College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

1.)

Just saw NC States Gray uniforms and I actually think they may be some of the best uniforms Adidas has put out this year. (That's not saying much, but still, this is the first time I wasn't totally offended by an Adidas uniform)

565269501b892.image.jpg

5652694e8c896.image.jpg

keyframe2.jpg

My only change i'd make would be that the Claw Stripes be changed to red not black.

Are you blind? Those are hideous.

The Helmet is hideous, I'll give you that. But when you think about the trademarks of a typical bad adidas uniform, most aren't there.

Sure they are:

1. Tire treads
  2. Horrible striping on pants
  3. Horrible striping on jersey
  4. Barely readable script on front of jersey
  5. Barely readable nameplate

1.) This is a an extreme nitpick, but while the Tire Tread is dumb, if I remember correctly, it's there for non aesthetic reasons, and thus don't consider part of the typical "adidas design"

2.) and 3.) No! To me the traditional Adidas design has no pants stripe or jersey stripe, instead uses Giant hip logos ont he pants and none, to very minimal sttriping on the shoulder, most of which is small and super generic. The only Adidas team with pants striping is Miami and at least these stripes make more sense.

4.) and 5.) Ok yes they are unreadable, but unlike Louisville and Miami's unreadible mess of nameplates, these issue can be fixed with a recolor.

I'm not saying the Wolfpack's uniforms are great overall, but by Adidas standards, they are better then 90% Adidas has put out.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.)

Just saw NC States Gray uniforms and I actually think they may be some of the best uniforms Adidas has put out this year. (That's not saying much, but still, this is the first time I wasn't totally offended by an Adidas uniform)

565269501b892.image.jpg

5652694e8c896.image.jpg

keyframe2.jpg

My only change i'd make would be that the Claw Stripes be changed to red not black.

The Helmet is hideous, I'll give you that. But when you think about the trademarks of a typical bad adidas uniform, most aren't there.

Sure they are:

1. Tire treads

1.) This is a an extreme nitpick, but while the Tire Tread is dumb, if I remember correctly, it's there for non aesthetic reasons, and thus don't consider part of the typical "adidas design"

2.) and 3.) No! To me the traditional Adidas design has no pants stripe or jersey stripe, instead uses Giant hip logos ont he pants and none, to very minimal sttriping on the shoulder, most of which is small and super generic. The only Adidas team with pants striping is Miami and at least these stripes make more sense.

4.) and 5.) Ok yes they are unreadable, but unlike Louisville and Miami's unreadible mess of nameplates, these issue can be fixed with a recolor.

I'm not saying the Wolfpack's uniforms are great overall, but by Adidas standards, they are better then 90% Adidas has put out.

^This guy :therock:

1.)

565269501b892.image.jpg

5652694e8c896.image.jpg

keyframe2.jpg

Sure they are:

1. Tire treads

The only time Adidas football unis typically look good is if the design is completely generic and they use an old, generic template. For example, Wisconsin's unis.

The only time Adidas football unis typically look good is if the design is completely generic and they use an old, generic template. For example, Wisconsin's unis.

This is the ONE and ONLY reason I'm semi-okay with Nebraska keeping Adidas. Bad alternates are somewhat stomachable once a year since Adidas hasn't (yet) managed to screw up our classic look. Still, I also tend to think that Nike and UA could do just as well, plus give us better alts.

It's really hard to mess up a two-stripe pattern but if any designer is up to the challenge, it's Adidas.

--edit--

Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi State, Nebraska, NC State, TAMU, UCLA and Wisconsin are the only Power 5 programs Adidas has left in FBS. There are a few others like FIU, SMU and Akron, but among those Power 5 you'll notice they all wear semi-to-completely traditional looks. In other words, "timeless" looks that are hard for Adidas to screw up, basically, and gives little credibility to their design chops.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Make the should caps and names gold and wear the normal helmet and FSU has a passable BFBS uni. The garnet just bleeds into the black.

If two-tone helmets must be done it should be done like that though and not like Jaguars "let me spray paint half of this gold helmet black" atrocity.

Michigan looks fine this year, as I've said, and I'm sure you can thank Harbaugh for that. Yes, Adidas designers will come up with ugly af designs in an attempt to produce a look that kids will call swag, but only if you let them. Sometimes that means turning down their new templates, especially if they go Shockweb crazy, which is as much if not more of an eyesore than Nike's sweatpanels.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

New unis for the Civil War...12249642_753094994796172_65131621757256312299125_753095014796170_57420676763390212241414_753095298129475_501677770194799

As far as military appreciation unis go, those are probably some of the best I've ever seen. Wish the helmet had an O on it, but otherwise, pretty nice.

