2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Just looking at the shirseys...

I think we have heard rumblings of most of the TBDs...but new Lightning alternate on the way?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/adidas-team/SLD_Licensed/NHL/2016/NHL_SP16_RBKCCM_INLINE/index.html#?page=38

Unfortunately, that's not happening. The NHL's rule on alternate jerseys is that you have to wear your alternate for two seasons before you can change it again. That's why the Buffalo Sabres continued to burn their fans eyes with the Turd Burger this season. They had to wear that for two seasons. Speaking of Tampa's Kings Jersey, I noticed a lot of fans wearing it yesterday against Montreal. Does anyone know if that's part of their Season Ticket Holder Jersey Giveaway?

Probably just late on Tampa's. Only 4 teams unveiled new alternates this past season (NY Islanders, Pittsuburgh, Philadelphia, and Tampa) and all listed as TBD. Although the Isles are adding a new one next year anyways.

Speaking of Tampa's Kings Jersey, I noticed a lot of fans wearing it yesterday against Montreal. Does anyone know if that's part of their Season Ticket Holder Jersey Giveaway?

Seem to recall hearing that when they were unveiled.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else notice how drastically different the Sharks teal is?

There seem to be color issues, just from the few pages I've looked at. The bear in the Bruins' alt logo is blue.

Speaking of Tampa's Kings Jersey, I noticed a lot of fans wearing it yesterday against Montreal. Does anyone know if that's part of their Season Ticket Holder Jersey Giveaway?

Seem to recall hearing that when they were unveiled.

All season ticket holders got a freebie. They were supposed to have a microchip embedded into them for discounts on stuff. I think it's suppose to be a lightning bolt on the sleeve. Also a patch to say they were season ticket holders. http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551151

I'm just hoping at some point the Capitals decide to make a red version of these. Watching the Caps play the Rangers in their throwbacks has been a treat:

ovechkin3.jpg

and you can't tell me, during the regular season, this wasn't a treat as well:

Capitals%20Penguins%20Hockey-2.jpg?ve=1&

I just hope, at some point, Washington and Pittsburgh wake up.

Except they need to go with the shorts they wore the majority of the time in that uniform.

Bondra_oldsweater_w.jpg

PivonkaA10.jpg

Is it possible that the Caps just ditch their standard away white uniform and use the throwback whites, full time? And yet still keep the usual home reds. Me and a buddy were discussing this a few months ago before the playoffs. And now, after they wore the throwback whites for the entire playoffs, it does seem at least plausible. Fingers crossed, because the standard away white uni's stink.

Has any team ever had blatantly different designs on a home and away uniform?

90758391980.gif

Is it possible that the Caps just ditch their standard away white uniform and use the throwback whites, full time? And yet still keep the usual home reds. Me and a buddy were discussing this a few months ago before the playoffs. And now, after they wore the throwback whites for the entire playoffs, it does seem at least plausible. Fingers crossed, because the standard away white uni's stink.

Ottawa: 1999-2007

Senators09.png

Minnesota: 2007-today

Wild09.png

Wild05.png

thecatch.jpg

You can say the Capitals' throwback logo is bad, and that's fine. But those uniforms? Hot damn. That's a great look. Take those (or something close to those), slap the updated script logo or the Weagle on them and you have a much, much, much improved set. I'd prefer if they returned to royal blue over the navy they use now, as I hate the color darkening across sports the last decade plus. However, it might be wise to keep the navy in this case to distinguish them from the Canadiens and even the Rangers. Navy breezers with stars, red jerseys; the inverse of Columbus. Sure, the Panthers use red over navy, but they're the Panthers, and nobody could take the Florida Panthers into consideration when doing anything.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Caps have done that before, I mean just off the top of my head.

hentv0sfffa10hv6oyhg63dvn.gif4mhwalzg6chhl945x8xd5d8eb.gif

lb10yb4oszqigldhsihenoaug.gifzbo3t804zqs7oduyl7w9ghifo.gif

cuaelavegs90ovgym2he.gift48p8pdnlg74ah7pixte.gif

aboecvsx8pishsh3d1o1zisfg.gifrpb7pohmzsizochhl9viaiyxu.gif

The Caps have done that before, I mean just off the top of my head.
The North Stars/Stars didn't match designs between when the North Stars went to black as their primary color and when the Stars adopted the star alternate as their primary.

NorthStars19.png

Stars03.png

Also, the Flyers started wearing their now-current home jersey as their primary for the 2009-10 season when they still had their first Edge road jersey, so the designs were completely different.

Flyers30.png

And I don't think the Thrashers ever really had a home & away set that matched properly. Be it the different logos or the different striping.

Exactly. Their jerseys were never just color swaps.

99-06 they had the separate logos:

Thrashers05.png

Starting in 2006 they had matching logos but differing templates:

Thrashers06.png

That carried over to the Edge jerseys:

Thrashers07.png

And then they didn't even bother with a logo for their Edge alternate:

Thrashers08.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think the Dallas set is similar enough to avoid being called a mismatch. On another note, Atlanta's edge set was an absolute eyesore.

I loved that first powder blue jersey. Ridiculous, but awesome.

+1

Archived