NFL 2016: The Regular Season Thread

buzzcut

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fire Jeff Fisher

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

15 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Fire Jeff Fisher

Let him get the record for most losses first.

Anyway, the Steelers finally won a game! Even though the AFC North hasn't defeated an opponent outside its' division since week five, I'm happy!

NSFCvyu.png

Just now, JWhiz96 said:

Let him get the record for most losses first.

So potentially the end of the season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Me: "How many freaking missed extra points have there been today? Feel like that's all I've seen today."

NBC, two seconds later: "12 missed extra points today, an NFL record."

(I like pushing back the extra point, personally. Gives a little intrigue and difficulty to it, at least.)

It's not like it's the first time it's felt like every five minutes somebody's being carried off the field...but ugh...just ugh.  Tough covering anybody with no corners.  At this point, it'll take a flat out miracle for the Packers to even think about a wild card, given the NFC East is just too good this year.  I'd be surprised if the Giants and Skins aren't the wild cards.

I'm mildly surprised by the Lions, though...it's almost like they've forgotten they're the Lions...who needs that Suh guy, eh? :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

7 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

It's not like it's the first time it's felt like every five minutes somebody's being carried off the field...but ugh...just ugh.  Tough covering anybody with no corners.  At this point, it'll take a flat out miracle for the Packers to even think about a wild card, given the NFC East is just too good this year.  I'd be surprised if the Giants and Skins aren't the wild cards.

I'm mildly surprised by the Lions, though...it's almost like they've forgotten they're the Lions...who needs that Suh guy, eh? :D

Somebody has to win the North.  There are no truly good teams in the North. I still think the smart money's on the Packers, though the Lions may be good enough to eek it out at 9-7.

The Vikings are awful.  The officials handed them a win yesterday, but they are terrible.  Brutal offense and the defense is not close to as good as we thought it was.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Somebody has to win the North.  There are no truly good teams in the North. I still think the smart money's on the Packers, though the Lions may be good enough to eek it out at 9-7.

The Vikings are awful.  The officials handed them a win yesterday, but they are terrible.  Brutal offense and the defense is not close to as good as we thought it was.

Thursday's game will be a big one, my friend. I learned long ago to never bank on the Lions doing anything, even when it seems like a lock. Being conservative, I see them beating Minnesota, Chicago, and either the Saints or Giants, putting them at 9-7. 

The Vikings, as banged up as they are, still have a stout defense. In their last 6 games, the Bears, Jags and Colts are all winnable, putting them at 9-7, but losing the tie breaker to the Lions.

The Packers typically dominate in December, but they're already in a fairly deep hole. I can't see them beating Philly, Seattle, but their other 4 games (Hou, Chi, Min, Det) are all very winnable. Even then, they're at 8-8. 

sig.png

Yeah to be honest I didn't see the Vikings making it too far this season even with a 5-0 start. An awful o-line, terrible play calling and stupid injuries shot this season in the butt. Oh and no first round pick either

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

The Packers need to field an NFL caliber defense just to compete, let alone win a game.

NSFCvyu.png

Archived