College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Strange. Seems to be hugely favoring ALABAMA as that end zone appears much more prominent. Is this done? Could the FLORIDA side still be waiting on an orange background?

The made the endzones look like the home stadium for each team, and yes Florida's home endzone is very plain.

10 hours ago, BamaBryan said:

Can we please have this again ? You would think It'd be a no-brainer with this being the 25th.

SEC 2016.jpg

Probably likely--as the East champ is designated home team in even # years and the West champ is designated home team in odd # years.

On 11/29/2016 at 11:42 AM, aawagner011 said:

This is misinterpreted. What they are doing is using the exact endzone designs from each team's respective home field endzone design. So Alabama will have crimson endzones with white italic Alabama text while Florida will have plain grass endzones with their custom Florida font.

Alabama:

5718106.jpg

To me that italicized end zone for 'Bama is dated as they've been using it for almost 30 years, going back to when Bill Curry was coach.

10 hours ago, msubulldog said:

To me that italicized end zone for 'Bama is dated as they've been using it for almost 30 years, going back to when Bill Curry was coach.

Bama used the non-italicized serifed wordmark for several years in the endzones in the late 90s/2000s...but I like this throwback look better.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That VT combo is soooo close to perfection. Switch the collar to maroon and either make the helmet stripe match the shoulder stripe or remove it completely, and you're there. It's painfully close.

I'd be ok with full stripes.  And maybe white facemasks on the road for a game (quasi-throwback).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 12/1/2016 at 10:46 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

That VT combo is soooo close to perfection. Switch the collar to maroon and either make the helmet stripe match the shoulder stripe or remove it completely, and you're there. It's painfully close.

Their uniform will never be close to perfection without stripes on the pants. 

Their best-looking uniform ever in my opinion was worn in the 2010 ACC Championship game. 

VT Hokies 3.jpg

VT Hokies 4.jpg

spacer.png

One of my favorite things about the conference championship games and the bowl games is to see how they paint the fields.  My personal preference is to have the end zones the way they are at the teams stadium.  

17 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Probably likely--as the East champ is designated home team in even # years and the West champ is designated home team in odd # years.

Very True, I was just hoping Florida doesn't show up with any combo of these. Keep the traditional uniform like 1992. I KNOW what Bama will be wearing. LOL 

Florida combos.jpg

Western Michigan looks horrid, I want to rip my eye-balls out, but the one thing that drives me nuts about their uniforms for the last three years is their inability to wear the bronco logo correctly. They also seem to have invert the logo and it doesn't look right... EVER!

Archived