with the name (fans voted to keep it).

The Jets barley had time to develop and manufacture gear and logos and their relocation started in June. Anything after June will be a tight squeeze.

It seems like I post this nearly every year. Honestly, if the city does not want the team, just move it.

Archived