NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Yeah, the Panthers generally haven't drawn well before Thanksgiving. All their record-low crowds have taken place before Thanksgiving, if I remember correctly.

However, listless is a good term for the crowd. Whenever the Thrashers played at Florida, for some reason...all those games made me sleepy.

I think Thrashers-Panthers was a game a few years ago where the only available Center Ice feed was the Jumbotron with the radio call.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"The franchise isnt going anywhere, Daly said. It has a long-term lease and owners who are committed to the market. South Florida is a tough sports market. Thats always going to be the case, but a hockey team can be successful there, I really believe that.

I know their attendance wansn't always dead last, but they rarely ever even made it in the top 20. His statement is a little too wishful thinking to be taken seriously.

I think Thrashers-Panthers was a game a few years ago where the only available Center Ice feed was the Jumbotron with the radio call.

Somewhere in the archives, I liveblogged a Hurricanes game where it was just jumbotron and radio. It was against either the Coyotes or Perds.

EDIT: here it is

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

^ I remember this and it had to be the Preds and it had to be in the 2011-12 season.

This does sometimes happen in MLB too, however, so I'm not sure we should be so quick to pin this a fledgling-NHL-market sort of thing, as much fun as it is. There was an A's-Royals game this year (no, not that one!) where there was no TV broadcast; I watched it on MLB.tv with the Royals radio call. I think the on-screen graphics were courtesy MLB.com itself. And this was in August in the middle of a pennant race, too.

spacer.png

The Stars have always been a good road draw in Phoenix, lots of people from Dallas move away from Texas's heat and sprawl and pollution and racism so they can be in Arizona's even more extensive heat and sprawl and pollution and racism

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/11/12/7210411/nhl-expansion-las-vegas-owners

The Aloof family is one of the prospective owners of a Las Vegas expansion team.

The NHL has pulled off the impossible, how frickin dumb can you be even thinking about putting those clowns in as owners.

• Like 1

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

A 32-team NHL could work just fine. A Las Vegas NHL team can be successful. A Las Vegas NHL team owned by the Maloofs, however, will have Mr. Fucik on loop for the duration.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/11/12/7210411/nhl-expansion-las-vegas-owners

The Aloof family is one of the prospective owners of a Las Vegas expansion team.

The NHL has pulled off the impossible, how frickin dumb can you be even thinking about putting those clowns in as owners.

Well actually having money has never been a requirement for owning a NHL team before. Why start now?

If you think the NHL has become *more* laughable than it was in 2004, you have not been paying attention at all.

• Like 1