The helmet does have an O on it. I like them too. I love the stripe if it didn't spread out into a duck in front.

New unis for the Civil War...12249642_753094994796172_65131621757256312299125_753095014796170_57420676763390212241414_753095298129475_501677770194799

As far as military appreciation unis go, those are probably some of the best I've ever seen. Wish the helmet had an O on it, but otherwise, pretty nice.

Even with the camo pattern and faux military symbols on the fan gear, I don't think they're being done as military appreciation jerseys as they're being called the "33" uniform, which is honoring Oregon being the 33rd state.

This is the ONE and ONLY reason I'm semi-okay with Nebraska keeping Adidas. Bad alternates are somewhat stomachable once a year since Adidas hasn't (yet) managed to screw up our classic look. Still, I also tend to think that Nike and UA could do just as well, plus give us better alts.

It's really hard to mess up a two-stripe pattern but if any designer is up to the challenge, it's Adidas.

--edit--

Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi State, Nebraska, NC State, TAMU, UCLA and Wisconsin are the only Power 5 programs Adidas has left in FBS. There are a few others like FIU, SMU and Akron, but among those Power 5 you'll notice they all wear semi-to-completely traditional looks. In other words, "timeless" looks that are hard for Adidas to screw up, basically, and gives little credibility to their design chops.

And Wisconsin is switching to UA July 2016. Regarding your other comments, even though Wisconsin has a simple uni design, I still thought it looked horrible with the tire tread template they had the last couple of seasons until changing back to a generic template for this season. I think the pattern looks horrible, even with a simple design, plus the fact that the jerseys are ridiculously stretched out.

Michigan looks fine this year, as I've said, and I'm sure you can thank Harbaugh for that. Yes, Adidas designers will come up with ugly af designs in an attempt to produce a look that kids will call swag, but only if you let them. Sometimes that means turning down their new templates, especially if they go Shockweb crazy, which is as much if not more of an eyesore than Nike's sweatpanels.

This. Michigan went away from the Shockweb and Primeknit stuff and even further back to the same cut Reebok used just prior to coming up with Techfit. It's just as fit in the front and sides without the distortion other adidas uniforms suffer with. If Nebraska went with this over there current jersey it'd be a slight improvement. The same for Mississippi State. A&M's look was built for Techfit, they just need to go with pant stripes and toss the giant hip logos, same for Mississippi State too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Wow, no comments on the Territorial Cup game? I thought that Asu looked like complete S H I T, but our (Arizona) red chrome looked sweet under the sun and wearing white jerseys and pants. And we almost completed the comeback with our 3rd string QB. Oh well good game Team up north.

8yMANGC.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Lol I think the poster is trolling.

Those are beyond god awful. They're the ugliest things I've ever seen, and I've been on safari.

I mean it's Pontiac Aztec level of attractiveness.

UNC vs State will the ultimate portrayal of the brilliance of Nike and the bankruptcy of Ah-dee-dos.

Wow, no comments on the Territorial Cup game? I thought that Asu looked like complete S H I T, but our (Arizona) red chrome looked sweet under the sun and wearing white jerseys and pants. And we almost completed the comeback with our 3rd string QB. Oh well good game Team up north.

8yMANGC.jpg

Pretty much agreed, Arizona looked great, ASU was trash.

8yMANGC.jpg

Pretty much agreed, Arizona looked great, ASU was trash.

The white jerseys look nice with the gradient. The other units could just have a Red/White gradient on the navy jersey and vice versa on the red jersey..... we don't need to have dark numbers on dark jerseys.

a2BRS8U.png

I really hope Iowa State's new coach doesn't change the uniforms. Rhoads might not have been able to get it done on the field, but his team looks so good. It'd be a shame if they change.

I'd rather see them have a more unique Identity then those USC look-a-likes

Iowa St.'s uniforms look better than USC's ... better striping.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1.)

565269501b892.image.jpg

5652694e8c896.image.jpg

keyframe2.jpg

Sure they are:

1. Tire treads

The ONLY thing that looks good about this set is the helmet, and of course adidas doesn't design the helmets.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

UNC - NCSU has potential to be really good actually... as long as they avoid using any element of their blacks / militarys. Hoping for this:

Georgia_Tech_NC_State_Footb5.JPG VS Ryan-Switzer-TD-vs-Pitt-2015.jpg

That Could be countered by NCSU wearing Red/Red/White to create an opposite of UNC. Might pop a little more.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived