Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

17 hours ago, DAKINS24 said:

The London Knights have a large amount of pull within the CHL, and hockey for that matter.  I'm sure they are just less forgiving with their trademarks.

The Knights were never actually asked and don't hold a trademark on just "Knights" for hockey in Canada anyway, even though people said otherwise.  Foley always wanted "______ Knights."

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, TheRatPack said:

Reading on twitter and hfboards, name leaked and it is Desert Knights.

I'm fine with it. It'll be the logos and, to a lesser extent, the sweaters that determine the success or failure of the name.

Eh, I'll just call them the "Knights" anyways. I'm not too worried about the prefix. I'm much more worried about what kind of identity we're getting as far as logos and colors are concerned. "Desert" leaves the door wide open for a lot of different ideas, which is both a good thing and a bad thing.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 minute ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Eh, I'll just call them the "Knights" anyways. I'm not too worried about the prefix. I'm much more worried about whether or not what kind of identity we're getting as far as logos and colors are concerned. "Desert" leaves the door wide open for a lot of different ideas, which is both a good thing and a bad thing.

Silver/grey, black, gold, and brick could work. It might be a bit too close to Arizona's look, but who are we kidding?

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Silver/grey, black, gold, and brick could work. It might be a bit too close to Arizona's look, but who are we kidding?

I think it could work well if the brick is minimal, like 3rd/4th color minimal. If it's primary though (which I doubt, but who knows), then I think that's where it'll be a problem.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think it could work well if the brick is minimal, like 3rd/4th color minimal. If it's primary though (which I doubt, but who knows), then I think that's where it'll be a problem.

Nah, the logo will probably use black liberally.

They said the name couldn't be "Black Knights," remember :P

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nah, the logo will probably use black liberally.

They said the name couldn't be "Black Knights," remember :P

Haha that's very true! And I do hope you're right. They've got a chance to nail this, and I think grey and/or black as the primary with gold and (possibly) another color as trim is the way to go. Basically, just about anything Sparky Chewbarky has churned out recently :)

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, TheRatPack said:

Reading on twitter and hfboards, name leaked and it is Desert Knights.

So what are the sources then???

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

after reading the article and Foley's comments, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say Black, Gold, and Silver will all be in the color scheme, maybe with a sand or copper color as well.. the article made it seem like everything's pretty much in place, and deciding on which nickname suited everything best..

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

after reading the article and Foley's comments, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say Black, Gold, and Silver will all be in the color scheme, maybe with a sand or copper color as well.. the article made it seem like everything's pretty much in place, and deciding on which nickname suited everything best..

Best I could do with the color scheme mentioned.  Hard to balance three light neutral colors like that...

HWuoeFT.png

39 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Best I could do with the color scheme mentioned.  Hard to balance three light neutral colors like that...

HWuoeFT.png

this with black gloves/pants would look a little better too. not bad considering the colors you were given.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived