Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

14 minutes ago, MEANS said:

November 18th. Name, Logo, and Colors.

Woo! Quick question (I know you can't divulge much). Were the changes that pushed the unveil back to November minor or substantial? I'm curious if the powers that be were going with name A and suddenly course corrected to name B. Or if the changes were just minor alterations.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason the desert knights page on NHL.com loads a 404 page but in French...  Both golden and silver knights load regular old english 404 pages...

https://www.nhl.com/desertknights

With the various odd things (site completely froze last month) under /desertknights on the NHL site, that leads me to believe there is code to handle redirects now and to hide the page.  My money is on Desert Knights.

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

I am curios to see how much they downplay the adjective in the branding.

LAS VEGAS 

desert KNIGHTS

Do we know they will be Las Vegas... 

or will they simply be Vegas... ?

?
If they shorten it to Vegas, which I've seen allusions to, I think it makes anything they choose infinitely better. 

Of course the Vegas Aces rolls off the tongue best. But alas, no point in going down that direction. 

The Vegas Desert Knights isn't awful.

The Las Vegas Desert Knights seems...lengthy. 

15 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

cool. source?

1. NHL, Las Vegas announcing it.

Hi! Welcome to the Creative Means. I am a sports apparel, typography and logo designer originally from Easton, PA and now residing in Indianapolis, IN. I've worked in the sports apparel industry for over 18 years and have designed for the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA, adidas, and Reebok

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

40 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The fans can refer to them as Vegas, but they should officially go by Las Vegas. If they don't go by their full city name then it sounds unprofessional.

I'm guessing that every broadcaster in the new franchise's short history will sound remarkably unprofessional about 20+ times a game, then.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

lasvegassilverknights.com registered with Namespro Solutions

lasvegasgoldenknights.com registered with GoDaddy

lasvegasdesertknights.com registered with Moniker Online Services LLC

Other sites registered with Moniker? NHL.com, edmontonoilers.com.

Then again, newyorkrangers.com is registered with Tucows and pittsburghpenguins.com is registered with Network Solutions, so who really knows?

2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

lasvegassilverknights.com registered with Namespro Solutions

lasvegasgoldenknights.com registered with GoDaddy

lasvegasdesertknights.com registered with Moniker Online Services LLC

Other sites registered with Moniker? NHL.com, edmontonoilers.com.

Then again, newyorkrangers.com is registered with Tucows and pittsburghpenguins.com is registered with Network Solutions, so who really knows?

coloradoavalanche.com is registered with GoDaddy.   

Don't think we can really tell by those.

54 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Ugh. Desert Knights has nice symbolism, but is the worst name out of the 3.

At least the atrocity of Sand Knights isn't happening...

906e62e52ce7792da87542085f089524c75a05b2

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Man there is so many posts out there railroading Las Vegas as the next Sun Belt failure as is on other pages. I really hoped that this one would be void of that.

I am sorry Quebec didn't get a team. Hell, I am sorry they lost the Nordiques to begin with. However, as someone who has waited most my life to see my hometown get a pro franchise and think Vegas CAN be a Major League sports town, I just wanna talk about Bill Foley's Adjective Knight obsessive ways and await the branding day. No more anti Vegas stuff..  Please. 

Texas.gif

Archived