Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

The new Madden patch has all the Color Rush jerseys in and when you mix and match there's some real good permanent alt possibilities for the future. If I have time later I might post some screenshots of playing around with them

Do Falcons Color Rush jersey, 2010s Alternate white pants, and home socks. Looks great and won't disappoint.

I just dicked around in madden. Everyone who has a white color rush only had that option. Everyone with a color had an alternate which wasn't a white version of the color rush. It was their away option with all white socks and white pants if they had them as an option (lions were silver for example with white socks). Really hope teams would use the pants with other sets moving forward. 

Also madden now defaults the rams to white at home. Dallas is/was only team with that default option.

KISSwall09.jpg

3 hours ago, benpc21 said:

I was looking at that last night as well. Thought maybe it was just on the Icon level jersey but looks like it's all together. Weird. Speaking of the Vaper Untouchable Template, I know we heard it would be available to more players this year, looks like with the release of Color Rush it's pretty much all the teams. The only two I've noticed that didn't switch from the Elite 51 for this was the Seahawks and Cowboys.

I find it a little odd that teams like the Titans who were part of the 2015 Color Rush using their regular light blue jersey got a new version just on the Vapor Untouchable template for Color Rush, but I see this as a way for Nike to get the new template out there. It'll be interesting to see if they only were this template for Color Rush or anytime they were the light blue. Is this the end of the Vapor 51 templates run?

TEN-NFL-NIKE-LMTD-XC2-JRSY-836022_434_A_

Bringing up the Seahawks, I think they absolutely should have taken this opportunity to switch to the Vapor Untouchable template. I don't see anything with their striping that would prohibit them from doing so. Looking at the two versions of the Color Rush jerseys released, while the quality of the Limited is better, the Icon actually looks more like what the players wear in the game. The horizontal chest strips are closer to the position they should be in reference to the NFL shield and have the correct sharp angle cut versus the more rounded cut the Limited has. Ever since Nike took over the NFL and released the new Seahawks jerseys, the Game and Limited have had this pretty glaring inconsistency to the Elite versions. It's frustrating to me as a Seahawks fan that the cheap version of this style actually looks more accurate than then more expensive Limited. If they switch the the VU this could be easily fixed.

Icon

SEA-M-NK-LGD-JSY-XC2-821818_309_A_zpsqma

Limited

SEA-NFL-NIKE-LMTD-XC2-JRSY-SM-848618_308

Seahawks On-Field Elite

2012-seahawks-jersey-closeup_zpsbjxjcbte

Also, any word on if elites will hit the market? If these are more than just a 2016 thing, I'd hope to see the Elite version sooner than later.

Seahawks limited is the only one that looks like that. Every other teams limited is like this

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

2 minutes ago, OaklandRaider said:

Seahawks limited is the only one that looks like that. Every other teams limited is like this

IMG_1512.JPG

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I think the Seahawks missed big by not switching their template for this new jersey. Looking at all the mannequin photos as well as the release photos on players, they stayed with the Vaper 51 template and would have benefitted greatly from switching to the UV template. I think the UV template for both the Elite and Limited would look better than they currently do.

SEAsig.png

1 minute ago, benpc21 said:

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I think the Seahawks missed big by not switching their template for this new jersey. Looking at all the mannequin photos as well as the release photos on players, they stayed with the Vaper 51 template and would have benefitted greatly from switching to the UV template. I think the UV template for both the Elite and Limited would look better than they currently do.

I misunderstood what you were saying. I wonder why the Seahawks didn't switch to the updated cut. They are the darlings of Nike as they made by far way more of their jerseys than any other team. Hell they didn't even make a raiders limited. 

1 hour ago, Wandell said:

There is. I read that originally the Steelers were a pretty poor franchise. So they placed the Steelers logo on one side of the helmets as a cost cutting measure. As the years went one, the logo on the right side of the helmet only became a tradition.

Didn't know that ... the Steelers are among a handful of franchises on my List of Elite Franchises*  ... That information sounds decidedly historical, though. Hope the poverty wasn't a factor in their release of Johnny Unitas in 1956.  

Membership on my list of "Elite Franchises" requires all of the following: Superior Ownership, Fanbase and History, along with Consistent Onfield Excellence (no 7+ year playoff droughts).

- The List:: SteelersGiants,  Redskins, Cowboys, Broncos ... and Patriots, who were inducted 9 years ago. 

49ers dropped off 14 years ago with DeBartolo's felony convictions, and subsequent ownership chaos. Seahawks might be knocking on the door soon.

wS7MJ6T.png

3 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

Didn't know that ... the Steelers are among a handful of franchises on my List of Elite Franchises*  ... That information sounds decidedly historical, though. Hope the poverty wasn't a factor in their release of Johnny Unitas in 1956.  

Membership on my list of "Elite Franchises" requires all of the following: Superior Ownership, Fanbase and History, along with Consistent Onfield Excellence (no 7+ year playoff droughts).

- The List:: SteelersGiants,  Redskins, Cowboys, Broncos ... and Patriots, who were inducted 9 years ago. 

49ers dropped off 14 years ago with DeBartolo's felony convictions, and subsequent ownership chaos. Seahawks might be knocking on the door soon.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do with your "list" but leaving Chicago and Green Bay off of it is asinine. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, OaklandRaider said:

I misunderstood what you were saying. I wonder why the Seahawks didn't switch to the updated cut. They are the darlings of Nike as they made by far way more of their jerseys than any other team. Hell they didn't even make a raiders limited. 

No worries. I noticed that as well. I have a soft spot for the Raiders as I used to work for them and it always bothered me that at that time, they sold Game and Limited jerseys with the shoulder pannels despite the fact the team wasn't using that template yet. I know they have since switched but again another team that would have benefitted from the UV template. It looks like Carolina who stayed with their pre-nike cut is finally having that represented at the retail level. Not sure if this is a new thing or not, but looks like Nike is using a more or less correct template for their Limited jerseys.

NFL-Carolina-Panthers-Cam-Newton-Mens-Fo

SEAsig.png

3 hours ago, patsox said:

That Seahawks uni looks SOOOO bad. I'm sure the joke's been made, but seriously who that's seen It's Always Sunny can not immediately see this:

gWq7eNS.png

I mean, God! Come on!

The jersey's not bad. It'd be a solid look with white or navy pants. But yeesh, the all green. Nah, man. 

Maybe it's just a Seattle thing (we're very used to the Sounders in rave green), but the more green the better.

21 minutes ago, benpc21 said:

I wonder if the Vapor Untouchable template allows for proper neck stripes to return.

7 hours ago, eRay said:

I really love what the Saints, Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, even Browns have done here. New looks echoing old looks done in a different way. It's clear the Saints are the real big winner, but I think the others deserved a mention. Speaking of the Saints, am I the only one that thinks of the White Ranger when looking at their uniforms? I love the look, but I just thought it was funny that my mind went there immediately.

760n4.jpg

The Saints definitely need a gold stripe(s) on their socks.  LOL

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

I wonder if the Vapor Untouchable template allows for proper neck stripes to return.

95% of the way, yes. You can stripe the main part of the collar except for the little triangle at the bottom. But if they were smart, they could make that portion blue, too, and then the red stripes would simply stop at the triangle. Overall, a much needed upgrade over the crummy Elite 51 collar.

IMG_4023.JPG

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Madden 17 has all the Color Rush uniforms and since it allows you to change combos, you can experiment and get some great results.

UP5DDo5.jpg

I did this with the Falcons. I would love something like this going into the new stadium

IMG_6614.JPG

Archived