Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe even silver white black gray?

I don't think black pants would be a problem but I was thinking blue would provide for less of an imbalance. So silver white blue gray or even silver white blue black might be ok.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's a way that matchup could have worked - the Packers in their green home jerseys versus the Chiefs in their red jerseys and white pants. There's value contrast between the jerseys, and both the pants and helmets are distinct. Two good looks on their own that would work together.

Two good looks on their own which would have visual contrast together, sure. But it would still look far worse than one team wearing a white road uniform to provide the optimal visual contrast.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Found it!!

NFL75.jpg

From that 75th anniversary book... the "future of football".

I've been searching everywhere for something similar. There was an SI for Kids spread of (I think ) Adrian Peterson in a 'futuristic' uniform. It was a bit more robotic looking than this. Does anyone else remember this?

*Randy Moss lol

$_35.JPG

spacer.png

spacer.png

Does anybody know if teams will be allowed to wear pieces of their color rush uniforms with their usual uniforms in the future? For example if Tennessee wore the Columbia blue socks with their usual white on navy road combo.

Don't think there's any reason they couldn't.

With the exception of the color rush series, the league limit the amount of jerseys and pants a team can have (not sure about socks).

For example Carolina usually has three sets of pants (silver, white and black). Color rush introduced blue pants to their equation. I'm just not sure if the Panther would be allowed to wear their blue pants outside of the color rush game. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing them go White/Blue/Black at some point this season. Or even Blue/blue/black.

Does anybody know if teams will be allowed to wear pieces of their color rush uniforms with their usual uniforms in the future? For example if Tennessee wore the Columbia blue socks with their usual white on navy road combo.

Don't think there's any reason they couldn't.

The lack of white from mid-calf down is a reason. I believe that's still a uniform rule in a regular game match up.

Well my interpretation from my response from Chris a few days ago was that they're gonna be exclusive to TNF/AKA Color Rush games.

https://twitter.com/digital_jag/status/664945731535511552

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The jerseys are the best part of this event. Each of them unveiled so far has been good to great (waiting to see exactly what shade the Jags use before determining where on that scale they lie). If the NFL really thinks those jersey sales say anything about the totality of the uniforms, they're hitting a new level of delusion.

I will agree with you on that. If the Rams were taking the field with yellow fauxback jerseys, royal-to-flag blue pants, and yellow-topped socks, I might put one on the ceiling. But solid yellow from the neck down? Nope.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

When the Bills were bandying about redesign talk, I had hoped they would wear blue jerseys and socks with red helmets and pants. (I think I wanted white jerseys with blue pants and red socks on the road.) The people who replied to me on this said it was an awful idea. Be that as it may, it still would have been better than neck-to-toe red with a white helmet, I at least know that much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was thinking about blue jersey/red pants as an alternate Color Rush for the Bills the other day. I honestly thought they had already worn this back in the 80s/90s sometime until I looked it up; I think it would look good.

Found it!!

NFL75.jpg

I've been searching everywhere for something similar. There was an SI for Kids spread of (I think ) Adrian Peterson in a 'futuristic' uniform. It was a bit more robotic looking than this. Does anyone else remember this?

*Randy Moss lol

$_35.JPG

Would it be logical for the NFL to switch from facemasks to full-face, plexiglass visors?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Found it!!

NFL75.jpg

*Randy Moss lol

$_35.JPG

Would it be logical for the NFL to switch from facemasks to full-face, plexiglass visors?

Not until they figure out some way to vent them.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

When the Bills were bandying about redesign talk, I had hoped they would wear blue jerseys and socks with red helmets and pants. (I think I wanted white jerseys with blue pants and red socks on the road.) The people who replied to me on this said it was an awful idea. Be that as it may, it still would have been better than neck-to-toe red with a white helmet, I at least know that much.

I'm sure I was among those shouting you down. Red and royal blue are way too close in grayscale for that to look good. In fact, red in general wouldn't work in that way. Even navy jerseys with red helmet/pants would look awful. The blue pants on the road would have looked interesting, though. Back in the '90s, I always wanted to see the Bills wear blue pants on the road. I believe they had a blue set in the '80s in the first year or two of that style.

But the Bills could work with a red helmet, as they did it before. However, they are a primary royal blue team. In their current set, you can argue that white is their secondary and red is tertiary. They looked so terrible in the blood clot unis because they had almost no blue on them. The Giants could pass with red jerseys because they at least had a blue helmet. The Bills didn't look anything like the Bills ever have looked or ever should look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Seahawks looked okay when they wore matching slate blue jerseys and pants, and those had the same greyscale. They still have that problem, such as it is in 2015, now. I really like what they have now, but it could have had a cool All-American feel if they wore red and blue together.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Seahawks looked okay when they wore matching slate blue jerseys and pants,

Well...

Even if they did, there's a difference between cool colors and warm, dark colors and bright. What works in one will not necessarily work for all.

Speaking of the Seahawks, um, am I the only one who thinks that they will be crazy enough to go with an all neon green monochrome disaster next year?

Archived