College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

24 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Why do we continue to compare Arizona to West Virginia? The two designs have nothing in common other than a poorly designed number font. 

Well, both schools have plain white helmets, and plain white pants that have nothing to do with the dark jerseys.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On June 28, 2017 at 8:49 PM, dfwabel said:

screen-shot-2017-06-28-at-3-56-14-pm_zps

what? they listed the deisgn elements plainly like that without "the bandana symbolizes the wild wests rough inhabitants who's spirits we want to capture" and "the mustache symbolizes the common feature among men in vegas we want to embody that stiff upper lip"

22 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah, it's like Arizona and Syracuse have a bet on who has the bigger numbers.

I was gonna say, these two schools do look alike, with the lack of contrast bw the numbers and the tops and the crappy number font. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

2 hours ago, bowld said:

ff_2818193alt2_full.jpg&w=600

Beautiful jersey...but the jock tag is a little much.  "California" is all you need on that..

The yellow outline around the numbers is pretty stellar.  They could have gone with one-color navy numbers, to match the home jerseys (with gold numbers), but they didn't, and it was a good choice.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

38 minutes ago, Sk2k said:

what? they listed the deisgn elements plainly like that without "the bandana symbolizes the wild wests rough inhabitants who's spirits we want to capture" and "the mustache symbolizes the common feature among men in vegas we want to embody that stiff upper lip"

I always think it's hilarious when teams try to over dramatize their explanations as to why their logos have certain features in order to make it seem like it's the greatest logo ever created. Such as, "the mountains represent the highs and lows a team experiences during a season and the steep climb one must reach in order to get to the top." Like, no...they're just simply mountains because you play in Nevada. Idiots.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Sure, why not? Just use it sparingly for an annual white-out.

I'm all for mixing and matching if the combos are coherent and use school colors. Makes college football more visually interesting. 

EDIT: Damn, last post on this page. Won't get any responses now. :)

We have never won a game in the white helmets and they have no historical context with us; I would rather use a yellow helmet like we did in the past. 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Maybe a clue to the new Oregon look: All the new 2017 football stuff is featuring the camo pattern from the 2015 civil war jerseys. It's being used in the same place where teams are using their sleeve/pant stripe (pattern).

2015_11_27.ADE_.UO_.FB_.Vs_.OregonState-12.thumb.jpg.8e0f6bc7bfaaf65b80ee09d22502aff4.jpg sideline-true-oregon-adjustable-hat.jpg.20c0f463855d119bcc3a65534f88f81a.jpgsideline-true-florida-state-adjustable-hat.jpg.0e106706d6b1f765955a8e13f64f6317.jpgdrylegend-staff-oregon-mens-t-shirt.jpg.e61ff3c4a1b43c46350695b0356dd589.jpgdrylegend-staff-ohio-state-mens-t-shirt.jpg.21e600988399957dcb6a9fbe81297c78.jpg

On 6/29/2017 at 9:09 AM, djam2410 said:

No, I would rather see a yellow version of the matte helmet 

Calls uniforms still continue to impress me. An excellent job by under armour. As for the white helmet for Cal it seems that most people don't want it and would prefer a matte gold helmet. I'm not a cal fan but my dad was (he grew up near Berkeley) so I have some ties to Cal, but other people on here are Cal fans and they all show some form of dislike for the white helmet, whether it's that they've never won in them or there is no historical significance. So now I ask how many people would like to see a matte yellow helmet that djam2410 suggested for Cal?

I was a huge fan of that camo pattern for Oregon. Just go ahead and make it the primary look. The colors were great and it was a great blend of both contemporary design while not being overly busy. It's flashy because the pattern consumes the entire jersey but since it's tonal green, it still just looks like green and yellow at a glance.

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

We have never won a game in the white helmets and they have no historical context with us; I would rather use a yellow helmet like we did in the past. 

Didn't realize they were unlucky. 

4 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Didn't realize they were unlucky. 

A short history lesson via California Golden Blogs

Let's take a look at the wild and wonderful world of white helmets at Cal.

Cal debuted white helmets all the way back in 2011. They proceeded to lose to Oregon 43-15.

They tried the white helmets later that year. They went to UCLA and lost one of the most godawful football games I've ever watched.

They then used the white helmets for their 2012 home debut against Nevada. They blew the game and kickstarted the end of the Tedford era.

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I was a huge fan of that camo pattern for Oregon. Just go ahead and make it the primary look. The colors were great and it was a great blend of both contemporary design while not being overly busy. It's flashy because the pattern consumes the entire jersey but since it's tonal green, it still just looks like green and yellow at a glance.

No, just stop.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

4 hours ago, Sk2k said:

it's a better presentation than one with the usual disconnected copywriting, but i still have an issue with it because it does nothing but point out the obvious. you dont need to treat the audience like idiots, just give them enough to make the connections themselves. i think something like this works much better

unlv.thumb.jpg.87e8de5ae95932abb2867af189ab433b.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived