MCM0313

People. Roller Hockey. New Jersey. They put a cheesy 90's rollerblading helmet on the dude on the jersey, who by the way, was blading over a massive CD.

nj95gr.jpg

Oh, the league is still around. Evidently it has expanded to Europe.

The entire RHI was the definition of the 90s, pretty much.

mxRlJp8maWmFhkzFJxIrUYg.jpg

buffwingsrd.jpg

u3J7jjd.png

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My nominee -- The St. John's skyline uniform

felipe-lopez-graduated-in-1993-basketbal

Under Armour was supposed to do an homage to that when St. John's signed with them, weren't they? Whatever happened to these:

oEHGEnn.jpg

x1GgUgT.jpg

My pick was linked in the OP.

hi-res-269634_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420

Wow, I've never seen those before. That font...those shorts...that red...

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I consider the original Tampa Bay Devil Rays set as such a 90s design. Gradients, the teal, and even just the team name alone makes it so 90s.

I don't disagree, but there wasn't any Teal in there...

TampaBayDevilRays_FRC01_2000_SCC_SRGB.pn

It's about the only color that wasn't in there.

My nominee -- The St. John's skyline uniform

felipe-lopez-graduated-in-1993-basketbal

That whole SI cover reeks of the 90's.

I'm honestly a little ashamed I own one of these.

2627_2001_02_jason_re.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

hi-res-269634_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420

That Kerry Kittles?

I actually had those shorts. Had an Arkansas pair too. I'm guessing Apex is no longer in business?

I was about to mention Arkansas once I saw the Apex logo. Marshalls was selling these in mass quantity for like $15 in 1995, like right after they won the national championship. May have been by presidential decree.

I still have a pair. So do all my friends.

mKBuocaQFHuldtVrHWaCWDA.jpg

How has this not been shown yet?

1995-toronto-raptors-12.jpg

I think this has to be the winner. It has the requisite purple and/or teal color scheme, and cartoonish logo, but what puts it over the top is that the cartoon logo in question is of a dinosaur. It's like, how much more 90s could this be? And the answer is none. None more 90s.

It's sad that the most 90's uniforms are the ones with the wildest and most creative designs and colors, while the most 00's uniforms are the ones with the most piping, the most 10's uniforms are the ones that are most Nike-fied or Adidas-fied, and the most 20's uniforms will be the ones with the most and worst ads on them.

How has this not been shown yet?

1995-toronto-raptors-12.jpg

I think this has to be the winner. It has the requisite purple and/or teal color scheme, and cartoonish logo, but what puts it over the top is that the cartoon logo in question is of a dinosaur. It's like, how much more 90s could this be? And the answer is none. None more 90s.

The thick silver and black pinstripes which have a little zig zag to them.....thats how even more 90s it can be.

The 90's, the era of bold NBA uniforms.

That's about the only "bold" 90s uniform I really liked. I like the color scheme a lot. A better wordmark with no ball orbit and that would been been a great uniform.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Most 90's uniform ever- Randy Johnson edition

1998_tl.jpg

This is more of a 2000s uniform than anything (meaning these were ahead of their time). Navy and gold were popular after the turn of the century, and the wordmark is very modern without being cookie-cutter. Simple piping on the pants, no piping on the sleeves is still pretty modern.

If the Astros unveiled these uniforms today instead of 20 years ago, I think they'd be pretty popular. Only change would be to update the number font.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm honestly a little ashamed I own one of these.

2627_2001_02_jason_re.jpg

Would have been the most terrifying logo I'd ever seen as a kid. Gotta say I actually like how this looks, in a "well at least they went all out with the #badass theme" way

vancouver-grizzlies.jpg

Were these a different material than all the other uniforms? There's such a unique flat effect to them. And yeah, I'd say these, the Raptors, and the Pistons would be the top 3 90s NBA uniforms (the former two have the excuse of being born into the 90s at least)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived