Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

3 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I'd be perfectly fine with a touch up of this, with green and the roundel. 

Any word on time of the reveal?

The mock ups are using the current secondary as it is close to the new logo. New logo will be revealed at halftime of tonight's game vs OKC. 

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eRay said:

And must include a basketball, if you listen to some rumors. Adds to the laziness of it. "Basketball plus text, let's do a roundel."

The primary logo doesn't need to include a basketball so long as one of the logos in the set does. And it doesn't even have to be obvious that it's a basketball, it just has to be a suggestion of one, like in Milwaukee's primary or Atlanta's tertiary logos:

IMG_3441.thumb.PNG.c485c80a457fa0ef8b6ccdf632bf5b74.PNGIMG_3442.thumb.PNG.10a6866773f626271d4df11455a5217f.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, eRay said:

And must include a basketball, if you listen to some rumors. Adds to the laziness of it. "Basketball plus text, let's do a roundel."

Just one of the logos has to have a basketball in it. Doesn't have to be primary. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

8 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

From the Timberwolves subreddit:

mzIO1Ga.png

38uIFDg.png

I don't like the font. And the fur shapes are a bit too flowing IMO. Seems similar to the Grizzlies. Lateral move from these images.

Here is a story about the designer:

http://www.startribune.com/designer-s-work-on-new-wolves-logo-is-at-heart-of-rebranding/419100144/

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Pros: double blue tones, green accents (plural), minimal gray

Cons: awkward fur curves, too much blank space where wolf and roundel intersect, meh font

I kinda like it, and I think it'll grow on me....all things considered, I was prepared for something much worse. I'll reserve final judgment until I see what they do with the rest of their branding and uniforms.

4 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Pros: double blue tones, green accents (plural), minimal gray

Cons: awkward fur curves, too much blank space where wolf and roundel intersect, meh font

I kinda like it, and I think it'll grow on me....all things considered, I was prepared for something much worse. I'll reserve final judgment until I see what they do with the rest of their branding and uniforms.

Could use some trees in there.

Here's a rough and sloppy:

58ed1f8f0c190_NBAWolves1(2)b1.png.adc6a4e71150628d3a8867a37e5ac9ea.png

They could've used more elements from that, wonderful, current (for a few more hours) secondary.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Probably my biggest typographical pet peeve is when the capital letter A doesn't have a crossbar.

This is what I imagine had happened in that designers head: "Hmmmm, how can I make this font look custom and different?... Hey, I know! I'll remove the crossbar from the letter A, that'll be so cool."

Also, I'm content with that logo.

I guess I can dig it, as tigerslionspistonshabs said

25 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

From the Timberwolves subreddit:

mzIO1Ga.png

38uIFDg.png

7JmRNxy.png

More trees are nice. At first I want more green but neon green can be kinda harsh, so this is a decent balance (just needs to be actually present on the unis). Hopefully the star signifies a north star/northern lights element. All in all good looking primary, excited for the rest of the set.

Just now, hettinger_rl said:

Could use some trees in there.

Here's a rough and sloppy:

58ed1f8f0c190_NBAWolves1(2)b1.png.adc6a4e71150628d3a8867a37e5ac9ea.png

They could've used more elements from that, wonderful, current (for a few more hours) secondary.

Love the inclusion of trees in the background -- tree on the wolf feels forced.

14 minutes ago, OliverP said:

Probably my biggest typographical pet peeve is when the capital letter A doesn't have a crossbar.

This is what I imagine had happened in that designers head: "Hmmmm, how can I make this font look custom and different?... Hey, I know! I'll remove the crossbar from the letter A, that'll be so cool."

I'm thinking they'll spin it as an arrow pointing toward the north, even though it isn't exactly facing straight up.

Archived