College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

P.S. am I the only one that wishes the NCAA would require TV numbers? Not that they're needed in this day and age, but wow it looks so much better than bare shoulders.

I would definitely agree. Don't think it would happen, but would be nice for some schools to have.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MY ALL is fine. The HI YA'LL is strange, but I'm sure there's a backstory to it. The wordmark looks a lot better in use (on the basketball court or on the sign pictured) than it does as just a vector or whatever. I'm still not really a fan, though. I think Tennessee can get away with something a little less designed, if that makes sense.

IUe6Hvh.png

The MY ALL is fine. The HI YA'LL is strange, but I'm sure there's a backstory to it. The wordmark looks a lot better in use (on the basketball court or on the sign pictured) than it does as just a vector or whatever. I'm still not really a fan, though. I think Tennessee can get away with something a little less designed, if that makes sense.

The "Hi YA'LL" is a photoshop of the "MY ALL" sign. It's not real.

The "Hi YA'LL" is a photoshop of the "MY ALL" sign. It's not real.

I see it now.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Posted on the UniSwag Twitter page a couple days ago surprised this hasnt made its way here yet

CGG75zKW8AI9cA8.jpg

New Michigan design or practice jerseys?

I think it may be the actual jersey based on mesh pattern (it has the typical Shockweb pattern) and also based on the fact that it is crinkled up in the upper shoulder area (so it really is a Techfit jersey in spite of looking like a tank top).

Plus, the adidas practice jerseys tend to have an adidas-centric three-stripe motif:

8692289.jpeg

Hope Meeechigan adds TV numbers to that away jersey, though. Otherwise, it probably means they are removing the TV numbers from the home jerseys as well.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Posted on the UniSwag Twitter page a couple days ago surprised this hasnt made its way here yet

CGG75zKW8AI9cA8.jpg

"Hi there, sir. Do you like sports uniforms?"

"Yes."

"Do you think their general shape and form is adequate for their given sport, such as a tank-top basketball uniform for basketball?"

"Yes."

"Would you like to see your favorite football team wear a uniform that seems more fit for basketball?"

"No."

"Well too bad! Here at Adidas, we're always finding ways to use the aesthetics of one sport's uniforms in another sport. Like soccer sleeves for basketball jerseys, and sleeveless football jerseys just like basketball! We've even put numbers on front of hockey jerseys and we're testing button-up jerseys and long pants for soccer!"

"But why...?"

"That's what we do at Adidas! We can't actually do anything new or original, so we use the same concepts somewhere else. In fact, there will only be 4 templates for these reinvented uniforms!"

"I didn't say--"

"That's the magic of mass-produced templates! Why think outside the box when you can just put something different inside of it?"

"How are you still in business?"

[Fake friendly chuckling]

"We don't know either, sir!"

[Cut to Adidas logo as early 1960s-esque jingle plays; syllables appearing when uttered]

? Ad-i-das, We Don't Know Ab-out Sport-ing De-sign! ?

Glad Utah State is keeping it simple with no new chrome helmets or anything like that. Definitely one of the better looks in college!

CGrS4B4WgAEA9CP.jpg

I was at a USU road meeting a week or so ago and heard football head coach Matt Wells say new gray unis were coming. He called them "a little different" and said they'd be of the CFB Playoff cut/template. I don't know if this is it or what those "little" changes are, but I don't expect any major departures or new helmets. My alma mater has, in my mind, shown how to mix-and-match and retain your identity.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

CGG75zKW8AI9cA8.jpg

I think it may be the actual jersey based on mesh pattern (it has the typical Shockweb pattern) and also based on the fact that it is crinkled up in the upper shoulder area (so it really is a Techfit jersey in spite of looking like a tank top).

Plus, the adidas practice jerseys tend to have an adidas-centric three-stripe motif:

8692289.jpeg

Hope Meeechigan adds TV numbers to that away jersey, though. Otherwise, it probably means they are removing the TV numbers from the home jerseys as well.

I think this is similar to Miami's shirts at the AFCA conference. I'd expect the players to be fitted with these for practice and get a jersey with the Northwestern stripes once the season begins. That's if Harbaugh tries to look completely like they did when he was there.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived