ltjets21

One Year Uniforms

B1N0kJkIcAAYxsA.jpg

144101.jpg

The jerseys with the G in the stripes were introduced in 1984 and the pants are essentially what the Packers wear now, but 1988 was the only year they were worn together.

I noticed that NOT Brett Favre (#4) in that first pic is wearing mismatching shoe brands.

Likely a kicker. It was pretty common then, and now with with one brand of shoes, because of the feel kickers want on their kicking foot.

Don't forget the (in)famous one-year Apex wonders of the 1994 college football season.

Arkansas

451976550_zpswvzwu26p.jpg

Iowa

GetContent1_zpspz0mjb3v.jpg

Minnesota

2732276_orig_zpsonp9fzin.jpg

I've seen the first two before BUT WOW I've never seen that Minnesota one before.

But could something LIKE that actually work? Sublimated or much smaller or something? Hmm

2003 Nebraska. Pretty sure these were burned in a dumpster after one and only one season.

1359416-quarterback-jammal-lord-of-the-n

I'm pretty sure I still have replicas of both the home & roads from that year somewhere

Don't forget the (in)famous one-year Apex wonders of the 1994 college football season.

Arkansas

Iowa

Minnesota

I don't know about the other two, but the Hawkeyes wore those for at least two seasons.

Arkansas

Iowa

Minnesota

I don't know about the other two, but the Hawkeyes wore those for at least two seasons.

How long did Bucky wear theirs?

3495063_orig.jpg

UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT

Those Iowa uniforms were tremendous and I'd love to see an updated version as the base of their identity.

Mingjai: Only one time for those Badgers double W's, a 43-7 home loss to Colorado in 1995.

http://m.host.madison.com/sports/college/football/uw-football-badgers-jerseys-for-nebraska-game-bound-to-generate/article_401d3a72-dfec-11e1-a9f7-001a4bcf887a.html?mobile_touch=true

That's one way to make a one-year uni a one-off.

And BJ, I'd like the Hawkeyes to stop copying the vintage Steelers look in its entirety. As I've stated many times before here, I preferred the 1996-98 follow-up to the Apex jersey. Heavily influenced by the Steelers uniform, with additions that make it unmistakably Iowa's.

Note: Not a one-year uni. (Sorry to go slightly OT.)

sports-man.png

The 2015-16 Los Angeles Clippers. I'm from the future.

I can't recall if this was already posted . . .

Ravens 1996

hi-res-232937_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420239420_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Mingjai: Only one time for those Badgers double W's, a 43-7 home loss to Colorado in 1995.

http://m.host.madison.com/sports/college/football/uw-football-badgers-jerseys-for-nebraska-game-bound-to-generate/article_401d3a72-dfec-11e1-a9f7-001a4bcf887a.html?mobile_touch=true

That's one way to make a one-year uni a one-off.

And BJ, I'd like the Hawkeyes to stop copying the vintage Steelers look in its entirety. As I've stated many times before here, I preferred the 1996-98 follow-up to the Apex jersey. Heavily influenced by the Steelers uniform, with additions that make it unmistakably Iowa's.

Note: Not a one-year uni. (Sorry to go slightly OT.)

sports-man.png

(Er guess one more OT I promise,someone came up with a really good more modern looking tapered striping-based look for them and I thought it looked really good. The big 10 is dominated by more traditional uniforms. I think if the modern look was actually done right, Iowa could pull it off and it would look good in contrast) aaaaand back to one year unis

On 7/6/2015 at 10:14 PM, Guy_Gardner said:

Likely a kicker. It was pretty common then, and now with with one brand of shoes, because of the feel kickers want on their kicking foot.

What a flashback, I used to think that was so cool... my dad used to yell at me for trying to wear two different shoes out :lol: