Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good. 

"ESPN.com: Would you like to tell me the name?

Foley: I will tell you it's going to be "something Knights."

ESPN.com: You could get ahead of the news cycle if you told me.

Foley: I could, but we're going to announce it Nov. 18. You heard George say, "Even my wife doesn't know."

ESPN.com: How involved have you been in not just the name but also the design of the jersey and the color scheme?

Foley: Completely involved. I'm trying to get Adidas to come around to my way of thinking, in terms of how I want this jersey to look and the power and the culture I want it to evoke. And they're getting there. But I'm trying to get one color more bold instead of recessive, and I believe we'll get it done next week. If we do, we can start printing hats and T-shirts and gym bags. We won't have jerseys probably until mid-December, but we'll have everything else. This will be powerful.

ESPN.com: Do you want to share the color scheme with me?

Foley: Well, as I've said, it will have some desert influences. Because it's Knights, there's obviously going to be some steel gray somewhere. Probably have some gold because that makes sense, and most teams have black."

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/17827608/nhl-las-vegas-expansion-team-owner-bill-foley-says-team-powerful-force-fans

4 hours ago, JGraz15 said:

Not good. 

Foley: I could, but we're going to announce it Nov. 18. You heard George say, "Even my wife doesn't know."

ESPN.com: How involved have you been in not just the name but also the design of the jersey and the color scheme?

Foley: Completely involved. I'm trying to get Adidas to come around to my way of thinking, in terms of how I want this jersey to look and the power and the culture I want it to evoke. And they're getting there. But I'm trying to get one color more bold instead of recessive, and I believe we'll get it done next week. If we do, we can start printing hats and T-shirts and gym bags. We won't have jerseys probably until mid-December, but we'll have everything else. This will be powerful.

Foley: Well, as I've said, it will have some desert influences. Because it's Knights, there's obviously going to be some steel gray somewhere. Probably have some gold because that makes sense, and most teams have black."

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/17827608/nhl-las-vegas-expansion-team-owner-bill-foley-says-team-powerful-force-fans

God... He sounds like a :censored:.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

God... He sounds like a :censored:.

Why because he pulls major dick moves by telling the professionals how to do it lol How do we not know that during jettings from TX to MO to LA then LV he isn't using the latest Apple design products to kill time and designs logos for amateur competitions against other billionaires?

Serious note though, the colors change every time he is asked because I believe he changes his mind every time he is asked. I bet Adidas just loves this guy, his own marketing team doesn't know what day he plans to tell the world the name until hours/days after he says it at a meet and greet. Basically working for him sounds like a breeze, you do nothing unless he tells you to and until that time he'll handle it. You may be made to look clueless, incompetent and a puppet but its a job.

As far as what the name will be, god only knows but based on the most liked of the three, Desert Knights, based on him likely being a dick who cares little what the people think, Golden Knights. If he cares what people think but not entirely, Silver Knights.

I have little doubt this dude picked two friends as GM/Pres so he can essentially tell them what to do and they accept that, so you have a General Puppet Manager, General Puppet Pres. etc.

The only good outcome here is the jerseys rock and the name is Desert Knights...after that how the team is built and run is a coin flip while his friends are under him.

22 hours ago, JGraz15 said:

Not good. 

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

23 hours ago, JGraz15 said:

Not good. 

I've been holding off saying this, because I don't want to turn this into a political discusssion, but I swear every time Foley opens his mouth, it's like listening to Trump. 

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Funny you mention Trump @Frylock, I read the other day where a dude said if Foley goes with Golden Knights (least preferred name) he is giving the fans a big middle finger and basically becomes the most selfish billionaire of 2016 out doing Trump!

I see what he means, only a selfish dude picks the least liked name of the three and does so because its a parachute team for the Army. An Army keep in mind who told him NO on Black Knights, he is so self absorbed he can gets dissed by a group and still thinks he is honor them. While rejecting the opinion of his actual supporters, the fans.

Better be Desert or Silver cause this momma ain't wearing a golden shower t-shirt.

On 10/22/2016 at 8:06 PM, JGraz15 said:

This is a serious red flag.

Foley is a former attorney and an investor/businessman. He is not a designer. He is not a branding expert. To have him "completely involved" in the branding and design process and to have him talk about badgering Adidas into accepting "his way of thinking" is seriously bad news.

Maybe I'm biased, but this kind of micromanagement is never good. Let the designers and the branding folks do their jobs. I realize Foley paid a stupid amount of money for the team, but if he's serious about the success of the team, he needs to let the people around him do what they are paid (and trained) to do. 

A big part of the reason why I don't do design work professionally is I've had to deal with one too many clients like Foley. Its both infuriating and depressing to have someone who has no experience with design dictating the minutest detail of a project because they're the one paying the bill. Often these are the same people who think design is "easy" and don't understand why its so hard to just rip off someone else's work and don't see what's wrong with using copperplate bold. 

I need a drink. 

I'm not sure I understand the criticism of the owner or team being involved in the design process given how some of the same folks were in favor of teams standing up for themselves when RBK allegedly ruined hockey jersey design. 

Any unveiling gets huge overreactions here, let's wait until the actual stuff is released on this one. 

Archived