College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Can someone explain to me why ND doesn't ever wear their older green uniforms anymore? Does it just boil down to bad luck in the past? (Something like the Bush Push incident?)

Not 100% sure but those bad boys were always used in the past as sort of a "big game" jersey. Haven't had the biggest games at home since that Bush Push game I think so that could be why. Also they do this shamrock series thing now so the shock factor of running out in the green jerseys isn't what it used to be. It's a shame because I love those old green jerseys

55997646-quarterback-brady-quinn-of-the-

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of monochrome. I don't like random, unnecessary notches in fonts. I don't like the leotard look. I'm fairly traditional.

But this Iowa Hawkeyes blackout uniform was a huge guilty pleasure.

56481f359da86.image.jpg

10-0 likely has something to do with it. But so does the lack of white.

And really, anything other than straight Steelers knockoffs is welcome. I'd take this jersey with the rest of the current set in a heartbeat.

More photos here.

I'm not a fan of monochrome. I don't like random, unnecessary notches in fonts. I don't like the leotard look. I'm fairly traditional.

But this Iowa Hawkeyes blackout uniform was a huge guilty pleasure. 56481f359da86.image.jpg

10-0 likely has something to do with it. But so does the lack of white.

And really, anything other than straight Steelers knockoffs is welcome. I'd take this jersey with the rest of the current set in a heartbeat.

More photos here.

Beautiful. My biggest beef with the current set is the shrunken front numerals they switched to in 2013 or so. As seen above, the template can accommodate large numbers, so would love to see Iowa switch back.

I think that set would look even better with a set of shoulder stripes, but not ones like their normal uniforms. Something to set it apart, but not go overboard.

87AD44F6-F8EB-4165-8BB8-CA61AC36A8DF1B17

Not really sure why UnderArmor gets a free pass for this uniform or any of their other special uniforms. UnderArmor has put out just as many hideous looks as Adidas has... but there isn't much hate for them.

I haven't been too keen on Under Armour myself, personally. They do roll out some decent sets, so I like them above Adidas in that regard. But other sets and most one-offs have been poor.

Nike's had its issues also, but I do think they've fared much better with their one-offs or alternates than their competitors have.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Not really sure why UnderArmor gets a free pass for this uniform or any of their other special uniforms. UnderArmor has put out just as many hideous looks as Adidas has... but there isn't much hate for them.

A lot of it is because even if UA's design is equally as bad as an Adidas one, the UA template is far superior to an Adidas uniform. Mostly what I've noticed is that UA will just roll the dice and take chances like putting stripes on the hamstrings or across the quads just to see how it works. Meanwhile Adidas just makes basic football uniforms on a bad template with screen print everything that gets warped to hell when it's on a human.

I haven't been too keen on Under Armour myself, personally. They do roll out some decent sets, so I like them above Adidas in that regard. But other sets and most one-offs have been poor.

Nike's had its issues also, but I do think they've fared much better with their one-offs or alternates than their competitors have.

Honestly, it's not even really the designs themselves that make adidas so hated. It's the fact that adidas uniforms look cheap, UA's and Nike's don't nearly as much. I'd take ASU's new uniforms as an example. The design of the uniforms themselves are fine, though I'm not that much of a fan of the number font. But with adidas, you not only have the tire marks on the jersey, but you have the numbers that look like taped on plastic. It's all the the material. It makes an otherwise perfectly fine design, into utter garbage. I think if adidas simply used templates similar to nike, there would be much less of an issue with their uniforms.

Honestly, it's not even really the designs themselves that make adidas so hated. It's the fact that adidas uniforms look cheap, UA's and Nike's don't nearly as much. I'd take ASU's new uniforms as an example. The design of the uniforms themselves are fine, though I'm not that much of a fan of the number font. But with adidas, you not only have the tire marks on the jersey, but you have the numbers that look like taped on plastic. It's all the the material. It makes an otherwise perfectly fine design, into utter garbage. I think if adidas simply used templates similar to nike, there would be much less of an issue with their uniforms.

The template is simply how the uniform is sewn together.. The template isn't the problem.. The problem isn't the tire marks either, because you can get Adidas's jerseys without them.. The problem is the fact that Adidas's "technology" advantages include the tire marks and plastic tape numbers with horrible slashes.. If they quit trying to be so cute, they'd be vastly improved.. Adidas, with all their current elements, could easily rival Nike and UA in aesthetics.. They just do everything within their power to look like garbage

Archived