2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

Actually, speaking of jerseys... we're two weeks away from this thing and we have zero leaks or inklings on the All-Star uniforms? Really?

You'd think we'd have some sort of merchandise leak by now.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. The Oilers change is by no means awful, but I do hope they tweak the jersey by moving the shoulder numbers onto the sleeve. 

The Devils news has me confused. Why change a modern classic? The only thing I can think of is that they want to go back to the red & green, which could end up looking great. But we'll see.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Just now, insert name said:

Not sure where Yellow and Black came from? It should have some purple. 

I think they tried to avoid being expressly Kings. It's Purple/Silver, Gold/Black, White/Gray, Black/Gray. It dances all around the color scheme, and in some ways it's there...but I think they were trying to avoid the Purple/Gold and Black/Silver and Purple/Black schemes exactly.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

3 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

Wonder how purple vs black would look? I guess we would have to wait to see the full uniform first. Wonder if theyll go all one color with matching gloves/helmets/pants or if theyll all have generic black equipment.

I think that's why they made the arm stripes white on the purple sweater

8 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

Wonder how purple vs black would look? I guess we would have to wait to see the full uniform first. Wonder if theyll go all one color with matching gloves/helmets/pants or if theyll all have generic black equipment.

You'll find out in the first game I'm guessing since those are the colors of the Central and the Pacific. 

5 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I think that's why they made the arm stripes white on the purple sweater

Which means we'll most likely see white helmets on the purple sweater, especially since purple is a tough custom colour to nail.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

59 minutes ago, demondg1 said:

I hope all of them have pant shells in the same color as the shoulders/sleeves.

White and silver pant shells would look awful, as the Kings themselves displayed during the Stadium Series:

Kings_Stadium_Series_Win.jpg

I'm guessing these will each be paired with black pant shells. It's the one color that works well with each of those designs (except perhaps the purple jersey).

Archived