LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

The logo itself is pretty good. The black feels shoehorned in, and I hope that black jersey will be an alternate rather than the regular road/dark jersey. If they're going to make black an official color, it needs more presence on the white and red jerseys. Otherwise the black one looks like BFBS. Also, I don't like the placement of the logo and numbers on the jerseys, but I suspect I'm merely repeating a popular sentiment in this regard.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate adding black to the color scheme. Inexcusable.

I also detest this logo and this jersey:

CCzMbJnUgAA-meb.png

What a :censored: img mess. The logo is indistinguishable from the background. I can't read it at all.

This one, however, I really like.

CCzMaNUVEAEnkyh.png

It's playful, unique, and the number is well-balanced with the square logo.

I actually like the secondary. It's very simple.

I'd really have to see the entire logo package to have a better opinion, but I can see the secondary logo being used at midcourt and other places.

If true anybody think it will be like the 90's 49ers logo, scrapped in days cause of fan outcry?

Doubt it, the Clippers don't have anywhere near the legacy of the 49ers. Even right now, they are still seen as the "little brother" team to the Lakers, and that's an image that isn't likely to change anytime soon.

While the Clippers do have their own fan base, so many "Clipper fans" I know are just bandwagoners who are upset about the Lakers missing the playoffs. My point is, there will likely not be outcry/rioting akin to the single-day logo of the '91 49ers.

for the conspiracy theorists.. this is a genius move by Ballmer if he is eventually moving the team to Seattle.

So you're saying he personally leaked ugly uniforms that most likely aren't even close to the finished product - which only reflects poorly on his own organization - so he can move the team he paid $2 billion for to a smaller and less lucrative TV market? Not to mention, if he was going to move the team to Seattle, I doubt he'd be spending money on a rebrand that would only see the court for a year or two at the most. This goes beyond a mere conspiracy theory into pure idiocy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Does anybody have pics of the back of the jersey. Otherwise, I will not believe this is real. That is unless, say this is only for a one off like a Christmas Day jersey or such. Or if it will be a city pride jersey. As for their current unis and logo theyre fine. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Does anybody have pics of the back of the jersey. Otherwise, I will not believe this is real. That is unless, say this is only for a one off like a Christmas Day jersey or such. Or if it will be a city pride jersey. As for their current unis and logo theyre fine. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Again, because people still aren't getting it, these were simply concepts. Concepts that were created by an agency, and presented to the Clippers. Is this what the real jerseys will look like? Maybe, depends where the discussions went with the team. Nothing is official until the team unveils it.

However, multiple people (on this board and otherwise) have seen the secondary logo that is included here. Likely, that logo WILL be incorporated into the rebrand. The jerseys are much more up in the air.

Archived