NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Not even close.

If anything, the dark facemasks make the white padding and chinstrap stand out more. They start making those in team colors, and you might have an argument.

I didn't even realize they chinstrap was white until I looked at it again.

spacer.png

I like the brown facemask better than the gray facemask, but i liked the gray facemask better than the white facemask.

I'm the exact opposite. I think white is best for the Browns, gray was a downgrade, and brown is even worse. The only way they could possibly get worse from here is orange.

White is far better than both the brown and gray.

spacer.png

Really? The Cardinals but not the other two? Why is that?

I don't really know. I've seen looks with white red and black and I just didn't really like any of them. They should probably just replace black with silver or just add it to their jerseys and pants to make it work better. And I just think the grey facemask looks wierd with the rest of the 49ers set.

I look at on a case-by-case basis. There are certain situations where a gray facesmask looks good, and that includes the Bills, Colts, 49ers, and Giants. The first three, in particular, have a more traditional design in which it fits. The Giants obviously feature gray throughout their uniforms, so no further explanation is needed. Other teams, like the Cardinals, feature a more modern uniform design and would benefit greatly from a black or white facemask.

Also, I think that a white facemask only work for teams that have a while shell. It looks cheap to me otherwise.

The only teams that should have grey masks are:

Cowboys

Raiders

I'm pretty sure they're not part of the conversation simply because they already have gray shells. Anybody would be crazy to imply that they would benefit from a change.

The only teams that should have grey masks are:

Cowboys

Raiders

I'm pretty sure they're not part of the conversation simply because they already have gray shells. Anybody would be crazy to imply that they would benefit from a change.

Agreed, just wanted to be thorough

Ice Cap - I'm not trying to get the last word in or anything and then run, but it seems that PL is one of those topics that gets brought up and seems to instantly derail threads. Maybe not as much as politics or Washington football, but whatever the next tier down from there is. Obviously I'm continuing the derailment with this post, but it might be a good idea to consider stepping in when it looks like the thread is turning in to a PL debate - or just ban PL talk all together (personal discussions - not discussions of specific blog posts or ESPN articles.)

First off, as I stated above, the no politics policy comes from Chris. Not me. Those who have been here a while know I can be politically outspoken. As a mod on Chris' forum though? It's my job to enforce his policies as he sees fit.

Secondly, you're either trying to get the last word in after a moderator told everyone to let the political discussion die, or you're trying to restart the discussion after a moderator had ended it. Either way, sorry. No. Politics.

Finally, no one's banning Paul Lucas as a topic. At the end of the day? Paul is like any one of us. He just has a larger platform. If someone wants to sing his praises? They're allowed to do that. If someone wants to call him an idiot, they're free to do that too.

Besides, Paul's a big boy. And he visits the forums. If he wants to defend himself? He's more then capable of doing so.

The only thing I'd like to stress is that you leave the man's politics out of it.

I think you may have read my post just a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit wrong. I didn't talk politics at all. Not even a little bit. I was referring to not wanting to get the last word in the PL debate.

I wasn't trying to get anything over on a moderator. If you or any other mod feels that my post was an attack on the mods or a way of circumventing the politics ban, please bring it to me in PM - I don't see any way in the universe it could be interpreted that way. I was just saying that PL is a polarizing topic that can derail threads. I'm not sure how much more respectfully I could have said it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Steelers, Vikings, and Bears would look atrocious with anything other than shell-colored masks (yes, I know the Vikings currently have non-shell-colored masks, and I hate it - purple would be infinitely superior)..

Redskins - yellow is so bright, a departure would look jarringly drab

Chiefs - close enough to white, it could look ok, but nowhere near as good as white

Jets - such a stark departure from green would look jarring, unless they switched to green shells

Patriots & Lions - could get away with it for the same reason the Raiders/Cowboys do, but IMO, it would be a downgrade for both

Steelers, Vikings, and Bears would look atrocious with anything other than shell-colored masks (yes, I know the Vikings currently have non-shell-colored masks, and I hate it - purple would be infinitely superior)..

Redskins - yellow is so bright, a departure would look jarringly drab

Chiefs - close enough to white, it could look ok, but nowhere near as good as white

Jets - such a stark departure from green would look jarring, unless they switched to green shells

Patriots & Lions - could get away with it for the same reason the Raiders/Cowboys do, but IMO, it would be a downgrade for both

The Steelers could pull off gray facemasks pretty easily, just like they did in the 70s. The gray facemask would complement the gray outline of the logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just to whack the hornets nest further, I will repost my list of NFL teams that I think could switch to a gray mask immediately and it would look anywhere from "just fine" to "completely awesome";

Bears

Redskins

Vikings

Lions

Patriots

Jets

Steelers

Chiefs

I've always been a fan of the Patriots' red facemask (liked in 1994, like it now) but I agree that a gray mask would look pretty good. The uniform would need more red to balance it out though.

Nope. Not even close.

If anything, the dark facemasks make the white padding and chinstrap stand out more. They start making those in team colors, and you might have an argument.

You know what what make the white padding and chinstrap stand out less? A white facemask :) White will always be my choice for the Browns, just because it complements the stripes and used to complement the jersey numbers better than any other color.

Archived