Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

You can't possibly be referring to one of the greatest looks of all time, can you? 

quebec-nordiques-blue-vintage-jersey-3.g

I'm sorry, did you just call the worst pro sports logo of all time "one of the greatest looks of all time"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! I guess sarcasm really doesn't translate well on the internet (Cause there's no way you can be serious, I mean, common).

3 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

I actually own one of those Nordiques jerseys, with "27 HEXTALL" on the back. I absolutely love it. The colours are fantastic, and yeah, I even like the abstract igloo logo!
395.png0720.png

No matter how unusual the Igloo-N logo looks, it's screams "Les Nordiques De Quebec" as much as the CH screams "Les Canadiens De Montréal".

I'm hoping that with this reveal the Sens finally come to their senses and ditch the gladiator for the heritage look full time.

I am surprised that the wordmark doesn't emphasize "Knights" over "Golden". As for the use of "Vegas" rather than "Las Vegas", I'd prefer the full name, but the logo is nice without an "L" shoehorned in there somewhere. Besides, they aren't the New York City Rangers/Islanders, North Carolina Hurricanes, or Tampa Lightning.

27 minutes ago, vman said:

I'm sorry, did you just call the worst pro sports logo of all time "one of the greatest looks of all time"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! I guess sarcasm really doesn't translate well on the internet (Cause there's no way you can be serious, I mean, common).

Um, not to get off topic, but the Nordiques light blue uniforms (or "look") are iconic, and it really has nothing to do with their logos.

The logos are definitely Quebec-inspired and an acquired taste... but even if you think the logos are bad, you have to admit that the look as a whole was awesome.

35 minutes ago, SJAnfield said:

They passed on Quebec for THIS?!?!

I honestly don't believe Quebec was passed over for Las Vegas.  IMO, Vegas was always going to get a team as long as Foley had the money to pay the $500 million expansion fee.  Quebec being in the east and with the weakening Canadian dollar is probably why the league passed over Quebec.  That, and they are waiting for Seattle.  Quebec will eventually get its team when Peter Karmanos finally runs out of time and is forced to sell the Hurricanes.  It seems to be another Atlanta situation where nobody wants to buy the team and keep it there.  If not them, then maybe Florida.

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Welcome everyone to the inaugural season of the "Vegas Golden Knights of Professional Hockey!!"

Vegas Golden Knights of Columbus

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

20 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Besides, they aren't the New York City Rangers/Islanders, North Carolina Hurricanes, or Tampa Lightning.

True.  Then again, the Hurricanes wish to incorporate both states, & Tampa Bay is also region not a city proper.  

Apparently LV locals refer to their own city as Vegas as this jabroni owner suggests.  I have no idea either way.  It'll be curious to see whether we see the team officially listed as Vegas or Las Vegas on standings & whatnot.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

The logos are decent, I suppose. From what I've seen, the color scheme is going to be pretty drab (and we may have some contrasting issues between the "steel gray" and black). The name just ruins it all for me though; it sounds so minor league-ish. Why couldn't they just go by the FULL city name? Even if the uniforms end up being fantastic, the name is the thing that's going to bring the whole identity down.

The team not having jerseys before Christmas means they don't think ahead, which means they won't draft well, they won't scout well, and they won't play well.

The team just previewed its entire six-year run in Vegas: :censored: up, apologize for the :censored: up, promise to do better, and then :censored: up again.

You only get one bite at the expansion team fever apple, and the Christmas shopping season was right there. It's a monumental screw up. This team is blowing it as much as they possibly can, right out of the gate.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

How is Blue Jackets a bad name?

In a word: 

150px-Clb_Alternate.png

It's been a very confusing name that has involved a lot of explaining until just recently. I'm not even convinced that most people know what the name is all about. 

The bug, the union uniforms, there was even talk of a Chief Blue Jacket in the Ohio area in those early years. It was yellow jackets...except not.

I'm a huge fan of the team, and I still don't think their identity is very good. Like Minnesota, it's decent IN SPITE OF the name, not because of it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived