Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, canzman said:

The schedule makers have many other factors to worry about beside what the uniform match-up may or may not be. I really don't think that is even a factor in their decision making. Networks have certain demands/requests on match-ups. 2 teams share a stadium so you have to work that all out so both aren't at home on the same day. Some cities have restriction and will not allow home football games on the same day as home baseball. Uniforms match-ups are not going to be a factor in the schedule.

But if you're designing an entire multi million dollar marketing plan for your Thursday Night games that's based off of teams wearing color jerseys, you don't mess that up. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

Add another team to the white list...

And instead of reversing teh colors on the Color Rush uniform it's the regular all white look, really NFL?!?!?!?!?!? You couldn't figure out brown and purple are too close to each other!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't know why they couldn't just wear all orange. Browns can't even do color rush right.

Since the NFL is mandating this they probably decided the colors too, or didn't tell teh Browns that Baltimore is wearing purple. Nike should have figured that out when putting these together.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

My top 5:

1: Broncos- Maybe I am a little biased, but they went the the best possible decision. Bonus points for the helmet.

2: Patriots- Classy and beautiful. I hate them, but this set is really good.

3: Chargers- I wish they went with a powder blue set, but the 80's inspired look should look great against the Bronco's throwback inspired look.

4: Saints- Nothing much to say except that they exceeded my expectations. This should be a primary set.

5: Giants- I always liked this old look. Very clean. Bonus points for the throwback logo.

"Meh" 5:

1: Falcons- Better than I expected, but too simple. Needs more red as a stripe.

2: Bengals- Snow tiger look is cool, but I wish they went with orange.

3: Ravens- Love the all purple (and avoidance of gold or white) but not much changed. Love the gold numbers.

4: Browns- Nice look with the better sleeve stripes, but needs more white to soften the details.

5: Colts- not much changed, but the details they added do look good.

The horrible 6 (because 5 is not enough):

1: Jaguars- Gold is alright, but teal is better and there was no change in last year's.

2: Packers- They had so much potential, but it came out boring. Love the white pants though.

3: Titans- Boring and a horrible look from current uniform elements. 

4: Eagles- All black. Enough said.

5: Chiefs- I don't need to say anything.

6: 49ers- One of the most hated sets in NFL history is the new "color" rush. Gold NEEDED to be here.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 minute ago, msubulldog said:

Weren't the Texans rumored to have Oiler-inspired Color Rush outfits? I guess since the Titans still claim "columbia blue", that won't happen.

Correct, the Texans have no claims to anything from the Oilers. The Titans own all the rights to all Oilers history. The uniforms have to be things in the Franchise's current set or history not the City's. So the Texans have nothing to throw back to.

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

I believe I heard it's another colorblind issue.  Orange would look brown to those that are colorblind so it would be a clash.

Maybe they should've thought of that before doing the gimmick.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm actually really shocked that Nike didn't design a white "alternate" color rush uniform for all of the teams that didn't choose white as their designated color. I get that the teams chose their colors before the matchups were released but it seems like it would've been smart to give all of the colored teams a special white alternate uniform in case of a clash so they could still have a special uniform to wear instead of reverting back to their normal white uniforms. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I hate the helmet the broncos went with. Other than that,  I don't mind our set.  

I'm a big time fan of the orange crush era,  but the navy helmet with the triple stripe just doesn't do it for me.  Probably because the previous blue helmet had a white mask.  This one just doesn't look good. 

Please Broncos keep the current helmet following CR! 

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Yeah, the schedule has been out long enough to prepare for colorblind match ups and I was hoping to not see copies of last years uniforms. 

As a Jaguars fans since teal isn't happening again and our Color Rush is in Nashville i would have much liked to have seen a white variant of last years and now this seasons Bold Rush jersey tbh.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

3 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Yeah, the schedule has been out long enough to prepare for colorblind match ups and I was hoping to not see copies of last years uniforms. 

As a Jaguars fans since teal isn't happening again and our Color Rush is in Nashville i would have much liked to have seen a white variant of last years and now this seasons Bold Rush jersey tbh.

I would bet all of these CR unis were in the design and approval process long before the schedule came out.  These CR unis are clearly meant to be more than one year uniforms.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived