College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12142450_1682943201988184_538519449_n.jp[

#BRUINDARKOPS

I don't know about you guys, but I think it's pretty clever that they put Joe Bruin's afternoon snack on the helmet.

WHAT THE HOLY HELL? I thought this was TCU at first, which actually makes a modicum of sense.

I'm waiting for the next big reveal when Duke puts a frozen raccoon on their helmet and Texas uses those blue space cat people from Avatar.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Here's the photo of the Hawks blackout helmets

Z6ZjQ3o.png

Giant-sized ANF sticker on the back, encased in an outline of the State of Iowa. Pretty cool.

http://programs.iowafarmbureau.com/anf/#.VkZpX3arSHs

For reference, here's the usual lid with the ANF yellow round sticker and yellow stripe.

helmetpic-iowa-anf.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

12142450_1682943201988184_538519449_n.jp[

#BRUINDARKOPS

this is fake right?

RIGHT?!

It is real. It's supposed to be a tribute to the US Navy SEALS for their Military Appreciation Day. The logo on the helmet is simliar to the bone frog tattoo that many Navy SEALs get. The recent connection I can find between UCLA and SEALs is that they've trained with some during the off-season.

College football uniforms have been BAD for years now, but I honestly think this might be the worst yet, let's see how many dumb trends it hits:

- almost total lack of any kind of traditional school color or design elements

- covered in the manufacturers ugly, attention-grabbing 'innovations'

- by the looks of that decal, simultaneously hopping on both the matte and chrome bandwagons

- helmet decals seemingly designed without any thought as to how they actually fit on a physical helmet

- incredibly tenuous piece of pandering

- doesn't even look good in a vacuum

All we need is for there to be some kind of cheesy slogan as a nameplate (which I firmly expect) and for there to be something different on the other side of that helmet (which I'm not ruling out), and we'd have yahtzee.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Ugh, I'm tired of Maryland wearing their ugly airbrushed flag helmet.

Call me crazy, I love those helmets. Unique, and utilizes school colors. I prefer the ones that weren't airbrushed, but these are still nice helmets.

Now Michigan State's special green jersey's with the bronze and black they're wearing today? Awful. It's made worse by the fact that their helmets are so great.

Here's the photo of the Hawks blackout helmets

Z6ZjQ3o.png

Who'd have ever guessed the Hawkeyes going bfbs would be an awesome thing <3___<3

Not BFBS. Black is their primary color.

actually this would be the first time our hawkeyes have worn a black helmet with black pants and a black jersey for a blackout game

that would be bfbs

Davidellias, on 14 Nov 2015 - 12:15, said:
rickyISking, on 14 Nov 2015 - 12:11, said:

Ugh, I'm tired of Maryland wearing their ugly airbrushed flag helmet.

They need the current uniforms, with this helmet.

66550161.jpg

I dislike this helmet in any color. In my opinion that is one of their worst helmets. it is an oddly shaped stretched flag.

Archived