NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only is the font boring, but it's on such an awful, steep curve on that wordmark. Such a horrible use of space. The only redeeming qualities about this set are, 1) They appear to be in an actual basketball template rather than the neck piping crap of the last 15 years; and 2) They have an outline on the names and numbers. Other than that, bland for no reason, forgettable, and worst of all, the alternate jersey eschews team colors to promote a B-list rapper.

Just because you don't like the OVO style uniform doesn't mean Drake is B-list. If he's B-list, I'd LOVE to hear who you think is A-list

Probably rappers from the 90's, early 2000's. Drake can be number one in hits, set billboard records, streaming records, and these people will still deny his achievements. I dont care if you dont like his music, but you can never ignore factual success.

As far as the jerseys go, i think that if the Raptors are marketing this as a "Re-brand" they're obviously just trying to grab money as this look is much of the same as the old one. My initial thought is that introducing the OVO colour scheme on an alternate could lead to more, and in my opinion i hope it does. All of Canada may not like Drake, or the colour scheme; But then again all of Canada doesnt like the raptors or the boring red and black that doesnt have any sense of originality. I think they should just go black and gold full time. Not only is it original, but it looks really good.

Was browsing through those Adidas/NBA catalogs and came across this t-shirt design for the Orlando Magic

wiz.png

Look at that thing! It's literally a dunking wizard! Why is this not a Wizards shirt?!?! I'm so bitter. I would LOVE the Wiz to have an alternate logo like this. Gahhhhhh

Very cool.

Jaguars

^ Magic's version of Baller Ben? (Ben wasn't an 'official' logo until last week either.)

Yes it was. It was a alternate logo last year, it was even in the team style guide.The Sixers stated it wasn't an "official" logo last year, even though it was.

That Magic wizard logo isn't official. The guy's wearing adidas shoes. Clearly a logo developed by adidas for apparel.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not sure if it's been covered, and there may be nothing to it... But OKC has their NOB below the number in the instance of those t-shirts. And I also find it odd that their Christmas jersey is navy rather than their usual light blue (other teams seem to use their regular jersey color or cream, as well as their normal template). I know they have a navy alternate, but it's an entirely different template (as far as the stripes are concerned).

Could their new alt be navy? With names under the numbers?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not sure if it's been covered, and there may be nothing to it... But OKC has their NOB below the number in the instance of those t-shirts. And I also find it odd that their Christmas jersey is navy rather than their usual light blue (other teams seem to use their regular jersey color or cream, as well as their normal template). I know they have a navy alternate, but it's an entirely different template (as far as the stripes are concerned).

Could their new alt be navy? With names under the numbers?

Navy with a red wordmark could look nice if done right. Its the thunder tho so odds are their New Jersey is nothing but a new worst jersey

Finally got a chance to go through all the leaks, and there's something bothering me. Why bring back those gorgeous '85-90 Kings unis if you're not going to bother doing it properly? I'm referring to the NOB being above the number, rather than below.

Adidas have shown that they can do subscript NOBs on alternates & ASG jerseys, so why not for the Kings' throwbacks?

First look at NBA Draft caps, via @NBA. Includes new 76ers logo:

NBA_zpsbtuk4orj.png

Hats also have enlarged logos under the bill: https://twitter.com/AndrewMLind/status/600692780025946112

Kinda lackluster hats. And I swear the NBA already did the white brim draft hat...but maybe I'm remembering wrong. Alternate (or solid) color brims would improve these hats.

The OKC logo looks downright awful on a hat.

It looks downright awful anywhere...

Indeed. At least for other applications, there could be other redeeming qualities that take your attention away from it. It's just unavoidable on a hat. Boom! There it is -- with it's flaws hanging out all over the place.

:puke:

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

The howling wolf logo is so much better than the crap the T-Wolves call their primary logo, proved again by these hats.

The howling wolf needs green. A lot of Timberwolves stuff needs green.

After taking another look at the hats, it's interesting that some are primary logos, and some are secondary "favorite" logos.

Archived