LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

Changed the colours a bit et violá, around 70% better.

8yguxf.jpg

Can you change the colors to San Diego Clippers colors??
That's what he did. And it does look much better...I don't understand why they haven't gone back to those colors full time. It's unique in all of professional sports.

Well now, they'd look close to the Thunder with that color scheme. I do prefer it to the red and blue though.

oklahoma-city-thunder.jpg

87Redskins.png

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are just atrocious. Honestly nothing good about them.

I loved these:

f271nx306gaggjmkcfhisggwo.gif

5781mwlekxygmset8qabab898.gif

And I snagged one of these when they released them.

hrhevfjbmaxefse2sgjir0h8a.gif

So simple, but classy. That cursive script is gorgeous.

Not so much anymore, but when I was a kid, the Clippers were kind of my western conference team. They were almost forgotten about, being in the Lakers shadow and so bad for so long. We had a lunch time b-ball house league in elementary school and my team was the Clippers, so I've always sort of followed them since.

sig.png

8yguxf.jpg

That's what he did. And it does look much better...I don't understand why they haven't gone back to those colors full time. It's unique in all of professional sports.

Well now, they'd look close to the Thunder with that color scheme. I do prefer it to the red and blue though.

Fair enough. Didn't think of the Thunder because of the navy and yellow. I'd still call the SD Clippers colors unique—the blue is more of a powder blue, and the Thunder heavily use navy.

8yguxf.jpg

Fair enough. Didn't think of the Thunder because of the navy and yellow. I'd still call the SD Clippers colors unique—the blue is more of a powder blue, and the Thunder heavily use navy.

How about we make the colors from the "SDClippers" scheme lighter? It's pretty unique and screams "California" with images of Venice Beach and all that.

xzTD8FX.jpg

8yguxf.jpg

Fair enough. Didn't think of the Thunder because of the navy and yellow. I'd still call the SD Clippers colors uniquethe blue is more of a powder blue, and the Thunder heavily use navy.

How about we make the colors from the "SDClippers" scheme lighter? It's pretty unique and screams "California" with images of Venice Beach and all that.

xzTD8FX.jpg

zgtu.gif

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The Clippers need to abort the planned rebrand until they actually come up with something good, however long that may be. There's no point in going with something that they will probably end up changing in a couple of years because of how bad the logos are. The black is completely unnecessary and don't go well with the red and blue. Lights Out's concept were great. But, I would remove all black except maybe as trim. If the leaks are true, who would have guessed that there would be a worse rebrand than the Raptors.

Why do this? The franchise is enjoying a popularity never before enjoyed and they come out with this?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Why do this? The franchise is enjoying a popularity never before enjoyed and they come out with this?

I'm kind of playing Devil's advocate here, and I don't really like the new identity at all, but -

maybe they are thinking, "Well, we've had practically no memorable history, and now people actually pay attention to us, so now is a good time to totally rebrand and sort of visually reinvent ourselves. That way, people will associate the old logo with bad basketball, but will think of this new identity as practically a new franchise."

Just an idea.

This is something that would have got ripped apart in the concepts thread.

It would have been pretty funny if someone with access to these logo sheets posted them in the concept section instead of leaking them to Lukas. Just let people tear it limb from limb only to find out it wasn't a concept at all. So maniacal.

Archived