NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

I think the biggest factor in all this is wall of secrecy that had decended around the NHL. The first rule of Gary Bettman's NHL is 'Don't talk about the NHL'. They've become the North Korea of professional sports leagues. If you recall last year, the True North guys were reamed out by Bettman after the news broke that a deal has been made to move the Thrashers to Winnipeg. Coupled with the roasting Hulsizer took for the deal he was concocting last year (and deservedly so), you've got a situation of hockey Omerta. If this league had more transparency, it would have taken all of 20 minutes to clear this up, it might have even saved Jamieson a quarter million + legal fees....

tigercatssignature-1.png

these HFboards posters shouldn't be allowed out of the house without diapers on. Get a load of this:

As for that article, Im suspicious. Who is "Garry Jamieson"?. Wrong name. Our man from San Jose' is as you know "Greg Jamison". I think what we have here is a case of mistaken identity, the wrong guy put in the frame. Maybe this guy "Garry" was running a parallel track to "Greg" in some sort of long-con. Hoping to buy the Coyotes using funds secured by the Panama City based Crimson Group, who claimed to have an "in" with European funding & banks. Instead, Crimson ran a short-con on "Garry Jamieson", taking him for app. $244K in upfront consultancy fee's in order to secure the $500Mil he was hoping theyd deliver... instead, they did nothing, and now its up before the 15th Circuit in Florida.

What? Occam's Razor, you retard. Greg Jamison has nothing to do with this, considering that no one has ever heard from Greg Jamison himself regarding such a transaction; it has only been attributed to him because some talk radio chucklehead in Phoenix misspelled the Canadian guy's name. Also, the talk about Jamison "going to Europe to find investors" aligns with this scam. I'm amused by the fact that Sharks Guy never bothered to categorically deny that he was buying the Coyotes. Too polite?

Can we please please please start a "Worst of HFBoards" thread. I feel like the two of us and at least two others here find at least one terrible thing we find on it and share it here ^_^

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

?I don?t have as much confidence as I did,? Scruggs said, adding that she had called Jamison last month to inquire about the status of his bid and didn?t get a call back.

Is that because she should have called this Jamieson guy?

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/westsideinsider/152205

http://interact.stlt...l#ixzz1jLN5GuQ6

THE ONE AND ONLY BIG AL: JR

Bernie said we have someone infusing the team with cash to keep us going??? do you know about this?? Jeremy Rutherford:

Hey Big Al,

Yes the NHL is very involved in the Blues' finances ... to the point where you could say "running the team." It's perhaps the biggest reason the league decided to terminate Hulsizer's purchase agreement and allow Stillman a chance to close the deal. I've been told that Hulsizer was really close to settling his financial structure, and may done so AFTER the deadline, but the league's decision tells us that it believes Stillman has a good chance of completing the purchase.

ugh

That makes three teams to have been under league control this year (Coyotes, Blues, and the Stars till their sale closed). This looks so bad, especially when it's one of the best teams in the league being paid for by the rest of the league.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/new-jersey-devils-looking-for-financial-miracle-011312

It will be hard for owner Jeff Vanderbeek, the 54-year-old former Lehman Brothers executive, to get the deal done by the end of the month, the sources added.

That date is key, people familiar with the situation said, because it serves as an unofficial deadline set by the NHL to resolve the potentially-crushing fiscal problem.

"[NHL Commissioner Gary] Bettman basically told him to figure out a resolution by mid-February, or he'll do what needs to be done," a source said, noting a league takeover is not out of the question.

CBJ_20120109105313711_660_320.JPG

just keep pilin' on

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hockey, why ya gotta treat me so bad?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Gary Bettman wants to own it, and he gets to without having to front any of his own money.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Devils to Québec, Blues to Seattle, Coyotes stay in Glendale.

:blink::lol:

Sure, the weakest franchise that nobody wants to own stays put... :lol:

why is it the NHL is reminding me more and more of a fantasy hockey league where the commish is the owner/gm of a team because it keeps going through owners that sign up and leave.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 3 weeks later...

So that would make three teams under league control if things don't work out for the Devils right? The Devils, Blues, and Coyotes. Four in the last year, with the Stars.

The argument that Gary Bettman is doing a good job gets weaker with each passing revelation.

So that would make three teams under league control if things don't work out for the Devils right? The Devils, Blues, and Coyotes. Four in the last year, with the Stars.

The argument that Gary Bettman is doing a good job gets weaker with each passing revelation.

People were arguing that Gary Bettman is doing a good job?

starting to remind me of a fantasy hockey league where gms/owners leave, league can't find replacements and teams end up under league control.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

People were arguing that Gary Bettman is doing a good job?

Amusingly yes. Mostly at HFBoards. Which I only visit because I apparently hate myself.

Once the Devils get rid of the dead-weight Ray Chambers, we'll be fine. The squabble between Vanderbeek and Chambers is what's causing this hiccup.

The Devils will be fine and they're not moving anywhere. Look elsewhere, canuckleheads...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png