College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

In my opinion, the low point for VT were these...

2013-virginia-tech-gray-uniforms-620x413

I agree, mostly because these weren't even some cool custom job with Nike buzzwords.

This was an alternate for the sake of doing something different and looked like it was hastily done from a Nike high school team uniform creator, which it probably was.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been partial to the Hasselbeck/Woody/Cloud uniforms for BC.

V9XZIqp.jpg

1CsCGUA.jpg

wow I'll admit I have never seen these before but these are awesome. They look a lot like Florida State pre-2014 but that BC pattern is so unique. Great old-school uni

Brands of the top 6 CFP teams

Clemson - Nike

Bama - Nike

Ohio St - Nike

ND - UA

Iowa - Nike

Okie St - Nike

10 of the top 11 are all Nike. Adidas comes in at 12 with a team who's leaving them, leaving 24 Wiscy as their only team.

Guess that Adidas brand isn't translating much on the field either.

The ageless Doug Flutie is modeling the uniforms.

CUCPNKpWEAEz90o.jpg

That is awesome!

His temples and side of the face are SUPER shiny. Makes him look like a wax figure or something. Like he stretched latex over his head.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Yuck and here comes NC State on to the GFGS train with the "Iron Wolf" uniform

CUDypmLWEAA_qrU.jpg

CUDypl2WoAICIZj.jpg

yuck let me guess the tiretread simulates the fur of the wolf and the steel gray color pays homage to siberian huskies?

Not trying to make an excuse for these uniforms, but when teams do "_F_S" uniforms, I feel like it becomes more acceptable when the color "fits" the team's identity.. NC State is a good example because grey is an obvious compliment to the red/black/white in their color scheme, and also happens to be the color of actual wolves.. To me, this deviation from official colors is far more acceptable than some others..

It's also part of the military appreciation game. But this "fashion statement" says, I can't figure out how to rep the school and military at the same time so let's just show off a hideous pattern that no one but the designer likes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Brands of the top 6 CFP teams

Clemson - Nike

Bama - Nike

Ohio St - Nike

ND - UA

Iowa - Nike

Okie St - Nike

10 of the top 11 are all Nike. Adidas comes in at 12 with a team who's leaving them, leaving 24 Wiscy as their only team.

Guess that Adidas brand isn't translating much on the field either.

Even Wisconsin is leaving them for UA

Vt should have kept these...best pro combats nike ever came out with.

Tyrod-Taylor-3013.jpg

If this uniform was maroon and the stripe/numbering pattern was orange and black I'd like it so much more.

I feel close to the same way, switch everything that's black to maroon instead, but without any black anywhere (so basically keep the maroon on the stripes and numbers), and it's a very good pro combat.

And I know there actually was some real reason they went with black (can't remember it off the top of my head...seems like it was military related or something), but again, thick marketingspeak doesn't make a bad choice a good one. If it's not your school color or wasn't a past school color, don't wear it.

I'd like to see someone do a mock up of that...Were any pro combats worn more than once? Or were they like these worn once and auctioned off? Im pretty sure a few years back Navy wore them in their bowl game too.

12243188_10102362577882192_8995134513955

Boston College could wear these or the Glen Foley set all the time and I'd be 100% okay with it.

V9XZIqp.jpg

1CsCGUA.jpg

The double outlines on the numbers bring it down a notch. A single outline would work much better. The BC trim is pretty cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12243188_10102362577882192_8995134513955

Boston College could wear these or the Glen Foley set all the time and I'd be 100% okay with it.

V9XZIqp.jpg

1CsCGUA.jpg

The double outlines on the numbers bring it down a notch. A single outline would work much better. The BC trim is pretty cool.

Reebok made some great college jerseys in the 90's- early 2000's

1380572814000-AP-IA01G1BBOARD27.jpg1999-2000-bill-burke-michigan-state-foot

ron-dayne.jpg337449-sep-1998-defensive-tackle-chris-j

1998_UVA_SJ_State_01_calendar_resized.jp

hi-res-5283750129e9626ef2956821b14c06df_

Reebok made some great college jerseys in the 90's- early 2000's

1380572814000-AP-IA01G1BBOARD27.jpg1999-2000-bill-burke-michigan-state-foot

ron-dayne.jpg337449-sep-1998-defensive-tackle-chris-j

1998_UVA_SJ_State_01_calendar_resized.jp

hi-res-5283750129e9626ef2956821b14c06df_

353112-nov-1996-quarterback-beau-morgan-

Archived