College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Ugh, I'm tired of Maryland wearing their ugly airbrushed flag helmet.

Call me crazy, I love those helmets. Unique, and utilizes school colors. I prefer the ones that weren't airbrushed, but these are still nice helmets.

Now Michigan State's special green jersey's with the bronze and black they're wearing today? Awful. It's made worse by the fact that their helmets are so great.

At least they aren't wearing the bronze helmet to go with it. Those helmets need to be burned.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant even make out what is on the scar helmets im disappointed in you guys liking it

it's an oversized logo for one

for two, it's not even the entire logo

third it looks airbrushed

and fourth, it looks trashy

stick w what you do best scar

You want them to wear baseball hats?

Ugh, I'm tired of Maryland wearing their ugly airbrushed flag helmet.

Call me crazy, I love those helmets. Unique, and utilizes school colors. I prefer the ones that weren't airbrushed, but these are still nice helmets.

Now Michigan State's special green jersey's with the bronze and black they're wearing today? Awful. It's made worse by the fact that their helmets are so great.

You're not crazy, they are some unique helmets. I like them too.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

cant even make out what is on the scar helmets im disappointed in you guys liking it

it's an oversized logo for one

for two, it's not even the entire logo

third it looks airbrushed

and fourth, it looks trashy

stick w what you do best scar

I had no problems making out what was on the helmet. Pretty sure others quickly knew what it was too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's the photo of the Hawks blackout helmets

Z6ZjQ3o.png

Who'd have ever guessed the Hawkeyes going bfbs would be an awesome thing <3___<3

Not BFBS. Black is their primary color.

actually this would be the first time our hawkeyes have worn a black helmet with black pants and a black jersey for a blackout game

that would be bfbs

That is not the definition of bfbs. To be bfbs, a team has to add black to their uniform when it wasn't there before. Since Iowa already has black in their uniforms, they can't really do bfbs.

I don't want a lot, but I would like consistency from week to week. I really think there should be one home, one road, and one alternate that should be worn for special occasions. Just give me consistency so when I flip a game on and glance at it, it looks like Maryland, or Syracuse, or whomever. These alternate uniforms and helmets are out of control. I know the schools use these uniforms to recruit, but it really makes me wonder if the kids who are going to a school because of a cool uniform are there to be cool or play football? With the exception of Oregon, none of these other schools seem to be really successful on a consistent basis. It may be flukey, but I do find it interesting that except for Oregon and Miami, most teams who've played for the National Championship have been "traditional".

I don't want a lot, but I would like consistency from week to week. I really think there should be one home, one road, and one alternate that should be worn for special occasions. Just give me consistency so when I flip a game on and glance at it, it looks like Maryland, or Syracuse, or whomever. These alternate uniforms and helmets are out of control. I know the schools use these uniforms to recruit, but it really makes me wonder if the kids who are going to a school because of a cool uniform are there to be cool or play football? With the exception of Oregon, none of these other schools seem to be really successful on a consistent basis. It may be flukey, but I do find it interesting that except for Oregon and Miami, most teams who've played for the National Championship have been "traditional".

I'm with you. I'm okay with a team having an alternate helmet or another pair of pants if they want to mix things up, but it's gotten to the point where identities are getting terribly diluted. I get that it's "kewl" for the kids; awesome. Good for them. But it's at the expense of a lot of these schools' football brand. Well, heck, who am I kidding? It's not just football these days, it's nearly every collegiate sport. You can get away with anything now if there's enough marketspeak to "defend" it. I'm (in all seriousness) waiting for the day when Oregon busts out a blue jersey "because state flag and iconic Pacific Ocean". I mean heck, just look at ASU's desert fuel nonsense "because copper and Arizona". We're already getting there, folks.

Seriously, all you need to mix things up is one extra helmet, one extra jersey, and at most two extra pants. All in school colors. And bam! You can still mix and match, still experiment, still have a special occasion look. Only now, your brand still has something to it and isn't heaved onto the back burner for the sake of 18-year olds, retweets, and likes. And occasionally state pride.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Although Oregon's school colors have been green and yellow since the 1890s, Oregon could technically break out a navy jersey because the football team wore navy and gold uniforms until 1925, when they were forced by the student body to switch to the official school colors.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/pac10/2010-12-28-oregon-uniforms_N.htm

Oregon-Ducks-1920-Rose-Bowl-Uniforms.jpg

Archived