LA Clippers New Logos & Uniforms?

bartodell

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out the Twitter timeline of @ArashMarkazi

sTCMJ3D.png

Even the sight of a portion of these uniforms makes me die inside.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Notice the north-west rise-shadow. The Browns have started a trend!

I actually think that once high-res vectors show up, these have a shot at looking decent. Also there's a lot of potential for the uniforms, provided what we've seen isn't final.

I was initially disappointed when I saw this, and it's certainly not the direction I would go, but let's see how it works within the context of their total rebranding effort (assuming they are doing a full re-brand and not just changing up uniforms) and if the actual real uniforms are nicer than these photoshops. Even those alts have potential in RL vs PS.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have to think these leaks were calculated. I mean, stuff gets out on the internet all the time, and is often taken down soon afterwards. But Paul Lukas broke this story. I don't follow him, but considering he's mainstream media, I don't imagine he generally posts or even links to leaked images of proprietary material from companies with which his employer has a multi-million dollar contract. The Clippers had to have intentionally put these out there. Why? I don't know. Maybe it was a trial balloon before running with this set. If there is fan backlash, maybe there's an option B.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This reeks of planned leaks. Once someone sees the Madden logo similarities that thing is dropped. It's WAY too close to a giant company like EA's mark. No way they even tempt fate. I bet the LAC logo is used in some third/side of short capacity.

The rest of this is going to get scrapped.

I think the problem here is just how generic it is. There's no tie into the past or a nod to their nautical name (PR copy notwithstanding, some lines do not allude to a ship nor the water).

It's not necessarily bad, it just has no personality or meaning to it. It's some current trend modern sports type along with tweaks to current color schemes. Seems all very haphazard.

This reeks of planned leaks. Once someone sees the Madden logo similarities that thing is dropped. It's WAY too close to a giant company like EA's mark. No way they even tempt fate. I bet the LAC logo is used in some third/side of short capacity.

The rest of this is going to get scrapped.

Knowing this should make people feel a lot better now.

This is complete and utter garbage. Not shocked coming from the NBA which gave us the Thunder and Wizards and Kings hot messes.

I totally hope this is all a sham and that real, professional, unique and original logos arrive. Or they just keep the status quo which is 10X better than this hot dumpster fire.

Hope the clips win the championship this season so they don´t dare change a damn thing !

Winning a title doesn't mean much to the logos. A good example is the 1995 Houston Rockets.

Or the 1999 St. Louis Rams.

*sighs*

The uniform change was in the queue before the 1999 season and was intended to be used then. It's just that in classic Frontiere/John Shaw-era Rams fashion they blew the league deadline and had to postpone the change to the 2000 season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

EzaqWJt.jpg

Yeah I know poor photoshoped :)

I understand that primary logo need change, because it need, but rest of logos? Rest is cool and many people from this board show us that is possible to make amazing logo for Clippers using currents wordmarks, alternate logo etc.

4r2eer.png

I just noticed something in the primary, since it's all letters and no real logo, there's a bit of redundancy with the LAC and Clippers underneath. Now it reads LA Clippers Clippers to me!

packchampionslfroh.png

I still like the secondary/roundel logos. The "LAC" part is growing on me, too, although as pointed out, the white stroke would have been better squared rather than rounded. Even the home jersey isn't that awful, though I don't like the black jersey or the red road jersey.

Archived