2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

As much as I want the Cubs to just finish this off Monday, I'm not at all comfortable thinking this is over. Bumgarner is still pitching at home, and until he gets absolutely shelled one day I just can't help but chalk a MadBum postseason start as a "W" at this point. And then at that point, who knows how much momentum that gives the Giants? Maybe it doesn't give them any, but I just can't count the Giants out of a series that MadBum hasn't pitched in yet. I mean...let's face it, this guy is basically Postseason Sandy Koufax.

I still think the Cubs make it out, but it still may be in five. I don't think they'll beat Bumgarner.

As for the rest of the league, the crazy thing is I'm not comfortable with any of the current leads right now. The closest I am to comfortable is Toronto, what with the lineup just absolutely churning right now, but Texas has shown they're more than capable of stringing comebacks together. As Cleveland is my AL "hope pick" I want them to get this over with tomorrow, but the Red Sox have a way of pulling magic out of their butts at Fenway (and Cleveland historically just doesn't know how to put Boston away either). And we're only one close game into LAD/WSH, so that's too early to tell. 

Nothing's really over yet. But still, Go Indians and Cubs.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actor and comedian Bill Murray was back cheering on the Cubs for the second night in a row. He was wearing a jacket when he was shown on the videoboard before the second inning, so it was not clear if he was wearing an "I Ain't Afraid of No Goat" shirt as he did on Friday.

Former Cubs closer Lee Smith threw out the first pitch, and Chicago native and former WWE star CM Punk delivered the "Play Ball!" call before the game.

Actor Jeff Garlin sang "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/cubs-beat-giants-to-take-2-0-nlds-lead-100816

:censored:ing posers and lames :rolleyes:  those awkward celebs and their cubbies 

29 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Actor and comedian Bill Murray was back cheering on the Cubs for the second night in a row. He was wearing a jacket when he was shown on the videoboard before the second inning, so it was not clear if he was wearing an "I Ain't Afraid of No Goat" shirt as he did on Friday.

Former Cubs closer Lee Smith threw out the first pitch, and Chicago native and former WWE star CM Punk delivered the "Play Ball!" call before the game.

Actor Jeff Garlin sang "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch.

I could do without the the B-list parade. Idgaf about Bill Murray, Eddie Vedder, PHIL BROOKS or whatever "suffering" wash-up they feel they need to showcase. Just play baseball and fukking win!

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

I could do without the the B-list parade. Idgaf about Bill Murray, Eddie Vedder, PHIL BROOKS or whatever "suffering" wash-up they feel they need to showcase. Just play baseball and fukking win!

:huh:

Stared at the tv with my mouth open for two solid minutes. That was awesome!

Also, first playoff walk-off to be reviewed? Bad challenge on a normal play but that was the only chance Texas had at saving their season.

Donaldson's mad dash. That. Was. Awesome.

Honestly, he may quietly be putting together the best Postseason of any player in the field so far this year. I already thought so before he scored, and think even more so now. And this without hitting a single home run yet, too.

Anyways, the Jays are stringing together some pretty memorable moments in the past two Postseasons, aren't they? Between Bautista's flip last year and Encarnacion's homer + Donaldson's mad dash this year, it seems the moments you remember or will remember most have the Jays written all over them. This has been a really, really fun team to watch over the last couple of seasons. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived