NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

The other thing sitting in the wrong seat does is set off a chain reaction of "whatevs." You're supposed to be in seat 13, but someone's there, so you sit in 15, but 15 comes and they site in 17, but then someone with 14, 15, 16, and 17 shows up and it's a big mess.

If it's a ticketed event, sit in your ticketed seat. There's really no defensible alternative.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The other thing sitting in the wrong seat does is set off a chain reaction of "whatevs." You're supposed to be in seat 13, but someone's there, so you sit in 15, but 15 comes and they site in 17, but then someone with 14, 15, 16, and 17 shows up and it's a big mess.

If it's a ticketed event, sit in your ticketed seat. There's really no defensible alternative.

Well, it only works if it's some event where nobody's there, like, to get us back on topic, a Phoenix Coyotes game. I should think you'd be able to jump down a few rows there without causing a ruckus.

I was on the right (or the wronged) side of one of these conflicts this summer, except it was old people sitting in my seat. The whole time I was asking them to leave the guy was like "okay, honey, I GUESS THERE'S NOWHERE ELSE IN THE WHOOOOLE PLACE TO SIT." Well, there kinda wasn't, and you were in my spot. I've sat where I wasn't supposed to sit, but you just have to pick your spots! Or rather, pick the spots that are not yours!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It is defensible when you go to Florida Marlins games a decade ago and the usher tells you not to go to your $5 "Fish Bowl" seats in the top two rows of the upper deck because there is no one in the first 20 rows of the upper deck. "Just sit here." And I like sitting with no one behind me...

On the other side, Wrigley's aisles give section-raised people such fits. Try sitting in a seat 111 next to seat 11 and convince them that not only are you not in seat 12, but that they need to go all the way across this section past all the people they just climbed over and go find your seat across that row and another group of people (who are probably in the wrong seats, too). STHs become ushers at Cubs games.

And they just know they are right, despite the giant number on the back of my seat.

Well, at least the Marlins part was Coyote-relevant...

As someone who can barely fit my knees into an aisle seat, if I find out that the douche sitting in front of me, cramming my knees against the cupholder even more, is ticketed in some other area, hell's going to be paid.

VmWIn6B.png

This is why I used to love going to Yankees/Rays games at Tropicana Field.

I never sat in the crummy upper deck seat ticket I purchased. I like sitting (standing) in the outfield seats. This came in handy in September of 2010 when there were some high stakes games being played. Room to roam. In that one respect, and only that one respect - God bless the Trop.

spacer.png

It is defensible when you go to Florida Marlins games a decade ago and the usher tells you not to go to your $5 "Fish Bowl" seats in the top two rows of the upper deck because there is no one in the first 20 rows of the upper deck. "Just sit here." And I like sitting with no one behind me...

As the man said, that's a ballgame of a different color. :P

Probably not. If these latest buyers are submitting bids, that means it'll take all summer to negotiate with the city, and the beat goes on. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they burned off the last two years of Colisee play and held it off till 2015.

Probably not. If these latest buyers are submitting bids, that means it'll take all summer to negotiate with the city, and the beat goes on. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they burned off the last two years of Colisee play and held it off till 2015.

I love the delaying of the inevitable.

Honestly, if it doesn't go through now, I fear we may be heading towards the first professional Big 4 franchise folding since... God, the Barons merging with the North Stars? Does that count?

Nobody wants to pony up actual money for the team. Glendale's new regime isn't subsidizing anything. The league's owners are pretty much over paying for this any longer. If Bettman doesn't give up the ghost and let them go to Quebec, it may be phsyically unable to have the Coyotes in the league at all.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't think it'll come to that. At this point they'll probably be in Glendale next year, whether it's treading water again or having financed their own sale and dumping the team for nothing, at which point it can be someone else's problem. Not even Bettman is dumb enough to fold the team rather than sell it to a rich guy/corporation in Quebec.

Nobody wants to pony up actual money for the team. Glendale's new regime isn't subsidizing anything. The league's owners are pretty much over paying for this any longer. If Bettman

doesn't give up the ghost and let them go to Quebec, it may be phsyically unable to have the Coyotes in the league at all.

Bettman works for the owners, right? If it comes that, then can they vote him out if he refuses to do the sane thing and move the team?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I just want it to end. We're facing the very real possibility that this team will remain league owned for the better part of a decade. OITGDNHL.

I also want to see the death of Phoenix hockey. It is so irritating to see all the lucky breaks this franchise gets, in a city no one cares of, or even fundamentally understands of, hockey. It is so frustrating to see fans of deserving cities like Quebec (and for a while Winnipeg) suffer in misery because of the incompetent decisions made to keep Phoenix as a market. It's like the NHL is a well groomed person who has that huge ugly-looking back zit (Coyotes), and refuses to pop it open, deciding to live with it despite the painful results.

I think the day the Coyotes do indeed definitely leave, everyone on the CCSLC should have a ticker-tape parade and celebrate like people did on V.E. Day.

• Like 1

I just want it to end. We're facing the very real possibility that this team will remain league owned for the better part of a decade. OITGDNHL.

I also want to see the death of Phoenix hockey. It is so irritating to see all the lucky breaks this franchise gets, in a city no one cares of, or even fundamentally understands of, hockey. It is so frustrating to see fans of deserving cities like Quebec (and for a while Winnipeg) suffer in misery because of the incompetent decisions made to keep Phoenix as a market. It's like the NHL is a well groomed person who has that huge ugly-looking back zit (Coyotes), and refuses to pop it open, deciding to live with it despite the painful results.

I think the day the Coyotes do indeed definitely leave, everyone on the CCSLC should have a ticker-tape parade and celebrate like people did on V.E. Day.

But we'll be losing quite possibly the longest running series of a mind-boggling thread (in this and all its previous iterations). You'll have to pour one out instead and pay a last respect if anything...

Even if the Panthers are on deck, it can't possibly ever be the same. Glendale Tomfoolery > Anything Else.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah, I won't lie. Something will definitely be lost CCSLC-wise when the Coyotes eventually move. That's about as nice a thing as I can say about this team in its current location though. That it's been a great source of immense, unfathomable stupidity to be entertained by. Oh well. There's always the press conference in Quebec City to look forward to. That'll be golden.

The only thread I've found more mind-boggling was the one about the Lake County Fielders, and it wasn't nearly this long.

To refresh your memory, the Fielders played in a temporary stadium for two years, drew peanuts, refused to complete road trips to Hawaii, coaches had to pay baggage fees for players, and they ended with a 15 or so game series against another team called the Fielders.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38